3/31 Shadow AMPS=377, PMPS=271

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA), Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

+4=47
    +4.15=34
    +4.5=43
    +5=60
    +5.5=65
    +6=76
    +7=89
    +9=120
    AMPS=377 ~ 1.0u Lev
    Yesterday's Condo

Stepping over sleeping kitties as I found Shadow....he was really not so happy to see me AGAIN. He was sleeping in DH's recliner where Raja usually spends the night so I think she let him sleep there cause of his busy time with testing last night. Sometimes she is very sweet and considerate.

He is bouncing...to say the least. :sad:

I gave him the same 1.0u dose this morning. Should I just go to a s1.0u with him either tonight or tomorrow? Thoughts?
    Or do a .25u reduction? Monique...what would the German way be for Shadow? My little problem child Shadow.....

He is purring away and was on the testing towel for his shot, waiting for me again. He didn't quite clean his breffis bowl but that is to be expected with the additional snack last night. I gave him his regular +4 LC snack and when I saw the +4.15=34 I gave him another extra LC snack with some HC gravy on it. Then he had his regular +8 snack too.

As far as the party is concerned...my lips are sealed. There were many friendships that became even closer with all the talking and sharing last night. In between the loud howling and dancing of course. The "New-to-LL" kitties were accepted as if they had always been here. Everyone might seem a little "star-struck" & dopey-tired today cause it was such a spectacular night.....the moon was wonderful (just like Kathy's picture) and everything was purrfect! SO much activity!! Shadow & Moonie gave instructions on the new dance they performed and before the moon set, all were doing the dance and it was so impressive to see them dancing in unison!! They are ready for next month's fll_moon now! Many phone numbers were exchanged and many laughs were shared. They are all so great!

It's hard to go back to a normal routine after so much fun...many said they would love to come back to help clean up if they are allowed. I know that is just an excuse for more parties... :lol: They always do that! They all picked up after themselves last night and there isn't anything to really clean up, but I know they love to get together, so if they are permitted to come, they are more than welcome here!

2. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Re: 3/31 Shadow AMPS=377

You are such a wonderful host!

I can't help on dose, but I wanted to chime in and say "morning!" after what seems to be a...well...erm...raucous night. LOL.

Best-
    Michele

3. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Tess sends her thanks for the wonderful time last night.Being an only furchild she's a little shy, but felt right at home w/ everyone there. I think she's still practicing the dance for next time.

4. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Good morning Pat! Looks like you had a nice long night with Shadow, huh! As far as the dosing goes, I would have shot the regular dose through the rebound, which you did. It certainly does look like Shadow earned a dose crease, so I would say yep, a dosecrease is in order. Yea!!

Spot came wondering in sometime after 3 a.m. last night and fell right to sleep. It took him a while to get up and put on his pacing pants this morning, but once he got moving and some fuds in his belly, he was good. He wanted me to thank you, Shadow and Raja for being such good hosts and he said that he will show me the new dance steps when I get home from work!

5. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

I think our boys may have been partying too hard last night--Max dropped low too! He had a great time, tho, and says he wants to go back for the next one. :D

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Wonderful party, Pat, Raja and Shadow! Looks like Shadow overdid it!! And earned a dosecrease, too. Wow! Stu had a fabulous time cooking the bouillabaisse and then stuffing himself with all the goodies the other cats brought. He danced the night away and, after helping to clean up, caught a moonbeam home and brought back a souvenir for us: a giant hairball. I guess that Florida weed really agrees with him! At the moment he's vying with Shadow to be bounce king. Thanks again for a great evening!

Ella & Stu

7. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Shadow definatly earned a decrease (2x <50 or going below 40 earns an automatic decrease) It is certain the he will bounce (especially from a 34!) and he will likely always be a bouncer until he is on very low doses and consistantly maintaining greens. If you look through your SS you can see the pattern. After a few days of nice steady low yellows/blues/greens, Shadows takes the plunge and earns a decrease, the next cycle he bounces and tends to stay in RBC for a few days then he slowly begins to regain regulation on the dose eventually "diving" and bouncing again 2x until he earns the next decrease. I know it's frustrating to see him spend a few days in RBC and having to work the numbers back down again for a week, but he is making progress. Shooting through the bounce isn't really nessisary, he is flooded with hormones (his pancreas is just fine, it's his liver that is the problem) no matter what you do he will bounce and he will eventually settle down on the new dose and keep making progress. It's reasonable to make the .25U decrease and ride out the craziness. For at least 2 cycles he will still have the slightly larger shed working with him to fight the bounce. After the shed "shrinks" he may take a day or two to turn it around on the lower dose but once the liver is calmed with the higher numbers and stops spitting out glucose, the new dose coupled with his ever better functioning pancreas will continue the progress. IMO the decrease was rightfully earned and .25U is not to much to shave off. Reducing the dose and letting the bounce wear off is going to apease the liver and allow things to calm down. Think of the bounce as the livers cry for a decrease, more insulin may keep him in panic mode longer.

377 isn't a horrible bounce, he may go up more this cycle before he begins comming back down, and it will take a few days to become stabile again, these little trips to RBC are not dangerous to the pancreas (long term chronic highs are) We are already accustomed to the fact that Shadow will spends a few weeks at each dose before being ready to move down. a week ago he was bouncing from his first <50 and you were stressing, after 2 days he settled down and BAM earned the decrease. This pattern will probably continue.

*Think of it this way, the bounce is your reward, you can relax a bit and save a few test strips :razz:

8. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning Pat
    I need you to do some inventory at home.
    It seems that Max arrived home with a lamp shade on his head so either
    you're missing one or he "borrowed" one from a neighbour. :lol: :lol:
    He had a great time seeing his old friends and meeting the new kitties.
    He wants to know when the next party is and has offered to come back
    to help in the cleaning.
    What an exciting night you half on 2 fronts.
    Shadow will clear the RBC soon enough, Monique is the best!!

9. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Yay for Shadow! A dosecrease for the post-party day.

Basil had a wonderful time. He is a little groggy today and was quite grumpy about going for his dental. He stomped his little paw and said he wouldn't go. I decided to be kind and not mention the tattoo quite yet. We can talk about that right before the anesthesia fully wears off and maybe he'll give me the real story.

Thanks, on behalf of Basil, to you wonderful party hosts at the Pat-Raja-Shadow Palace and Party Place.

10. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

MY REWARD? :eek: WOW! I am so excited to be getting a reward myself! WOW! He is the one who is always "earning" dosecrease and I get nada it seems. Now, I get a reward! I shouldn't have panicked I guess. Well, the way you explain it, it seems so clear. I think I understand. I will try to tell his liver that it should not panic...even though I mistakenly shot the full 1.0u this morning. He will get the .75u tonight and I will be patient.

Many thanks for your explanation. I wasted lots of energy in hating the bounces. :mrgreen: I will not look at them that way any more. You are so knowledgeable and I appreciate your sharing all that with me. I feel so much better now! :mrgreen:

Hope all is good in your neck of the world! Spooly & Socks are so cute...everyone was fascinated when they asked to use the bathroom...LOLOLOL...litter boxes were elsewhere...so all the kitties were hanging outside the door when they came out....
    "What were you guys doing in there?" they asked.
    :lol: Spooly said "We were using the toilet of course!!!" :lol:

A hush fell over the crowd. :shock:

"The toilet?" they asked....and Socks said... :"Oh Ja,, Unsere Mutter taught us how to do our business in there instead of using the LBs....anyone seen any upholstered dining room chairs?" And the kitties said "No....the chairs don't have material on them...they are just plain wood".
    So the two boys giggled and ran off with the others to dance and sing!

So, if any kitty asks about using the potty~you all know where THAT came from! :lol:

11. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning, Pat,
    Since I'm unqualified to do so, I don't mention doses, but I'm thrilled for you and Shadow, that he earned a dosecrease. Yay!
    Checkers must have partied hard, last night, 'cause he's been sleeping all morning. He opened one eye, when I did a +3 check. He's a gentleman and doesn't tell what goes on at your parties.
    He did however, tell me he made new friends, and was very happy to meet the new kitties.
    That is.... when he finally came strolling in, purring loudly, this AM.

12. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Spooky wasn't so cute a few minutes ago, I'm still trying to catch my breath..... I don't know why every time my daughter and her freinds open the door Spooky escapes (I go out 10x a day and he doesn't get past me!) anyway he runs off to the neighbors garden and both girls are running after him. I come out to make a fuss and here comes Spooky running down the middle of the street with 2 little girls screaming and chasing him, cars are weaving around the whole circus! I'm having a heartattack wondering who is going to get run over first (cat or kids!) Spooky runs into our yard and into the rose bushes ohmygod_smile I yelled at the girls to stop chasing him and tried to coax him out with a long peice of swamp grass which he chased a little. I still ended up with a few thorns in my a** and a scratch on my forearm fetching him. I then gave them all hell about running down the street. All of them were so wound up in the "chase" that nobody was paying attention to traffic or where they were even running to! Socks thankfully just watched the whole thing from the diningroom window (with a smirk I'm sure :cool: ) What a day.

13. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

All of the wonderful stories written on FDMB remind me of "Jenny and the Cat Club" series.... I remember reading it as a child.
    http://www.nybooks.com/nyrb/jenny/
    hmmmm.... "Jenny's Moonlight Adventure"
    [​IMG]

14. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Morris & I would like to thank you all for hosting such a wonderful party last night! When I asked him this morning about all of the activities last evening, he just gave me a 'knowing' look & started purring like crazy!!! dancing_cat

15. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Wow. Shadow sure got into the party mode with some low numbers. And now has the party-low hangover bounce. I like Monique's take on it... a reward for going low. (Pollyanna much? :lol: ) Seriously I think it is a great way to look at the bounce in this situation. And save-a-strip-day is always a good thing.

OMG Monique! Your daughter and her friends in the street chasing Spooky ... and oblivious to the traffic. Heart stopping!

I noticed there was no pukey talk today, so I'll remedy that. BigMac doesn't cough up hairballs very much so it's not a big deal, BUT today of all days... grrrr. Today a photographer was scheduled to take some photos of our master bath renovation for a local magazine (we stay anonymous, it's for cabinet co. kudos). And sure enough 5 minutes before the crew walks in... I see a big ol' blob right on the rug in the living room... and we have to walk past it. So I'm on my hands and knees with rags and carpet cleaner two minutes before the door bell rings. I'm sure the chemical smell was a lovely perfume. Bah.

16. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Monique thanks for the explanation on RBC and bouncing and lower numbers. I learned something new from that too!

And Pat - I don't know if Maui attended the party last night or not. When I asked her about it, she opened her eye and say "huh? what party?" Then closed her eye and drifted back to nappy land.

I went to bed early and well, Maui came to bed at 5 am, so it's possible she had her nappy and decided to join in the fun. I haven't looked to see if any nip is missing - Maui always brings nipjitos - but she ain't telling.

17. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Moonie had a wonderful time at the party with Shadow!! She danced the nite away, and enjoyed the moonbeams, which make her really wild @-) @-) @-) Thanks for another great party!!!! - You get a reward of being a great momma bean & helping Shadow to do so well!!
    Yet another dosecrease!! Can you believe how well he's doing?? There is such a thing as a miracle! :mrgreen:
    Thanks for all you do for us here, the condo that keeps us hopping :lol: :lol: And keeps the kitties entretained!! dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat flip_cat

18. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Must have been a great party.. all the kitties here are snoozing like they haven't slept in a week! Thanks for hosting it Pat.. nobody here is telling me what happened.. but earlier they kept snickering to each other as they were walking around.. I'll never know!!!

Clear that bounce Shadow!

19. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Geez
    I go away and look what is happening in Shadow land.
    I see 377 and then open the condo door and there's the 30's :eek: you shur do know how to keep it exciting.

Way to go for a dosecrease

20. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 3/31 Shadow AMPS=377, +4=335

+4=335
    I am reaping my reward...and not worrying! So, that was quite a tale of the girls and the kitty running down the street, Monique. And CD with your pukus story too... :lol:
    This is so funny to hear of the "day afters" between the snoozing, purring and snickers...those kitties are TOO funny!
    Methinks it's about time for the clean up party to start....some of the kitties loved the sunset and are interesting in coming back to see if tonight will be the night they catch the Green Flash! They are all welcome...the place is all cleaned up of course...so it's just an excuse to come back & Party again. :D
    Did anyone see Maui at the party last night? (Everyone just shrugged their shoulders. Then they all winked at each other...) They'll never tell. :lol:

21. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Do Lou and Voodoo want to thank their host for the wonderful time they had at the party :mrgreen: and hope you do well with the dosecrease :mrgreen:

22. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I was in bed when the "men" crawled in last night. Bear has been sleeping all day, but Teddy has been chattering non-stop about the party. He is already talking about the next one. Thanks for taking such good care of the boys.

23. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

That's my girl! So proud of her!!!!

24. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 3/31 Shadow AMPS=377, PMPS-271

AMPS=377 ~ 1.0u Lev
    +4=335
    +8=246
    PMPS=271 ~ .75u Lev dosecrease

My boy's liver is calming down....stepping down further at each testing time. Up again at PMPS, but it's ok.I am feeling so rewarded :mrgreen: A few kitties arrived and they all went down to catch the sunset. They will be back to "clean"...they are all such cutie pies! Love 'em all! :D

25. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Coming down... yeah for Shadow!

clean up crew at your service.... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.