3/30/10 Gracie AMPS 280

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele & Gracie, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele & Gracie

Michele & Gracie Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10529

Good Afternoon All-

Sorry I'm late, work's been crazy busy all morning. Is it too late to for Gracie to join Pat, Shadoe & Raja's condo party?

We have some new (better) numbers for Gracie, now that I’ve backed off…

3/29/10 AM Pre-Shot: 228: ~ 1.5 units Lantus given
    PM Pre-Shot: 309: ~ 1.5 units Lantus given
    Recheck at Dosage + 5 Hours: 145
    Recheck at dosage + 8: 188

Eating and drinking well. Using litter box normally with normal amounts of urine & fecal matter
    Increased appetite: 1 can Fancy Feast (FF) given at AM, 1 at PM, and another at 8pm. Some dry DM given as “Treat” at 11PM & 2AM checks

3/30/10: AM Pre-Shot: 280 ~1.5 units Lantus given

Hairball hacked up about 5:45 this morning. Reduced appetite from yesterday. Given 1 can FF and only ate about ¼. Gave 2 Tablespoons dry DM with FF and left separated from other cats to finish eating She was eating when I left. She is usually a slow eater any way. Mike will check her food intake at lunch time and release her to general population.

I'm going to do the 3 & 5 hour interval testing this evening to see if we can pin down the nadir.

Oh!! And Girly Girl was feeling well enough to play last night too!! :D

Ugh! Gotta get back to work...

Thanks again everyone!!

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

not a bad amps gracie! Sorry to hear about the hairball, but sometimes once that's out, numbers look better ...

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Some very nice numbers last night and a good start to today. Don't be upset if you see higher numbers later today -- Gracie may bounce from last night's blues.

Is there any possibility of getting rid of the dry DM? I know it's not awful when it comes to carbs. What I would suggest is that you read the ingredients. They are awful - it's composed of mostly by-products. If you've not seen the website by Lisa Pieron, DVM [/url=http://www.catinfo.org/]feline nutrition[/url], it's worth reading for her commentary about dry food as well as for the nutritional content of any cat foods.

4. Michele & Gracie

Michele & Gracie Member

Thank you for the encouragement.

I know that the dry is the equivilent of feeding PopTarts for dinner, but she is gauranteed to eat it. She had only eaten 1/4 of her wet this morning before I had to leave and I wanted to ensure she got enough of SOMETHING to cover the shot.

The other side of it too is that she dropped 1/3 of her body weight and she wasn't overweight to begin with, so the vet wants me to put some groceries on her as well. Silly girl has always eaten like a supermodel, but she's looking like Alley McBeal towards the end of the series. :)

5. Michele & Gracie

Michele & Gracie Member

Something Learned!

I had no idea that when testing, just because there is enough blood to start the meter, it doesn't necesarilly mean that there is enough blood to actually test! ohmygod_smile Who knew??

I thought I was going to get an error read because there didn't seem to be enough blood, but it went through the cycle and read 128. JOY!! but thought better of it rather than miss another dose and rechecked in the other ear. Got a much better sample and read 264. Not bad! But not as good as before. Decided to check the first ear again...Just in case, and it was indeed 264. (small happy dance).

Also learned that if Gracie isn't in the mood to clean her plate, if I play with her "between courses", she will then finish her dinner! Again, who knew? lol...

Have a good evening all-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.