3/31 Morris AMPS 281; +9 448; PMPS 468 - gave dosecrease

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10631

So, do you think this is still bounce??? Yesterday, Sienne was thinking that his last bounce had cleared & he was having a new bounce! I asked last night how we should fix this (I assume another dosecrease up) & when I should consider doing this (he has had a few dosecreases lately.....is there a 'rule' for how many and/or how often to increase?). I also asked a few days ago, I also asked how often I should be testing for ketones (my vet had said I didn't need to do that anymore, but it was suggested to me here last week that I should still be doing this).

Morris had a great time at Shadow's party last night! Thanks again Pat for allowing all the kitties over! He even brought home some of that nice Florida sun with him!!!! After 2 days of dark/dreary rain, we are having a beautiful sunny start to the day here in BC!!!

WCR: Seems to be 1 happy & content little kittie these days! We had an almost tragic accident last night....Morris managed to 'escape' unnoticed outside as I put the trash out!!! He was outside for about 15 mins or so until we noticed. Thankfully, he had not wandered off too far & came running back inside the house when we called his name.

2. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 3/31 Morris AMPS 281; +9 448 - bouncing again

Yup....looks like he is still bouncing! :?

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

My knee jerk response when I'm not sure of what to do, is to go back to the dosing protocol.

Generally, you can increase in 3 days unless there are some blues or greens popping up and then you want to hold the dose longer (5 - 7 days). If numbers are in the pinks and reds, I'd test for ketones weekly as a precaution.

4. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Thanks Sienne! I have reread the protocol & found this:

I think I will try another 0.25u dosecrease starting this evening & see what happens. I have to work tomorrow, but then will be home for a nice 4 day long weekend!!!! I will be able to monitor him better on those days (plus, it usually takes a few doses before his numbers start moving).

5. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

OK....I went ahead & gave Morris another dosecrease this evening....perhaps this will be the right dose for him?!?!?!

I am feeling extremely frustrated this evening. I had rather unpleasant news from my doctor today about my shoulder (although I had expected the news) & everything is just bothering me more than usual today. Since I don't expect to see any great changes in Morris' numbers right away, I think I am going to take 1 of my heavy-duty sleeping pills, head to bed early & cry myself to sleep.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. :YMSIGH:

6. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

((((Gwen)))) Sleep always helps. I hope things seem better tomorrow.

Good luck with the dosecrease. Maybe it will bring Morris his breakthrough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.