3/31 Moonie AMPS 219,PMPS 174 back from vet

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Roni and Moonie, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Hey Morning all--Moonie finally came home last nite, howling & singing!! What happened at that party??
    Jumped in the napper this morning, and seems fine, with the occassional limp with her foot that has been that way since her dx--

Need advice--Moonie has been great the last few days, either from the new methyl B12, or she just got better from whatever was bothering her, BUT----We have a Vet Appt tonite--Whenever she goes, she is upset & screwed, and I dont want to mess up this momentum...
    Do you think I should go, or wait for a later date?? Dont want to mess her up from the trip to the vet, yet dont want to miss if there's anything I CAN DO...pLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS.. Thanks..

yesterday's condo
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10613

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/31 Moonie AMPS 219-Pls.Advise

I would wait until noon and see how Moonie is doing. If whatever was bothering her/you seems to have passed, cancel. You can always reschedule if Moonie isn't feeling well.

3. Delma and Frank

Delma and Frank Member

I am able to relate about stressful visits to the vet. Frank needs a muzzle there.

Regarding Moonie's vet visit.... Couple a things I would ask my self---Is the visit for an urgent or routine matter?, how long would you want to wait if you could delay? Would it matter to delay the visit that long??

Good luck in your decision.

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Roni, I think Sienne's advice is sound: see how Moonie is later today and if she is doing well, then cancel the appt. Then you can watch her for a few more days and, if necessary, reschedule the appointment.
    That beautiful Moonie was dancing up a storm last night. Stu remarked that her "Kitty Hop" was spectacular. He can't wait to see her again at the next party.
    Good luck today with whatever you decide to do.

Ella & Stu
    P.S. How's the flooding situation on L.I.?

5. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Roni! I hope all is well with you and yours and you had a wonderful Passover!
    I must have been blind last night cuz I was looking for your condo but didn't see it...thank goodness we post links to our previous condos so I could have a look see...cuz I looked and liked what I saw..Moonie had a great day yesterday!! She doesn't look to bad today, considering she was shaking it up at the full moon party last night. Civvie Ralph came home and told me he met a fine lady last night and he mentioned Moonie by name, so she must have made an impression!

Sounds like her little leggie is feeling better. I tend to agree with the see how she is thing and then make your decision. If she still seems to be having problems, then keep the appointment, but if it's not an emergency and things seem to be doing ok, put it off.

Hope you have a great day, my friend!

6. Roni and Moonie

Re: 3/31 Moonie AMPS 219-Pls.Advise,+2.5~163

Moonie is in the cat napper & walks with the limp she always has...I still will wait & see what I will do, about the vet..
    So far she's sleeping--I just dont want to set her back any, as she has been doing well this week--
    But you know what happens, the minute you cancel something :roll: :roll:
    Be back in a bit! Thanks for all the advice--I appreciate it.

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/31 Moonie AMPS 219-Pls.Advise,+2.5~163

Hi Roni
    What time is the appt tonight?
    Tough call to make but I think you have some good
    suggestions and you just might have to go with your gut.
    Sounds like her leg is doing better.
    Max mentioned to me that he tried to do some healing on it
    and myabe it helped. :D
    He is quite smitten with Moonie and asked me how he can
    decide between all of the pretty kitties.
    I told him that his heart is big enough to love them all.
    He also told me that they were very careful with the food they
    ate last night so they would not break passover. :D

Let us know what you decide about Moonie's appointment later.

8. Roni and Moonie

Re: 3/31 Moonie AMPS 219,+2.5~163,+5.5~125

Moonie is sleeping in the napper, her brother is below her on the floor sleeping--Soooo Sweet!!
    Havent made up my mind about the vet--My DA says you will maybe not get another chance to see this particular vet for a bit, so even though Moonie is feeling better, why not get meds if she will need them in future?
    DH says why bother & upset the cat by dragging her into the carrier, traumatizing her, and maybe screwing up her progress with her legs..
    She seems fine, so I cannot decide what to do...The What If's are getting to me!!
    She's having a nice blue surf today--Will decide later--Thanks for your help...From Confused :?: :?: :?: :?

9. Roni and Moonie

Re: 3/31 Moonie AMPS 219,+2.5~163+5.5~125

I decided to take her to vet after all! I hope I'm making the right decision..I want to know all the options for caring for her, and making her feel more comfortable, as far as her legs go. Although she is youthful, she's not that young, so I want to do the best I can for her--
    Will be on with vet report later--Hugs~!

10. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/31 Moonie AMPS 219+2.5~163+5.5~125 going to vet

Easy vet vines for Moonie :smile: Will be watching for the report.

11. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/31 Moonie AMPS 219,+2.5~163+5.5~125

Let us know what the vet says when you get back home HUGS from Lisa and Do Lou :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

12. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Hope your visit went well. Glad to hear the Methyl B12 has been helping.

13. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Roni & Moonie))) Anxiously awaiting the vet report.. I do think you made a good decision :thumbup even if nothing.. peace of mind is everything ;-)

14. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

good luck at the vet, let us know what you find out!

15. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Ohhh, Moses and I are excited about the response :mrgreen:

Keep those footers working and hips moving.

16. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope it went ok Roni....you had quite a decision to make. Please let us know when you can how it all went. Sending hugs to you guys! :YMHUG:

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Waiting to hear the news and hoping all went well. :YMHUG:

Ella & Stu, who thinks that maybe she shouldn't have attempted that backward flip on the dance floor.

18. Roni and Moonie

Re: 3/31 Moonie PMPS 174-good vet visit-need adequan info

YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!Moonie is fine, all systems good!! Heart, lungs, ears,eyes--Very good-Shot almost an hour late @-) @-)
    She has right knee floating kneecap, left foot is propioceptive deficit (with neuropathy, if you bend foot under cat & it doesnt spring back right away, shows deficit of movement)--Thus Moonie's walking problems--BUT I always thought it was all in the same leg!!

He was absolutely startled by my knowledge & dedication to Moonie & said he learned so much from me tonite--I asked about Dasuquin and Adequan and he said he never heard of using adequan on cats--But then he looked it up in the animal PDR--He is calling the company for me that makes adequan--To find out it's use in cats.
    He took the copy of the Tilly Protocol to read..He said he wishes all his animals had owners like us..(He should only know :lol: :lol: how neurotic we can be!!)
    Wowed by my spreadsheet & said if she is like this it is like so regulated--Under 200, is remission & regulation to vets you know :roll:
    Any way he was a very nice vet, very attentive, willing to learn & take suggestions--
    He offered something that sounded like metacam(the generic form of it) as it is an antinflammatory, but I said NO metacam-causes renal problems! SO, all in all, it was a good visit & I feel that I understand why she walks the way she does now. ;-)

It does not hurt them when they walk on their hocks, by the way..MOONIE PUT UP A STRONG FIGHT TO STAY OUT OF THE CARRIER--yOU CATS WOULD HAVE BEEN PROUD OF HER-I'M SCRATCHED(not bad), BUT THE SCREAMS & HIDING--SHE FOUGHT HARD, BUT i WON :lol: :lol: :lol: cat(2)_steam cat(2)_steam cat(2)_steam cat(2)_steam

19. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Roni & Moonie))) :thumbup
    What a wonderful update....... sooooooooo happy for the two of you!! Way 2 go!! Impressed with the Vet & absolutely impressed with your love & dedication to Moonie. Our furbabies are soooo lucky to have us!! Thank you for the update & wishing you both a beautiful, blessed evening!! :YMHUG:

20. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Wow, what a great vet report! It's good that you have set your mind at ease AND impressed your vet. He sounds very reasonable and receptive to new ideas. What are a few scratches!!
    Way to go, Moonie!! Stu says that now you can practice that backflip so they can trip the light fantastic on the dance floor at the next party.
    dancing_cat

Ella & Stu

21. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Big Sigh of relief.
    I am so glad you decided to go and got a great report from the vet.
    And look at that beautiful blue PM #.
    Hugs for you and Miss Moonie.
    You are the bestest Mama!!!

22. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I'm so glad that you decided to take Ms. Moonie to the vet...now your mind is at ease and Ms. Moonie will have the necessary med for future use.
    Isn't nice when the vet's are in awe of how well educated we are in FD and other problems. This board is a wonderful thing!

23. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great report. Did he say whether anything could be done for Moonie's knee?

And it's a good thing you won the carrier war. Otherwise, Moonie would be staying at the vet's office. Just remind her that the food they have there is usually DM.

24. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Boy, you owe her some scrumptious treats. Sounds like you had a good exchange of knowledge.

KB was the first cat my vet gave adequan to. She dosed him as though he was a small canine.

25. Delma and Frank

Delma and Frank Member

I'm glad that is over now for you. Sounds like a positive event, except for the scratches...nothing some neosporine and a bandaid can't take care of.. The vet sounds great. I'm happy for you and Moonie.

26. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

In the end, MOONIE won, because she got the wonderful care that you fought to get for her. :D Her pride may not let her see that right now, though.

So glad you got some answers. Isn't it great to understand? And thank you on behalf of all our furbabies for informing your vet! How nice that the vet really listened.

Moonie will get over this quickly. Let us all know what your vet says about the Adequan. My vet also didn't know about using it for cats!

27. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

What a great vettie report!
    So glad to hear that she is doing sooooo well :razz:
    But, you are such a wonderful mama bean ... she iz a very well tended kitty girl..

Sounds like you have a great vet.. nice to hear about how some vets are just so willingly to learn more from their patients.. Good for you Roni!

Give Moon kitty a scritch from us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.