3/36 Eeyore PMPS+8=330 AMPS=457 +8=245 +11=321 PMPS=363

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest:
    PMPS+8=330
    AMPS=457. Wellness Chicken out, shot 1.75U. Considering a dosecrease.
    +8=245. Nice late in the cycle number for him...
    +11=321
    PMPS=363. Nice, nice, nice. FF Classic Chicken out, shot 2U. Is getting much better about pokes and shots...
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10179

Morning...

Well, he's really high this morning, but I'm not sure if it's a food spike (I fed at 2:30 am) or if it's a rebound. I did manage to get up at 2:30 and poke, but it was already at 330. I am not sure what's going on...the vet thinks we may be ODing him and creating the rebound, and because of that I'm reluctant to raise the dose until I am sure he's not going low.

OTOH, I also think that his liver is "panicking" at lower-than-he's-used-to numbers, and while not actually "low" numbers, his body thinks it is...and dumps hormones, releases sugar, and so forth.

So, as always, I'm open to ideas, thoughts, opinions, discussions...

Best-
    Michele

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/36 Eeyore PMPS+8=330 AMPS=457

I agree with your thinking that maybe his liver doesn't feel comfy in any lower-than-usual numbers.
    BTW, Shadow BEAT Eeyore this morning...he had a 481!! Nah nah nah nah poo poo!
    (shadow thinks that kitty with the highest number wins!) :roll:

See what others think...but I don't think that you are O'D-ing him....that's MHO

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

nah nah poo poo - is that technical jargon?

sheesh @-)

4. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I'll keep away from the technical jargon like Pat and Hillary use... so,
    Food spike? Nah, unless you are feeding him doughnuts, the food wouldn't take him up this high.

I also don't see any evidence of going too low or overdosing.

In my humble opinion he needs more insulin. Look at all the mid-cycle tests and it looks to me that what insulin he is getting brings him down a little bit at nadir. Just not very much. Then he zooms back to red when the insulin is exhausted. That's what I see.

I vote increase, he's been on this dose 7 cycles, so it has settled... and time to move on. IMHO.

P.S. I saw the video and OMG what a sweetheart! I turn to mush when I see a Coonie like my kitty. That face, those eyes! Ah Michelle I would melt and he loves you so. Very very happy to see him in such a loving place. ....sniff...sniff.... where's my hanky?
    AND Malachi, I want!

5. Michele and Esse

The concern with the ODing is because the vet didn't find any glucose in his urine, so she thinks we might be ODing him, and has suggested that maybe we should take down the dose. Me, I look at the numbers, see the midcycles hovering in the (low-mid) 200s, and think, UP we go...

I'll bump him tonight. He'll be at 2.0 U, and we'll see how that goes. I'd love to get these sugars under some control - and no, no doughnuts for him (although he'd eat one, given the chance...).

CD, isn't he a dear one? And yes, full of love that boy is. As for Mal, now that I've gotten him through the kitten krazies (ahem, not really), you think I'm gonna let him go anywhere?? Nope...that blue eyed boy is allllllllllllllll miiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeee (until he suckles on my earlobe when I'm trying to sleep. Then he can be yours. For a few minutes. Then he's mine again. Kay?)

BTW, I always thought it was spelled "nyah", not nah. See what I know, throwing an extra vowel in there. LOL...

Best-
    Michele

6. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Re: 3/36 Eeyore PMPS+8=330 AMPS=457 +8=245

I think "nyah" is the New Jersey spelling. (New Joiseey) :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Glad to see your following the numbers rather than the urine test. Paws crossed on the dosecrease.

8. Michele and Esse

D, I haven't figured out why no glucose in the urine is a bad thing, and it really doesn't make good sense...and the lowest number I've seen was the 172 a week ago at midnight. So...we increase to 2 tonight. And we will see what happens, I suppose...

Best-
    Michele

9. Michele and Esse

Can I just say I'm pretty danged pleased with Eeyore's progress?

Sure, his numbers need work, so we upped the dose tonight to 2U. But he's really fitting in here well; he is an incredibly affectionate, snuggly boy. He is eating decently, not in the starving way he was a week ago. He's getting really good at pokes and shots, his coat is softening and smoothing, he's not had a single potty accident, and he's been caught playing with the kitty racer, Malachi, and string quite a few times.

Eeyore is doing well...and I didn't expect quite as good of an adjustment as he seems to have made; 'course, there are occasional hissy fits, spats, and chases, but mostly, everything is mellow...and it isn't just Eeyore...it's everyone. YAY the herd!!

Just thought I'd put that up. He's such a blessing!

Best-
    Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.