3/30- Hank AMPS- 85, PMPS- 76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bettyandhank, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10552 yesterday

AMPS- 85. I prefer them slightly lower.

Gave 'essence of Insulin' with bubbles/ drop. he didn't scream like last night, so that's good.

Go back to the 70's please.

Yay for Smokey OTJ trial Day 1! - you have no condo so I have to cheer for you here.

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 3/30- Hank AMPS- 85

amps 85 is a great number!

3. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

85s a beautiful AMPS hank :mrgreen: Not too high, not too low, a great way to start the day.

4. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Another great BG number for Hank. (and no screaming, that's good! :lol: )

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

nice number. :smile:

I'm interested to see your PMPS, and maybe a +2 or +3 tonight, can you do that? I'm not sure what time schedule you're on these days, hopefully that's not ridiculously late.

6. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

looking good today Hank!!!! Hope you come to the party tonight, Scrabble is going to be wearing green too, his fave color! You are getting close Betty!!!!!!!!

7. bettyandhank

Hey Everybody-

I was out this afternoon and got back in not long ago...so no mid-day test.

His PMPS is great.

Noticed he seemed to drink more water today...not over the top as I can tell (but I was gone alot)..but a couple times first thing out of bed. Then just awhile ago right after i got in, then just now again. Makes me a little ootchy. He may be fine...I'll just keep an eye out. he otherwise seems great, playful, content.

Libby, I can maybe get a +1 1/2, but don't think we'll be up much past that. It's been a long day. With this teensy amount, I feel like it isn't really telltale at that point anymore. Seems to take awhile longer to do anything. if not tonight, I can try to get a +2 or +3 after his am shot though.
    For all I know, he's already on the wagon.

Thanks for coming to see us!

8. CD and BigMac

Lovely. Almost done here! 6 days on this last dose and all greens.
    Hank seems to be one of the fortunate ones and soon will have no more pokey shots. Yeah!

9. bettyandhank

Hey there. thought we were alone on the board. Where you getting 6 days from? I really did shave the dose form the .01. I think you are going to come over and drag the juice away LOL I really am more and more getting there. I think he'll be ready soon. Just too often seeing people say to not rush it, stay as long as you can on the microdoses, more support, etc..
    Checked & many are on this last step 2-3 weeks or more. (lucy, spot, just glanced at so recall that one). We're getting there. At this last reduction, I've wondered half the time if he wasn't on his own part of the time anyway.

It's funny now that I see the 50-80 as the norm, that in the mid-high 80's he seems on the high side. i do think maybe his set point is higher than some of these OTJ kitties i see who seems to run in the 50's-70's.

We really are getting there, I promise. He doesn't have to show me big drama to convince me. I just want him really, really prepared.
    I need to try and get some mid-point checks done these next couple days to see what if anything is going on. He's been pretty dullsville the last few days...so haven't seen much in the ones i have done. he just coasts along.

B&H

10. CD and BigMac

Yeah, I know what you mean about higher 'normal'. BigMac never ran in the 50's and his normal is in the 80's so I don't stress about it at all.

The 6 days... I was counting from the 0.1unit dose ... I didn't think there is much difference between that and the "drop" of insulin that you are recording on your SS. If you want to say it's only been 4 days, I understand, but usually the 0.1 (or less) is considered the last measurable dose. So that makes it 6 and a half days. :lol:

Anyhoooo, you know your kitty the best and if you want to go along a little longer you can, as long as he isn't dropping too low during the middle of the cycle. He won't get into trouble on this little bit of insulin, but there does come a time when he can do it all by himself. The kitties that you mentioned (Lucy, Spot) were on insulin for much longer times than Hank and they needed to ease out slower. Hank probably needs less healing time for his pancreas.

Ni ni time for me!

11. bettyandhank

BTW, don't know wherelese to say it. ...but LOVED, LOVED , LOVED Big Mac's photo with his cape. TOO ADorable, that boo-boo bear baby boy.

(and he's so petite!) Did I mention my sister had maine coons?

i'm heading there myself...half asleep up here- lead lids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.