3/31 Max AMPS 88~+3 53~+6 89~PMPS 89

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Randi & Max (GA), Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Good Morning
    Max shocked me with the lowest PS today.
    After I stood there stunned I needed to decide what to do.
    There really was no one on the board this morning so I decided to take
    another drop off the .25. What I have been doing is measure to .5 mark and
    take 2 drops off so today I took off 3.
    I think there is normally about 6 drops between the .5 and zero.
    The plunger would normally have a tiny amount of light under the zero line and today
    it was just barely at the zero mark.
    I hope I did the right thing as I was not sure when DH would be leaving
    this morning and DPS comes in only after +3.

WCR: Last night Max jumped onto my lap to watch tv with me, I just love that.
    This morning he ate his breffis in the kitchen with his sisters, okay I carried him there
    and then settled back into his catbed.

He told me he had an amazing time at the party yesterday and was so happy to see his
    old friends and to finnaly meet some of his new ones.

Anyone with suggestions on where to go with this dose would be helpful.
    Thanks and have a great day.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/31 Max AMPS 88

I thought I was here when you posted! Oh well... You did fine.

I would hold this dose. I know you know this but it's too early in the cycle to anticipate what will be going on at PMPS. It may be that Max is wanting a decrease soon or you're going to use the part of the protocol that allows you to decrease after a week of numbers that are, overall, in the green. I'd like to see more green PS numbers, though.

3. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

I'll bump for you--I don't know what to do with the dose for you anymore than I know what to do with my own Mad Max. :mrgreen: It sounds like you did the right thing to me...but I think I'm too new to be giving dose advice.

Instead of watching tv with me last night, when I wasn't testing him and trying to get him to eat more, my Max was sitting in my lap trying to kill his own tail. :lol: He's been doing that since he was a kitten, and is a sure sign he's feeling good. It's hysterical to watch because he'll be lying there all cuddly and cool, but suddenly he'll see his own tail flick, and then he goes into attack mode. He'll catch it, then bite it, and try to kill it, but eventually he'll realize it's attached to him and he'll start licking it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Sienne-the AMPS was at 7:00am and I had to get myself ready for work and dd driven to school and make lunches...so I had barely time this morning. I only posted when I got to the office which was about an hour ago. At 7 there was no one here. I came running to check in the linted time I had. :D
    I know it is early in the day and I agree with you that I would like to see more PS green
    numbers.So when you say hold the dose do you mean the .25 (2 drops off the .5 or a little less to take off 3 drops like I did this morning)
    The worst is tonight DH will be doing test and shot as I will be out at that time.

5. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Randi....a lot of times I don't post Putty's numbers early in the morning but I always look to see if anyone needs help.
    Did you have the words help with dosing or anything like that in your subject line? I may have missed your post but generally I am check in from
    6 am on. :mrgreen:

6. Randi & Max (GA)

I came looking for you Miriam cuz I know you, Michelle and myself are always there at that time. :lol: :lol:
    But you are right, I just looked for Puttys' condo and not at the bottom to see who was online. My bad, I thought of posting quickly, with a help, but to be honest, I was running
    on a very tight schedule. I know wait, test 15, see if rising....I just could not do it today.
    Max is not alone today and I was not that freaked out when we are talking about a couple
    of drops of insulin. Just mildly freaked out.

7. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Looking great, Max! How sweet of him to sit in your lap last night. That's one of the things I miss most with Logan. Before, he would be in my lap the second I sat down. He would trample over anything in his path to get to me. I've even had him sit on Morgan who was already sitting in my lap. He always came running to get between me and DH2B and look at him like "she's mine, back off!". Maybe he'll come back to me soon.

8. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Randi I don't think I have my setting to show I am on line but feel free to send me a pm that way if I miss your condo I always look to see if I have a message.
    I know there are only a few of us on early in the morning which is why I try to check the board at that time. I am sorry if I missed you post and I know that some people only have a short window from testing and work schedules.

9. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 3/31 Max AMPS 88~+3 53

WOW Another fabulous number for the Maxie!!! What an amazing time for you...
    That Max is excelling in LTS!! Moonie had a great time with Max & all the kitties...
    Hope your new dose does the trick :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

10. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/31 Max AMPS 88~+3 53

Yay for Max, look at him go! That is soooo awesome Randi, he is full of some wonderful surprises for you lately! He must have had a blast at the party last night, Scrabble is all tuckered out this morning!!!

11. Randi & Max (GA)

Re: 3/31 Max AMPS 88~+3 53~+6 89

Max must have had some crazy time last night.
    His numbers are so wierd today.
    Not loving that 89 at +6,
    Guess we wlll see how long he can hold this out.
    I think I might tell DH to put that drop back in tonight. I won't be gone long
    in case he needs to be monitored I just won't be there for the test & shoot. :?

12. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Is an 89 bad? I wonder if he'll level out a bit for the remainder of this cycle. I would be more worried that by putting the drop back in, he'll drop below 50...

13. Randi & Max (GA)

Mindy, an 89 is not bad at all. It just does not give us a lots of wiggle room for the next
    PS number when I am trying to keep his numbers in the green.
    I also don't like to give Max "unearned decreases" like I did with the drop less today.
    I am a stickler for the protocol, althugh anyone who has been follwoing Max's journey will know he has kind of made up his own.
    Max dropping below 50 does not scare me anymore like it used to (you'll see too)
    as long as I know I can be around to monitor it. This is how you learn when
    to adjust the dose. Today I thought Max was going to be alone until +4, when he
    normally dips, and that worried me.

14. Randi & Max (GA)

Re: 3/31 Max AMPS 88~+3 53~+6 89~+10 89 PM Dose Advice

Max is actually doing very well hanging out at these numbers.
    DPS told me that he was very active today, walking around a lot
    and when I got home he was lying in the kitchen, on his food mat,
    even though he had been fed.

I will not be home for test and shoot, DH will be doing it and I want to be
    able to tell him what to do.
    This morning I took an extra drop off his .25.

I am thinking if Max PMPS # is over 100, keep the .25 (release 2 drops from the .5)
    and if he is under 100 release 3 drops from the .5?

Not sure what I should do. I won't be out long in case he needs to be monitored.

15. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Randi you shot a .25 on a 96 and it was fine.
    If he is in the 80's or higher I would keep the regular dose unless you are really uncomfortable doing so.

16. Randi & Max (GA)

Thanks Miriam
    That is so true. I guess the brain was not working today.
    You know I like to live on the edge.
    This morning worried me because I thought he would be alone for
    4 hours. Tonight he won't so I have no problem seeing if he
    will "earn" a reduction.

17. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I really don't think there is anything you can do to mess Max up at this point. ;-) I would probably hold the 0.25 for a little while longer, though, unless he earns a reduction. And yes, you can shoot 0.25 at 88. :smile:

18. Randi & Max (GA)

That's the plan. Sorry I will tar question
    Out when I get home.going to shoot .25

19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good decision, Randi! Max is doing great! Thanks for watching Stu today, too.

Ella

20. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

tada!!!!

Good day for MadMax!!!
    What progress in this condo! Amazing!

You can remove Dose Advice from the subject line.... I think!

21. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Just stopping by to give you guys some pats on the back...great job...moving along so beautifully!
    I love seeing these wonderful numbers! :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.