3.30 Feeburt AMPS 383 pmps 288

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shelly and Spaceman, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelly and Spaceman

Shelly and Spaceman Member

Again, It's been a little while since I've posted. Been very busy and was out of town all weekend. So Feeburt is up to 9U bid and his blood work has been sent to MSU. Anyway, that's what is going on with us. Just livin' the dream. Feeburt seems to feel fine. Oh...he does have pancreatitis but shows no signs of feeling bad.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3.30 Feeburt AMPS 383

I wondered where you guys went!

Please keep an eye on Feeburt if he has pancreatitis. Did you get an fPLI run? Or how did you know? You might want to consider some Pepsid as a prophylactic measure.

If you've never seen it, this is a link to a post that Jojo wrote about pancreatitis.

When do you get your test results back? Friday?

3. Shelly and Spaceman

Re: 3.30 Feeburt AMPS 383

I don't really know when I ge the results back. Good question. I've been insanely busy and I don't know when it will end. I miss being an outside sales rep where I decided how to spend my days. My job is kind of taking over my life. Not happy about that right now :twisted: Anyway. I will keep an eye on him. He's sitting right here by me purring and showing off the big shaved patch on his neck. He's a happy boy.

4. Shelly and Spaceman

Woo Hoo!!! 288! It's sad the things I get excited about!

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Shelly:

From what others who have had these tests run by MSU, you can get results on Friday. Call you vet on Thursday and ask them to follow up to get the results either by phone or fax on Friday.

6. Shelly and Spaceman

I'll call her. What do you do if the results are positive for either? I don't think we will be able to afford the SRS. So don't we just keep giving more and more insulin? Does anyone have any info for the new test study? I know I am putting the cart before the horse but I just kind of have a feeling about this. Hope I'm wrong.

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Did Heather/Boo stop by your condo? If not, let me see if she's around or if Carolyn/Spot are around. There is also a High Dose ISG. If you click on the link for the Insulin Support Groups (ISG) above, you'll get the list of insulin-related forums. The High Dose group is one place where the acro and IAA moms hang out. LL is busier and there's overlap between forums.

8. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Hey Shelly,

Hang in there. Ask your vet to call MSU on Friday around lunchtime and if the results are not back yet, have her call again before closing. I believe they can e-mail a PDF document w/ the results. They might say they are not finalized, that they still need interpreted...you don't need the interpretation, you need the numbers. When you get the results, even if you just get the numbers, post here - I"ll watch for you on Friday; hopefully others will as well.

We've already discussed the three options for treatment. When you get your results, you can contact Dr. Lunn to get additional information. The tumor is slow-growing - you have time to research and explore your options.

Attached Files:

9. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Shelly :)

No need to do anything right away.. a positive test just allows you to become even more freely aggressive with treatment. Glad to hear you had the bloodwork done, I know it's scary, but life will not change much if one comes back positive. :) He's still the sweet boy he was before the test came back. I'll be back on Friday and I'll be cheering you on over at FB too. Hang in there, the waiting is the hardest part. (((Hugs)))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.