3/30 Checkers amps/234 +2.5/112

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Barb & Checkers (GA), Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10562

I really have to stop stressing over PS numbers. I keep second guessing myself about shaving dose. Not that
    a shave from .75 to f.5 is much of a shave...only in my eyes.
    The stress of potential car buying is making me crazy. What causes more stress, car buying, or sugar kitty? :roll:

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

checkers numbers are looking good .. don't stress! Someone told me that usually the amps numbers are the last to come down, something about the dawn effect?

We just went through a used car buying process. We about pulled our hair out! Thought we got a good deal, but since then their has been a coolant leak .. the brake lines rusted out .. the back brake caliper(?) froze up ... We have had the car for just over 1 month, and today is the 11th day we have been able to drive it. How sad is that?

3. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Devon, that's terrible! I had problems from the beginning with the '02' Focus I bought only 2 years old! I didn't know at the time it had really bad reviews. A friend's hubby works for a dealer who is recommending another brand small car, (don't know if I can mention brands on here, altho I just did)....but it gets even worse reviews.
    I want to stick to a small car, but live in the sticks with only 2 dealers nearby, and neither has great reviewed small cars.
    My DD is a RN and explained the dawn phenom. to me, 'cause it's the same in humans, but it doesn't stick in my brain. I see high numbers and worry that I did something wrong. *sigh*

4. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Relax...it will be okay. Good luck on the car buying. You will slowly develop your "Ballz of Steel" and shoot those lower numbers. :lol:

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Barb --

Do you remember "biorhythms?" The basic idea is that our bodies go through natural, daily cycles. Those cycles are based on hormones and their fluctuations. The "dawn effect" is one of those rhythms. Cortisol, a steroid hormone, is released as a means of the body's way of preparing itself for the stress of the upcoming day. Because steroids raise BG levels, the AMPS is often the last number to come down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.