3/29 SCRABBLE PMPS 122 +4 68 +7 68

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle & Scrabble (GA), Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning all! Scrabble was being a jerk this morning about testing, he did this to me yesterday, and didn't want me to poke him! Finally got his amps of 106! Yay! Cats are happy and fed. I did have to poke him like 3 times this morning to get his shot because he kept moving, but thank God I got it and it wasn't a fur shot! I am a little concerned about a bump that has formed on his flank. I had bruised him a couple of weeks ago when he moved during his shot (he has shaved areas in his flank from when he was first diagnosed that the vet did for me so it would be easier to shoot since he has such long fur) so ever since I bruised him I started shooting in the shoulder area. Anyway, the bruise is pretty much gone but it is still a little red and a lump has formed there. I don't know if it is just scar tissue or something to worry about. Has anyone else encountered this? Thinking about taking him to the vets this week to check it out. It doesn't seem to bother him, but me being the worrysome mama I am worried about it of course! Hate to take him to the vet and stress him out though!
    Yesterday's condo
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10436

2. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/29 SCRABBLE AMPS 106

Good Morning Michelle.
    What a terrific start to the day number wise.
    I think Scrabble is telling you enough is enough with the test and shots.
    He wants to be done soon!

I remember the bump you were talking about in his scruff, now the flank?
    You are rotating where you shoot right?
    I have not noticed anything with Max, maybe somone can give you an answer
    later. It is a small amount of insulin so it would surprise me but i'm no expert.
    Hope Scrabble gives you a nice green surf today, calmly. :mrgreen:

3. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Hi Randi, no the bump I am talking about is in his flank, it was where I bruised him a couple of weeks ago when he moved away from me when the needle was in. It bruised first and now there is a lump. Yes I rotate sides now and I shoot in his shoulder area. I have never shot in the scruff since I heard the absorption rate is not as good. Hope it is nothing to worry about it!!

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry Michell, couldn't remember wher the bump was, just that there was one.
    Now I remember you trying out the scruff. If it really is bothering you then it might be worth the trip but as I said, maybe someone with more knowledge will be by later.
    You know it's funny about the scruff because I also beleived about the poor absorption rate.
    I used to shoot max in the shoulder are and was told along his spine too. I uses to pinch
    his skin and try and make a tent to get the needle in a nice spot.
    the funny thing is just around the time his numbers started plummeting was when I changed
    how I shoot him. I rotate the scruff and I grab the skin so now I get this nice
    empty space for the needle to go in.
    For all I know I was nt shooting him properly at the beginning.
    Scrabble is doing well so if it aint broke, don"t fix it.

5. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Good morning Michelle and Scrabble! Michelle, I just love looking at your ss...all those greens look wonderful! The blues aren't to bad either, lol!
    I think that if that bump bothers you, then you should take Scrabble to the vet. If it's nothing, at least your mind will be put at ease. The only thing it will hurt is your wallet, lol, but I know that being the good mamabean that you are, money is not going to be the issue. If it's a bump it could be just some scar tissue, but if you are rotating the shot areas, you shouldn't have that...I would think. Not a vet or a dr. here, so that's just my thoughts. Like I said, better safe than sorry.
    Hope you guys have a great day today. Scrabble, be good for your mama, she's only trying to help you.

Spot sez "Scrabble, me man, listen to me...those pokies in da earz and dat medcine will stop whenz Mr. P starts to work again. Me mums sez to me dat you iz lookin guds and dat maybee if youz keeps it up, youz maybee movin to a new condo sumdae soon!! Pleeze hurrie, need halp drivin deez feline femmes around da falls!!!

6. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Tugger's bumps were about pea sized I'd say. Other than him nearly going into kittygasm when I scratched his scruff, I never noticed it bothering him but I would have to say they itched as they healed/faded. I'm not really sure how long they hung out, a couple of weeks maybe? They're gone now.

I thought it might have been because I discovered youngerson had been shooting wrong. I had shown him how to give the shots and never actually watched him do it because he only does it if I'm not here to do it. Well, one day I asked him to because I had my hands yucky with dinner stuff. I watched and saw that he was just sort of jabbing it in there. No tent, just poke n shoot. I showed him how to do it the right way and not long after or right about then was when we changed to shooting in the flank in part because of me noticing the bumps and in part because I read that the scruff doesn't absorb as well. It seems to hold true with Tugger, his numbers went down when I changed to the flank. ECID though lol.

Personally, I wouldn't take him to the vet over it. I'm cheap though, if it's not bothering him and it doesn't seem to be inflamed or warm to the touch and if all the P's are in order and his numbers are good... why spend the money? (Unless there's something else going on and you can kill two birds with one stone.) If there are signs that things aren't healing well I'd go in, but that's me. You've gotta do what's right for you. =)

Hope y'all have a nice green day!

7. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Scrabble is looking good!

I haven't dealt with bumps, so I have no advice there. I am finding the scruff v. flank discussion interesting tho. I've always shot around the scruff because that's where the vet showed me to do it, and where Max doesn't complain. I don't shoot in exactly the same spot, and I shoot while he's eating, but he lets out a little squeak when I get too close to his shoulders...and I don't dare try the flank with him as he's sensitive about them and will probably nip or bite me (you have no idea how many times it's nearly happened to the vet!). And with the way Max's numbers have been going, it doesn't seem that he has a problem with absorption from the scruff. I also pull up the skin to make a tent and shoot in there.

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Not sure about the bump ...maybe the only assurance you can get is from the vet who can look at it in person...
    Scrabble is looking great ...Happy full Moon Eve...don't forget the party tomorrow...
    Hope you guys have a nice Monday!

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle! I can't help you with the bump, but the next time you take Scrabble to the vet you should get him/her to check it out. Since it doesn't seem to be bothering Scrabble, I wouldn't make a special trip just for that. Your kitty is doing so well! Stu is looking forward to seeing him at the party tomorrow night.

Ella & Stu

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle,

Scrabble is looking so good! It would probably be a quick visit to the Vet for her to examine the bump, and you can show her how great he is doing on the Lantus. It sounds like you will keep worrying about it, too, so why not get it checked out for your peace of mind. Keep us posted and have a nice day.

11. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

+3 59 Thanks for all the suggestions/advice! I will probably call the vet and ask her about it and see what she says. I worry about my boy so much!!! Obviously the bump is not affecting his numbers so that is why I am reluctant to even bring him in, don't want to stress him and drive his numbers up! Anyway I will keep you guys up to date!!!

12. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 3/29 SCRABBLE AMPS 106 +3 59 +4 59

+4 59 , hahaha,surprised he hasn't moved, in the past few days he has hit 59 many times, maybe I need to play that number in the lotto, lol!!!

13. Marvie and Tugger

OK, I grounded them. How are they still communicating? Don't get me wrong, these numbers tickle me pink but honestly, HOW are they doing this!?! Mamabean is confused! confused_cat

I would surely suggest playing that number! Having worked in retail and sold millions of lotto tickets, I am a firm believer in paying attention and playing numbers that show up a lot like that. Might not always work, but I've seen it work enough times to convince me to do it if I notice a pattern. I've only done it a couple of times and once I won $20 and the other time I lost.

14. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

hahaha you are funny Marvie, after I posted his number, I saw your condo and laughed! Guess there is some kind of cat communication going on, hahaha!!!

15. Marvie and Tugger

It's got to be ESP or something because I have both phones right beside me. But wait... maybe not. I left the mini open when I went to bed. I found this when I woke up...

[​IMG]

Maybe Tugger got online last night and talked with Scrabble. Hmmm...

16. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

LOVE the pic, that is soooo cute!!!!!

17. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

oh, nice numbahs.
    That photo is too cute.

18. Marvie and Tugger

I'm pretty sure the gurls were up all night chatting or something ;) They might have been hanging out on Catster checking out hawt guys for all I know. My suspicion is that Tugger managed to sneak on after they passed out, then he and Scrabble plotted. These cats are just too smart for us :lol:

19. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 3/29 SCRABBLE AMPS 106 +3 59 +4 59 +5 65

+5 65 LOL he wants to earn his decrease in 7 days I guess! Probably healthier for him to do it that way anyway right?? Looks like a surfing day, off to Walmart to pick up some strips!

20. Marvie and Tugger

Wanna grab me some too? I'm sure you can shove 'em through the interwebz. I really don't want to have to go out in this yucky rain ;)

21. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

LOL wish I could Marvie, I am hoping they have a bunch in stock because I am going to buy them all since I hate making the trip, the nearest Walmart is about 25 min away and it seems we are going through these strips quick!!

22. Marvie and Tugger

I've gone through two full packages of strips already since I started posting. Just opened number three and that was my reserve pack so it's off to WM for me at some point today too.

23. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow!, Look at those numbers. Way to go, Scrabble!! :RAHCAT

24. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Well still kind of concerned about his lump on his flank because it bled a little, I think because he was licking it. My Mom gave me good advice to put warm compresses on it and it seems to help, then I put neosporin. I have been googling it and what I think happened is it is a blood bruise, I probably hit a capillary or maybe muscle that day and that is why it bruised so bad. I am going to keep an eye on it the next couple of days and if it looks any worse I will take him to the vet. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Anyway, looking forward to his pmps in a little while to see where the boy is at. Went to walmart today and got stocked up on test strips, a new cat scratcher, a new cat toy and I left the store spending $170! I bought a few other things but I am like damn! Anyway see you guys in a bit!

25. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 3/29 SCRABBLE PMPS 122

PMPS 122 his ps #'s have been creeping up a bit, anything to worry about? I know they are still great but just wondering?

26. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 3/29 SCRABBLE PMPS 122 +4 68

+1.5 113
    +4 68
    Looking good, still worried about his sore, he keeps licking it and making it bleed. The vet called me today and wants to see him to check his weight, urine so maybe I will bring him in this week so she can check out his boo boo. I feel so bad when I see it!!

27. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

+7 68 looks like another green surf! Off to bed, see ya in the am!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.