3/29 Willow AMPS~254, +3~100, +4~86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Complick8d, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

But what beautiful numbers he has today!

3. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

I agree.. great #s today! Way 2 Go Willow!! :thumbup
    Jordan.. what are you doing to help him with eating? Is it the food? The medication, etc? What do you think? Is there anything he will eat? Not eating is not good & it can go bad quickly.. I am sure you know that though.. I am just worried about him!

4. Complick8d

Oh ya, we definitely know. After he was diagnosed and spent all that time in the hospital with DKA, we battled with eating issues for weeks, so I spent a lot of time syringe feeding. After I get his +5 in a few minutes, I'm heading out to get some different foods. He is eating some... well, more like nibbling. This started after the vet visit when he got a b12 injection. I can't find anything in my research that says this is a side effect, so I don't know what his problem is.

5. Nicole & Baby

Good job.. momma!! Hopefully he likes some new food you pick out :thumbup
    Maybe someone over in health will know if this is a side effect? I am sooooo proud of him!! Baby is looking forward to seeing him at the par-tay 2morro night!! party_cat

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Willow will eat the new food you get....we are having everyone here for the full moon party and we really want Willow to make it. There will be dancing and laughing and howling at the fll_moon of course! It might be just the thing to cheer him up! Hope Willow feels better soon......

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Have you tried all of the usual tricks? FortiFlora, parmesan cheese, chicken, tuna/bonito flakes, etc.

8. Complick8d

Re: 3/29 Willow PMPS~207

AMPS~254
    +3~100
    +4~86
    +5~96
    +10~115
    PMPS~207

We're at +1 now and I will be testing him again soon since his preshot was on the lower side for him.

He finally ate over half of can of FF at PM shot time, so I gave him his full dose. In my trial and error, I've realized that I'm screwed if he stops eating totally, and we'll have to once again go the syringe feeding route. He doesn't seem to like anything but FF and he doesn't fall for the normal tricks of getting a cat to eat... he doesn't like treats, parmesan, he's not a fan of people food (I got him to give one lick to tuna juice, but that was it... and when the actually tuna was offered, he turned his nose up and walked away), and I'm not sure where to get Foritflora or bonito flakes. I use to be able to add a little catnip to his food to entice him, but that doesn't work anymore.

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

come on, Willow, eat!

The numbers are nice, but you have to eat.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Fortiflora can be ordered on-line. Check Amazon or PetFood Direct. Petco carries tuna flakes. I've actually found them much cheaper at Asian markets. Bonito flakes are used as a soup base.

11. Nicole & Baby

I have also got Fortiflora from a local vet - I went to Purina's website - typed in my zipcode & found a handful that sold it. $1.00 per pack & well worth it.

12. Complick8d

PMPS~207
    +1~247
    +3~177

AND he ate some more. Has almost finished the can of FF put down for him at PM shot. Hopefully he continues eating. Will get a +4.

13. Complick8d

PMPS~207
    +4~230

He finished a can of food over the last 4 hours, so I'm happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.