3/30 Paul-Kyle ( Sheila)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melissa&Paul-Kyle, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melissa&Paul-Kyle

Melissa&Paul-Kyle Well-Known Member

Sheila said: OK - read that. Yes, numbers are looking better - finally. The dose increase seems to be working better. In fact, it has been making me wonder if PK needs an increase - I know, I know... not what I have been saying. I have to look at PK's numbers. Have you updated his SS yet? (hint, hint).

I won't be raising PK's dose at least until I have an opportunity to do a curve.

I am content with the PS's he is getting, which are also his peak numbers. It is possible he is going higher in the day - even low 300's, however he is acting great, looking great and I am content with his numbers.

He doesn't seem to drink much, though I do see him at the water dish maybe every 3 or so days, but the levels don't seem to go down much- even with 2 CRF kitties in the house!

He doesn't get a choice with food, I serve 2.4 ozs to him twice a day- we are slowly working down the weight...just 1/2 to 1 pound more and I think we will be good to go. ( someone asked his weight- will get that soon)

No- I have not updated SS and likley will not. His PS's are all I have gotten for weeks and they are seriously boring- 150's to 250's....period.

It has been too long to go backward and update the whole thing, but if I get time I may pull the last week or so up and try to keep it updated from there. Numbers are stored on another meter if I need them.

In any case, about dose raising, I really don't feel positive about doing that- I may need a curve to tell me otherwise....we have just already been to the UP doses and we get vetsulin curves- way high to way low in one cycle, then a series of way too high numbers...and PK doesn't act well with those curves...He seems to do so much better with the shallow higher curve.

I think somewhere someone metioned to me to go back to all raw with him- he eats 40% Special Kitty w/ 60% raw ( Dr. Lisa's recipe)...well- he doesn't care for just the raw, although being the great eater he is, he would eat it, but he curls his lips and takes a long time- clearly not enjoying it.

he inhales the SK/raw mix....anyway, I still have about 20 POUNDS made in the freezer and he is the only one eating it right now, so I won't be making a new batch any time soon.

Don't mean to poo-poo all the advice...I am really burned out with keeping up with all the animals stuff right now- DebraAnne with the seizures, both Deb and Sue with the CRF and Deb getting fluids, ShoutAnthony and his high PH getting Vit C and looking for a new diet, Shout's "fits" of unexplained pain, worm treatments shooting in the dark for "cures", Caleb Luis's constant neurosis.... and the vet bills...OMG the amount on my credit card I can't even look at...I just send payments and pray for work! ( and there ARE lots of calls soming in, so that is good!)

.... anyway, I just need something to be status quo and okay- PK is it. So, no dose changes right now while getting good PS's...might work a curve this weekend...

I appreciate your suggestions- I do.... the funk I am in with the animals- my "kids", is one reason I haven't been posting about PK...just don't want to rock the boat- ya know?

2. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

however he is acting great, looking great and I am content with his numbers.

This statement of yours speaks volumes!!

Molly and P-K's numbers are very similiar and like you, i couldn't be happier. She is maintaining consistency (no hard peaks or valleys) and she is happy. For us, it's not about remission - we were there and i don't think that's possible for us again.

I commend you for your attitude. There was a time when you were not able to go with the flow in regard to his numbers - i say 'You've come a long way baby :thumbup

I am very sorry to hear of all the health issues your other babies are experiencing. You know us, we're a family here, please feel free to post about them as well - we all want to hear how they're doing.

Would love to hear more about P-K's diet. As you know, poor Molly is as fat as a house! Happy but fat. Well done on the weight loss program - he would thank you if he could.

3. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

I understand, Melissa. You spent so much time agonizing over his numbers before, that is why I made the suggestion.

I know you are dealing with a lot right now - and doing it well, BTW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.