3/30 Logan AMPS 289

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly & Logan, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10528

Logan isn't eating much, at all. We gave him the cerenia and the stimulant last night and he ate a little. He woke us up around midnight and around 2 am, but wouldn't eat. I've opened pretty much every brand/flavor of catfood in our house and he won't eat any of it. He wouldn't even eat the dry core/baby food mix this morning. I finally got him to eat a tuna appetizer. I'm really worried about him. I left his internist a voicemail this morning so hopefully, she will call back soon.

I was up with him for well over an hour this morning when I got up at 2am. I ended up just laying on the floor bawling my eyes out. I'm so discouraged and frustrated. I just don't know what else to do. I don't have high hopes that his internist will have any great ideas but maybe she'll surprise me for once.

We've come so far and been through so much. Why can't he catch a break?

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

His AMPS are lower i supposed cause he isn't eating so much. Gee. I am so sorry Kelly. Your cry this morning was a good release but I guess it is just a symptom of how horrible you feel. To see him not eating is so upsetting to say the least.
    You are right...you have been through a lot...and the little guy deserves to get a big break here...hoping for a wonderful idea from the vet. I am sending eating urges vines to Logan now and sending hugs to you both across the miles....we are pulling for you and hope that whatever it is will stop bugging him so he will get back to eating...
    (((((Kelly & Logan)))))

Have you ever tried the petsmart SophistaCat Supreme in the little cans? Just a suggestion...my two are eating that now and seem to love it. Just a thought....but really, maybe it isn't the food itself but the idea of eating that is keeping him from trying anything. He is just upset somehow and can't handle eating so well. Is he hiding in his closet or is he out and about? How is he acting otherwise?

3. Kelly & Logan

Yeah, I think he's lower b/c he hasn't eaten much. I'm a little worried he may drop since he didn't eat much this morning. But, DH2B gave him his shot before I had a chance to think about it. One of us will go home at lunch to get a test and see if he'll eat. I went ahead and gave him some metoclopramide this morning to see if maybe it would help w/the cerenia in his system.

I think he just feels like crap and therefore doesn't want to eat. I did buy some of the sophisticat this past weekend. He won't eat any of it.

He hid in the closet after his insulin shot last night. I had to crawl under clothes to give him the cerenia. He came out about 20 min after the cerenia shot. He was out for the rest of the evening. I don't think he slept much. He appeared to be a little high strung. The cerenia perhaps? This morning, he was out in the kitchen/dining room. He eventually made his way to the closet for a while. I had to pill him in there - pred/metoclopramide. But, he had just come back out when I was walking out the door. Dh2B was going to see if he'd eat a little more.

He's alert but a little on edge. Again, I can't tell if it's the drugs making him feel that way or not. I just feel like giving up. Nothing seems to work and I feel like I have no where to go for answers. No one seems to be able to help us.

4. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Kelly))) I am just so worried and heartsick for you and Logan. I know he can fight his way out of this. I posted yesterday about using Dex injections. I don't know if this is an option for Logan at all. Ondansetron may be more effective than Metocloprimide. I don't know about Cerenia side effects, but Bear used to take Metocloprimide, but eventually stopped it because of the restlessness side effects. Is the vet sure that his infection is all cleared up? I think so often about you guys, and wish there were more I could do to help.

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

((Kelly))
    Tears came to my eyes this morning readingb about your
    heartbreak with Logan.
    You all have been through so much together and I feel your sorrow.
    Logan has proven to be a fighter and I pray he starts eating soon.
    Max was really looking forward to bringing him to the party later.
    Sending feel better and eating vines to Logan, okay.
    :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Praying that something will come along...some idea of something to try. It is so frustrating and you have been so busy with all of this for so long....I know that you feel helpless and hopeless. That is normal. But I know you won't give up. We are praying for you and keeping you in our thoughts....and doing the same for your boy....sweet Logan....Feel better Logan!!

7. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

No good ideas for you unfortunately... just know you're doing all you can, and there are others out there who feel your pain and empathize with your frustration. I hope you guys turn the corner soon. Maybe it's time for an outside opinion... I know you thought about a consult with Dr. Lisa at one point. But all these drugs and esp. switching around can't be good for Logan either.

8. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

*skritches* for Logan and {{{Hugs}}} for Kelly...I'm sorry. This must suck. Not knowing why something is going on is so frustrating.

I find that my kitties who are on food strike usually can't turn down the appetizers. It's good that he ate some of that, I'd keep trying them. Something is better than nothing right? Is he interested in treats at all right now? Sometimes the stinkiest stuff is what will stimulate that appetite when nothing else will. Heck, even catnip might stimulate his appetite... it does with my guys. He might not feel well enough to even mess with that though. Poor guy. I'll ask Tugger to share some of his hungry vines with Logan... *whispers* Tug could stand to share a bit.

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Kelly & Logan, We're sending healing thoughts your way. Time often heals, and cats are remarkable for being able to do what needs to be done to help themselves feel better and get better. Logan may be working right now to get himself better. He knows that he has you to help. Have a good night and when tomorrow morning comes, Logan may find a bit of appetite. Hugs to you and to brave Logan! :YMHUG:

Ella & Stu

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((Kelly)))) I wish I had some answers, but all I have to send are feel better vines for Logan and stay strong vines for you. I hope an answer will come along for you.

11. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

(((Kelly and Logan)))
    I'm sending feel better and eat more vines out to Logan. And smart and wise vines to his internist.

12. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Hoping and praying for your sweet boy. I'm sure you've tried everything you can think of but does he like poached chicken? Even deli meat, if he would eat it, would be something. Please eat, Logan.

13. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I wish I could help you, but I can't - all of this is so way out of my league, and my knowledge base. But I do read your posts every day, and I do know that you are the best caregiver/mama bean any kitty coold hope for. I know too that you will not give up, I feel that it is in your nature. Logan amazes me - he is such a fighter - I have no doubts that he will get through this one too. Keep the faith, and continue to do what you do. Logan knows you are doing your best for him.

Take care. Mannie and I send many positive thoughts and hopes for you and Logan.

14. Kelly & Logan

Re: 3/30 Logan AMPS 289, +299, PMPS 309

Logan has eaten a little this evening. He's eaten a FF appetizer, some Whiskas and some dry core mixed with baby food. I finally spoke to his internist after calling about 10 times. She doesn't think it's the Leukeran but the IBD flaring up - and I agree with that. He's had diarrhea the last few days and the fussies began before the Leukeran. Even though she doesn't think it's the Leukeran, she said to not give it to him tomorrow. I gave him another Cerenia shot tonight and we'll see how he's doing tomorrow. I picked up some Anzemet to give him tomorrow if he's still feeling nauseous. She wants to give the Cerenia another day to see if it will help.

We talked about steroid injections but she's afraid to give him the injection since he's so insulin resistant with the pred. We may end up increasing his pred this week to see if that will get the flare up under control. Her goal is to get him feeling well and eating well before we attempt the Leukeran again. She would like to get him off of the pred eventually, but right now we probably need to go up with the dose and just increase the insulin to work around the resistance.

15. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm so glad he has eaten tonight. I hope he feels better with food and wants to eat some more.

16. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

I'm so sorry Logan is still not feeling well...sending lots of positive vines and snowflakes.

Kelly and Logan)))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.