3/29 Shadow AMPS=238, +8=107, PMPS=114

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA), Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

+4=264
    +8=207
    AMPS=238 ~ 1.0u Lev

Yesterday's Condo

Happy boy this morning with lots of purring for the test. They both enjoyed the beef & chicken breffis and licked the bowls clean. Raja began eating w/o the freeze-dried chicken sprinkled on her dish but Shadow stepped aside and pouted until I gave him some. "So glad I started with THAT stuff" she said with sarcasm dripping from every syllable! I stocked up on that product at Petsmart over the weekend so I am rich with freeze-dried chicken treats! :lol:
    When I went to shoot the boy, there he was right on the testing towel, waiting for me! :razz: I am so pleased that he accepts these procedures so well. Raja just giggles at us both from afar...she is so smug.

A rainy day and a Monday here in "sunny" Florida....but with Shadow's yellows, it is bright and cheerful on his SS at least.
    Hope everyone has a great day today, the beginning of Passover....

ETA: Happy Full Moon Eve!!! Please don't forget the fll_moon Full Moon Party tomorrow...we are all excited here. Everyone is welcome so please take the earliest Moonbeam you can catch and come and howl with us, k?
    :dizcat bcatrun_gif

2. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/29 Shadow AMPS=238

Those kits love the freeze dried treats, huh! I had a can of the Sophisticat Supreme Seafood, and surprise, Maggie seemed to like it. She left some of the bulk but was eating most of it. The Sophisticat is juicier, not gravy juice, but just more moist than the others, I believe. Have a good day.

3. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Tugger was very excited when I told him he'd been invited to your Full Moon Party. He's never been to a party so he's a bit nervous but he's looking forward to it! I hope he has fun he's certainly earned a night of partying!

I giggled at Shadow pouting bc you didn't put the special stuff on his food. I've been considering that with Bella, one of the civvies because she's not liking this diet change. I am now reconsidering lol. She does love those freeze dried chicken treats from petsmart though, that's what she was stealing off the counter the other morning :lol: I need to go buy more cuz they all love them. I think they like this stuff more than the fish flakes that has always been their crack in a can. I'm thinking the fish flakes have been replaced with a better variety of crack and I'm going to need a combo lock on the cupboard door if Bella figures out where I've got them hidden.

I've noticed the same thing about the Sophisticat foods being juicier. I think that's why my guys seem to like them. I'm noticing they aren't as fond of the FF stuff unless I add water to make it juicier and warm it up.

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Shad-O! Lookin' good today, man! I'm waiting eagerly for tomorrow's party and will come early to cook up some goodies. Don't know yet what color apron I'll be bringing. Maybe blue, maybe green, maybe yellow. Tell Raja that she can help me in the kitchen.
    Your pal,
    Stu

5. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

nice amps shadow! You are looking good today ... must be gearin' up for that party tomorrow night huh?

6. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Looking very nice today--Pouting Shadow!! So Funny :lol:
    Cant wait for the Party! Moonie is with me cooking tuna tacos for the event--Hope Shadow gives you some nice green today!! :mrgreen:

7. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Ooohh Tacos yummy! I bought stuff today to make Tacos. Spooky's not sure what he should bring (I caught him trying to hide some muffins) and I told him that diabetic kitties shouldn't have those. Maybe he will bring some shrimp cocktails or something. It's a long way so I think maybe he should start tonite so he gets there in time and won't be to "jet lagged". He'll be wearing neon orange (black cats are hard to see at night even with a full moon) so safety first. Socks will probably tag along but he's not really the social type and he hates dogs, so he wants to be sure there will be no droolers allowed.

Hope Shadow gets back quickly from RBC (although it looks like he didn't go to far into the city) in time for the fest!

8. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Pat
    Too bad you have the rain there too. I do not function very
    well in the rain.

Max is very excited for the party tomorrow. He was busy this
    morning planning his route. I think I heard him say he was going to head
    west and pick up the Toronto gang, I know he wants Oliver to meet
    the gang.We are waiting to hear back from Kelly if he will be able to pick
    Logan up on the way.
    Max has promised to take care of him and I know we don't want to disappoint
    Raja.

9. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Randi...if Logan doesn't feel up to coming at all, I think Raja would give up being at the party herself....she would want to go hang out with Logan and make sure he is okay. She did tell me to say that she has a really comfy closet for him to rest in if he thinks he can bear coming. It is very private...it's purrfect!

And Monique, just for the record, there is no drooler in residence here. God forbid! There was one for the holidays but he slept in DD's apartment downstairs. We could never have any parties here at all if there was a drooler around. No pets allowed in this building, BTW. My two are the only ones permitted!

+4-208
    Shadow has been bringing up the grass he eats for a vote this morning. :lol: Or, maybe he is just so excited about the party that he is getting a nervous stomach in anticipation. I think he and Moonie have a new Full Moon dance routine they were hoping to unveil at this party. He is probably nervous about that....

And yes Monique...it is a good idea for all black kitties to wear some sort of bright colors that night...traveling can be tricky for black kitties. Great that you reminded everyone!

10. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/29 Shadow AMPS=238, +4=208

ssshhhhhh don't even mentioned freeze dried treats in my house. I ran out of fresh chicken, so had to give them the freeze dried and sheesh - I was mauled, jumped on, attacked, begged at, patted, bit and almost lost my fingers!

That stuff should be come with a danger sign attached!!!!!

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

"Jellicle Cats come out tonight,
    Jellicle Cats come one come all:
    The Jellicle Moon is shining bright--
    Jellicles come to the Jellicle Ball."

T.S. Eliot, "The Song of the Jellicles", from "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats" . In, T.S. Eliot, "The Complete Poems and Plays: 1909-1950" (New York: Harcourt, 1952), p.154.

Stu particularly likes the 4th stanza of this poem:

"Jellicle Cats are white and black,
    Jellicle Cats are of moderate size;
    Jellicles jump like a jumping-jack,
    Jellicle Cats have moonlit eyes.
    They're quiet enough in the morning hours,
    They're quiet enough in the afternoon,
    Reserving their terpsichorean powers
    To dance by the light of the Jellicle Moon."

Gotta get in the mood for tomorrow night!

Ella & Stu

12. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Ohhh, I keep forgetting to get an order in, for the freeze dry chicken.
    Where do you get SophiCat? Is that the WalMart brand? I live in the sticks and have to either drive an hour to a Petsmart, or order online, which is so much easier.

Checkers is looking forward to the party. He said he'd bring a big jar of dried tuna flakes, but I know he doesn't like them, so isn't he the generous one?

13. Marvie and Tugger

I can picture this because it's what happens here, minus the biting. Echo pops up on his hind legs and pats my leg while Tugger, BB and Tux wind around my other leg singing me songs (off-key, don't let them sing karaoke at the party) and Bella jumps up on the counter and starts reaching out with her claws extended to grab the bag out of my hand. Sometimes I'm tempted to just toss a bunch up in the air and make a run for it bcatrun_gif

14. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

i'm cracking up - toss them up in the air and make a run for it!!!

i can picture that now - and while you do that - before they realize what you did - you will have cats stuck to you as you run through the house. :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Freeze dried treats.. most expensive part of FD.. any time I get Nova's diabetes kit.. everyone comes out of the woodwork.. Hitch starts meowing at me.. "my diebeeteez is low too mommy!".. this morning.. I could have cried.. I tossed the empty bag out in the garbage in the bathroom upstairs.. later on Hitch comes trotting down the stairs, the empty bag in his mouth (he carries things in his mouth a lot).. runs over to me.. drops it on the floor and meows at me (I'm not making this up.. I swear.. I went for the camera but was too slow)..

So what's a mommy supposed to do about cute like THAT? I did the only thing I could.. big round of treats all around.. man I need to go to petsmart again!

16. Marvie and Tugger

Sounds like you heard the message he delivered then :lol: What a smart bean you are. And, seriously? You just can't make this stuff up. These kitties sure do keep us entertained!

I'm seriously getting to the point now where I'm about to tell this crew that if they want freeze dried anything treats, they are going to have to let me stick them with needles too! Last night, final test before I went to bed. I grab the testing basket and head to the bedroom where Tug had already retired for the evening. By the time I got to the door Echo, BB and Bella had beat me there and Tux and Boomer were right behind me as I walked into the room. In case you lost count, that would be five critters more than I actually need to have present. I go to the bed and put the basket down and start the process with the Great Dane drooling like someone turned on a fountain inside his mouth and four cats pacing back and forth impatiently (the girls were very vocal in their demands for me to HURRY UP NAO!) when I finally finished I had to shove five critters back so Tugger could get his treats first since he's the one who earned them. Ever tried to push back a GD and four STARVING TO DEATH (Because it had been at least an hour since I had last given them food) cats with only two arms???

So, Hillary, what you are saying is that I have to make sure the cats SEE me toss the treats before I run for the hills? I'll work on that.

17. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

:lol: We sure do have fun, don't we? What a great time this was~reading everyones' posts...you guys are so great!
    SohpistaCat Supreme is the Petsmart brand....little can like the FF comes in.
    I buy the Prime bites freeze-dried chicken at Petsmart in the doggie treat section. I gave a speech about the merits when I was stocking up the other day and someone casually asked me if my dog liked them. All the ladies gathered around to listen to my little talk.
    I am so happy i found them since my two never really got into treats for testing or anything. They always liked the Temptations that I would ignorantly buy in the past. So I was really looking around for a nice treat for them. I had no idea of the addiction to these...seems a little like what I heard crack was like. LOL. Kitty Krack. Even Raja loves them.

+8=107
    +9=68

I brought His Highness his +89 snack in the computer room where he was napping on the second computer chair. It wasn't until 45 minutes later that I realized that he hadn't eaten any of it at all. Even with the Kitty Krack on top. Hmmmm....I realized that it was FF Mixed grill or whatever it is called...and he did not want it. He was hanging out, acting hungry so i took his number...68. I put more KK on it and he ate some more. Guess I will refrain from serving the FF for awhile. When they get tired of the Sophistacat I will whip it out and try it again.

18. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Re: 3/29 Shadow AMPS=238, +8=107

(((Pat & Shad-O))) :thumbup
    I guess it is Ok to start off Yellow.. when you give us such a nice cycle after! Way 2 go!! Yay! Ready to Par-tay 2morro night? Baby is!!
    Pat... geez.. how very well I know about that freeze dried.. Baby is obsessed & it must be sprinkled on her Raw for her to bless me with eating :lol: Sister Sadi does not like it though :YMSIGH: Wishing you & your furbabies a wonderful evening!!

19. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Nice cycle today, love the 68.
    You are so kind to your kitties with the pampered gourmet foods with sprinkles on top. Sometimes I have trouble with my kitties acting like they don't want a certain flavor or two of the FF and the feeder would have lots of leftover food in it. I would do as you do... change the food or offer some other flavor on top.

Currently my kitties no longer demand the pampered food attention. You know what changed their behavior? Having my exuberant grand-kids (5 and 7 yrs.) over and running around. The cats have to sneak around and eat when the kids are not in the kitchen. I'm too busy and can't watch for what and how much the kitties are eating, therefore cats no longer get food upgrades. After a couple of days, the cats now eat whatever and whenever there is food out. They clean their bowls! I'm sure after the grand-kids go home my kitties will once again rise to their exalted position in the hierarchy and demand the multi-flavored food buffet again. But for now, they are eating for survival and must have decided they can't be picky. I'm LMAO!

20. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Pat,
    I found the Prime Bites freeze dried chicken today at PetSmart. They had a small bag, too. I also sound some freeze dried salmon bites treats which she loves. I bought the Sophisticat Salmon, and so far so good! She still sucks the juice but eats more of this brand than the FF. :YMSIGH:

21. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

AMPS=238
    +4=208
    +8=107
    +9=68
    PMPS=114 ~1.0u Lev

He is thoroughly enjoying the turkey & giblets now. i dumped the half can of FF mixed grill in the garbage from the +8 snack. Will lay off the FF and use the SohpistiCat Supreme from now on. Raja doesn't seem to be as picky or finicky as Shadow is. I worry about him not eating because of the insulin. If he was off that, well, i guess I wouldn't be as fussy with them liking the foods as much.
    Still, I am wondering what changes the Fancy Feast people made to their new varieties. And I am wondering where the food is processed. The label is made in the USA we know...but where does the food come from now? They used to like it very much and now, well, they have been not as enthusiastic about it.

I find that the smaller bags of chicken suit us better. Have to be sure to close the bag properly cause they can get stale. I tried putting them in a container but that didn't work as well as the bag. It never ends, does it? :lol:

fll_moon Party tomorrow...come one...come ALL....let's do some howling!!! The Moon King is not doing his high numbers and his Mama is ready to par-tay! Oh.... :roll: I'm not invited. I forgot. :sad:

22. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

meeeeowtiful pmps Shadow!

You must be terribly excited about the party. Latte is getting a lot of rest in preparation! She is wondering if you have a piano? if not, Logan, do you think a moon beam could carry it to your house for the night so you two could sit under it together? She is debating it because she knows once it leaves the house momma wont let it back in! :lol:

Peacock feathers are packed for lots of tickles, batting, and chewing. :mrgreen:

have a good rest of the night!

23. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

So where do you think Shadow will go with that PMPS?

My guys are happy with the new FF. Go figure.

24. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Shadow is looking great today! :) Buzz has never been to a party and she's nervous like Tigger. Maybe he will hang out with her, at least in the beginning. What time do the festivities begin? Looking forward to it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.