+3.5 = 49

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melissa and Celle, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melissa and Celle

Melissa and Celle Member

I'm thinking I need to decrease from 3.75 to 3.5, but I know I've been too conservative in the past, so I just want to get some other opinions.

Complicating matters is that we're going to have a sitter doing 4 shots over Christmas with no pre-shot tests and no one here other than at shot time.

Celle free feeds low-carb Fancy Feast, so I know that's supposed to help. I'm not sure how worried I should be about the 49. She ate right afterwards. Is checking in another hour OK?

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Well with Musette I would wait an hour to retest on a 49 but that is because I know she is a food spiker and can jump a good 50-100 points on just food alone, but she also eats Friskies that is around 7% carbs.

Celle has definitely earned herself a reduction with that 49 so early in the cycle, so yeah I would drop her 3.5 to see if she can hold the reduction before you are going to have a sitter to come in over Christmas.

Really glad you are finally getting some good numbers from her, I know how hard you have struggled with her while she was on Levermir

Mel, Maxwell, Musette & The Fur Gang

3. Melissa and Celle

Melissa and Celle Member

+4.75 = 55. She ate another big meal after the test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.