3/29 Tugger PMPS 108 +2 68

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marvie and Tugger, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10447&p=103693#p103693

Fed finally, they were super hungry kitties because it turns out the brat got up and showered etc. so he picked up food at 5:30 (our old +10 before the delayed shots) and I didn't get up till 7:00 which is the current +10 so I couldn't put the food back down when I realized it. Poor babies were deprived of food for 3.5 HOURS OMG lol. Tugger was pretty hungry, followed me around from the time I got out of bed till I finally fed him. Slapping me in the calf, yelling at me in his puny little almost silent meow and running ahead of me if I went anywhere near the kitchen or even looked like I might be heading that direction. At one point, I started walking towards the kitchen just to see him run :twisted: I may have figured out how to exercise my fatcat lol.

D I shot the 1.75 15 mins early as you suggested. I really thought he'd dip again last night but he hovered just a little over that line. Just enough to make me feel like I had to keep checking but never enough to be worth getting excited over. I'm very happy with his response though =) I'll suffer the lack of sleep if he keeps doing this well!

Digest:
    AMPS 93 1.75u given
    +2 93
    +3 103
    +5 108
    +7 103
    +10 88
    PMPS 108
    +2 68

2. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: 3/29 Tugger AMPS 93

As soon as I write this he'll prove me wrong -- don't think you need to worry about Tugger dipping. As usual, can't wait to see today's numbers. Think he might be at a comfy dose now.
    Remember he took more than double this dose, not long ago, and took it in stride.

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS for Tugger. I am not sure what you were talking about with the food...do you feed him within 4 hours of the AMPS normally? I found that if they don't eat during that time right before PS their numbers are lower....

Can Tugger come to our fll_moon Full Moon Party tomorrow? All the kitties are invited and we hope that he can make it....hope you have a great day today!

4. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Hoping Tugger has a good day today :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Tugger's SS is getting greener and greener. And Tugger's bean is getting less and less sleep!

6. Marvie and Tugger

Heh, yeah he does like to try to prove us wrong lol.

I think the food might have carried him through it, it was an unknown for carb content, they didn't finish it all at dinner and there was only a little bit left when the boy picked up the dishes this morning, maybe 1/4 of a can, I put out three 5.5oz cans and not much was gone when I finally went to bed at +5. I also fed Bella a high carb wet food on the counter last night as an experiment because she's turning her pretty little nose up at most of the canned food. I know Bella, BB and Tux can all jump to that counter so they all probably nibbled on that overnight more than the TJ's turkey and giblets that was on the floor so I can probably assume Tug and the kitten ate most of the lc food. It's just a thought, but Tugger is usually pretty good about feeding his lows on his own as long as there's something around to nibble on.

He has a full belly now though! He ate his dish and then went around cleaning up what everyone else left behind. I fed four cans of FF chunky stuff and there's less than one can left on the plates, Bella hasn't been in there to eat but that's because she got forbidden food last night I guess. He's cleaning up and getting settled in the chair now, so I think it's about nap time for him. These past few hours of chasing me around must have worn him right out :lol:

Our usual AM routine, when things are running on the schedule we had in place (till these recent shot delays due to low numbers) the boy would get up and remove the food at +10 so that by the time I get up an hour and a half or so later, I have just enough time to make coffee and get the PS number, feed, shoot if possible and then I can finally drink my coffee. Today, because I forgot to tell the boy that shot time has changed, he did his usual thing of picking up the food that was leftover from last night but he did it at +8.5 so when I got up at my usual time the cats thought I'd feed and stuff, but I had to make them wait because I got up at exactly +10 when the food *should* have been removed instead of getting up just in time for AMPS. Does that make more sense? I'm still sort of brain dead this morning...

7. D and Noisy

Yep, made sense.
    I'm angling for you to shoot 15 minutes early tonight -- we have to see what today brings first.

8. Marvie and Tugger

Awesome =) After this morning, I'm really hoping we can get him back to getting his shots somewhere near 7 or 8:00 before too long. I almost broke myself a few times tripping over cats who thought they were going to DIE of STARVATION lol. I like the way it was working out with the boy taking away the food and me sleeping till it was time to give it back ;) It was safer for my health and well-being :lol: But, as we've learned, we do things on Tugger's schedule not mama's!

9. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Marvie, wow nice amps for Tugger! I think him and Scrabble want off of this stuff!!! Thanks for your input on the bump, I am going to probably call the vet today and ask her about it, see what she says it could be, I am sure she will probably say bring him in so she can get my $$ but we will see! I get the OMG we are starving stare every night when I get home from work since is has usually been 3-4 hours since they ate. I usually stroll in the door a half hour before their feeding and they get so mad during that half hour waiting for me to feed them. I think it is a perfect way to get Tugger to exercise by faking him out! Hahahah! Mine do the same thing, they always think I am heading for the kitchen! Anyway, looking forward to seeing what your day brings!!!

10. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/29 Tugger AMPS 93 +2 93

I didn't know it was good to surf in the rain... seriously though? No change at all? Interesting...

11. D and Noisy

Re: 3/29 Tugger AMPS 93 +2 93

Love, love, love it.

12. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/29 Tugger AMPS 93 +2 93 +3 103

OK, now I'm just confused lol Normally he's turning downward at this point, not moving up. Are we bouncing or am I just looking too hard? I'm still very happy with this number of course =)

13. D and Noisy

looking to hard

14. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey numbers are still good right, Scrabble has had weird cycles himself so I wouldn't worry unless he shoots up a lot! You never know what these cats are up to!!!

15. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Agreed. Staring at BG #s is even worse than staring at the cat trying to figure it out.

16. Marvie and Tugger

OK, good, I will stop looking then lol. Cuz staring at the cat either freaks him out or makes him think I want to feed him or something and I can't figure out if he has a pattern or if he's just a random and arbitrary kitty.

17. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/29 Tugger AMPS 93 +2 93 +3 103 +5 108

Tugger has been a sleepy kitty today. It's rainy and cold so everyone is curled up somewhere sleeping. The dog refuses to get off the couch and I am really afraid his bladder is going to explode any second now because he has not gone out yet today. Not once. The kitties are curled in various corners of chairs and couches all over the house. I'm trying to decide if I should join them or just have coffee and try to get an early night tonight. I should go to the store today and if I nap that is so not happening. On the other paw, it's cold and I really want to go fill up that empty spot in the recliner where the electric blankie is. How badly do I really need to go out? Decisions, decisions.

18. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/29 Tugger AMPS 93 +2 93 +3 103 +5 108 +7 103

Tugger is being such a good boy I gave him a FF Appetizer for his snack at +6. Something has everyone hungry today because they are clearing their dishes every time I put something out. Bella even decided to eat today, ate most of an Appetizer by herself. Till Echo horned in on her dish, but I don't think he got much lol she was chowing fast and she can see the best bits and grab 'em before he sniffs 'em out. It's chilly today, only low 50's and we haven't had central heat since Jan. I refuse to turn the space heaters on again anywhere except in the dog's room, where they can all go hang out in the warm if they want. I wonder if the temperature drop is what's making them so hungry today, burning more calories to stay warm? Tugger's staying warm enough, I haven't had to use the sock on his ears much at all, but he's got a pretty thick layer of insulation ;-)

19. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh my, wouldja look at those beautiful numbers!!
    I've got to buy some of those FF appetizers. Checks doesn't get enthusiastic about any kind of food, except people tuna. He gets bits of that, after ear pricks. He's starting to pull away from me to jump down from testing table, to get to the kitchen for "TUNAAAAAAA". Yesterday, he pulled and the lancet was still stuck in his ear. Oy Vey!
    Are the appetizers on Janet's list?

20. Marvie and Tugger

LOL That's some pretty powerful tuna!

I haven't seen the appetizers on the list. Here's what the ingredients are in the ones I fed today:

Flaked Skipjack Tuna in a Delicate Broth

Crude Protien (min) 12%, Crude Fat (min) .3%, Crude Fiber (min) .5% Moisture (max) 85%

Skipjack tuna, water, xantham gum, guar gum, sodium nitrate (to maintain color)

I've seen xantham and guar gum on the FF labels that are ok to feed and the juice is not gravy so I figured they were ok to feed. I note on his SS when I feed them and I haven't noticed that they send his number up. I fed it between +5 and +7 today. I wish I knew the carb % though because I like having that noted so I can see how he responds to different levels of carbs. Based on what I've seen of him so far, I'd put it between 0-3% or so but that's an uneducated guess based only on a short time of actually paying attention and we all know Tugger likes to prove me wrong :lol:

21. D and Noisy

What is his snack schedule from here to PMBG? Do you need more than 45 minutes to get back on schedule?

My cats all eat more on cold rainy days.

22. Marvie and Tugger

There's some food on the dishes right now but everyone is sleeping, +10 when I take the food away is only an hour and a half away, so it's unlikely he'll eat again if I stay out of the kitchen. If I start dinner before +10, he'd show up and eat though. He always wants to eat if there's a bean in the kitchen :lol: I'm not ready to cook yet, so... it's doubtful he'll eat before shot time.

23. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

That is just a gorgeous day of numbers for Tugger. :smile:
    I find myself eating later and later, for the same reasom. If I'm in the kitchen, so are Checkers and his little brother.
    I'm cooking fish for myself tonite, so he will be under my feet....or on the table, staring at me.
    He gets shot at 7:30....I'm not used to eating......or messing up the kitchen, that late.
    Gonna look at the appetizers for a non-fish one that he likes. They ain't cheap, so if he doesn't like any, his little piggy brother better.
    I got little piggy from the SPCA last summer, and he still tries to cover his food. Poor little thing, still doesn't trust there will always be food for him. :cry:

24. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Tugger has beautiful numbers today....very nice! :thumbup
    Loved your story in Shadow's condo about last night's testing episode with all the starving kitties and drooler looking for their treats. :lol: Tugger is paying for eveyone's treats with his blood,eh? :lol:

25. Marvie and Tugger

I also find that when the days are long we eat later in the evening. I often don't even think about dinner till it starts to get dark, which is great in the winter because we eat at a decent hour. But in July we're often eating at 10pm lol.

Tugger is doing VERY well, wow I just got his +10 and he's at 88. He's been sleeping in the bedroom for the past couple of hours, which means he's very unhappy to have come out to find I had just picked up the food dishes till PMPS. He got some turkey jerky after his test so I'm pretty sure he'll survive the next hour and 40 minutes till dinner ;-)

26. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Re: 3/29 Tugger AMPS 93 +2 93 +3 103 +5 108 +7 103 +10 88

What gorgeous numbers! An exeptional day for the Tugger-man.

B&H

27. D and Noisy

+10 88 -- thought his snackies were messing, ever so slightly, with the numbahs.
    I can't stay on too long now -- what time EST is his shot tonight if you do it 15 minutes early.

28. Marvie and Tugger

Sorry, I wasn't online at 800. If I do it 15 mins early it would be 845

29. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/29 Tugger PMPS 108

108 at 8:40

30. D and Noisy

Perfect, hoot 15 minutes early

31. Marvie and Tugger

Shooting 1.75 right now =)

32. D and Noisy

15 point variance all day -- he's got to feel good.

33. Marvie and Tugger

He's been sleeping a lot but I think that was more the weather. When he's been up he's been alert and frisky =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.