3/5 Latte AMPS- 343, PMPS-146, +2.25-322

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

recap:
    pmps-297 (pred cycle AND increase to 2u)
    +3-371
    +6.5-320
    amps-343

yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8075

Latte has a little spunk in her this a.m., some of it left over from last night which started shortly after a somewhat intense, bonding moment.

After trimming a few of her claws last night, she got very stressed and tried to get up the back of her throne (it is a high back and I was sitting in the chair part with her...so only quick escape was up). This was very difficult, especially with shorter nails. I think adrenalin and no where else to go made her capable. She was very wobbly on the back of the chair and knew she needed to get down. Before she could do so on her own, before I could help, before I could move (I was still sitting on the throne) she fell....face planted right in my lap. Oh the sweet dear let out such a meow of defeat and embarrassment, as she buried her face in my arm (just like at the vet). I felt so bad. I told her how sorry I was, but the nail trimming HAD to be done for her safety. We talked about how she is older and less agile, and it must be so scary to not be able to do some of the things she had done all her life. Just like a kid, I pointed out all the things she is GOOD at :lol: . Right around this time she lifted her head and stayed in my lap while I pet her. She is NOT a lap kitty, so this is VERY unusual. Especially since we spent about 30 minutes in this position. Her beautiful tail wagged ever so gracefully, not seemingly irritated at all.

When she was ready, she jumped down and went on guard in the hall. Moments later she was ready to try eating, followed me around quite a bit,and initiated a loooooong play session in the kitchen (odd place for her to do that). She was the best old lady cat in the world last night! :mrgreen:

Lots O kibble in her system the past 24+ hrs. Cant even keep track of spikes - just overall influencing numbers for sure. Good start to bfast this a.m., chatty, and my little shadow earlier on as I was getting some meds and food ready. I hope today will be nice enough to let her outside on the deck for a little while. I cant believe she may see ANOTHER spring!!!!! So happy she is here. cat_pet_icon

2. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 3/5 Latte AMPS- 343

(((((Carolyn)))))) What a wonderful touching WCR. Thank you for sharing. Anyone can see how much you love her and she is blessed to have you. Hope you have a wonderful Friday.

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

That was a beautiful report Carolyn....brought a smile to my face cause it reminded me of that old George Carlin skit where he talks about kitties doing something that backfires and how they sit there and try to say "I meant to do that!"

she landed in your lap which is where she stayed for awhile. That was a nice outcome to a little misstep!
    You two have such a loving relationship.....hope you both enjoy your day. :YMHUG:

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

That is a wonderful story, Carolyn. We wish you and your beautiful, happy Latte a glorious day! Spring is truly on the way.
    Ella & Stu

5. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/5 Latte AMPS- 343, +2-141

Looks like somebody wanted to spend her weekend in rbc! :shock:
    I was wondering why her little suitcase was packed! It's only a matter of hrs before her send off! ohmygod_smile

6. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/5 Latte AMPS- 343, +2-141, +3-89

OUCH! Too Fast!!!! bcatrun_gif

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

God morning Carolyn
    Long day yesterday and still not on coffee as I noticed the green for Latte.
    She i coming down very fast this morning.
    Mayeb she wants to sho her Mama she still is young at heart and can do it.
    I hope she surfs very calmly for you today.
    What a sweet doll. Max misses her.

8. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn & Latte))) :thumbup
    Fast.. but good ... Congrats on that! Wishing you both a fabulous day & a wonderful weekend!!

9. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/5 Latte AMPS- 343, +2-141, +3-89, +3.5-76

She is still eating (just opened 2nd 3oz can wellness), but slowing down.

In the not so distant past she used to do this all the time on increases...usually slowing down drop by now.

Fluids were given @ +2, btw.

10. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Re: 3/5 Latte AMPS- 343, +2-141, +3-89, +3.5-76

Fantastic WCR Carolyn, what a very sweet baby girl she is :)

I'm looking at your SS and I think I'd wait to see another cycle like this one before I reduced. You've got so much in play here that I think your dose is good, but maybe if she does this again, or goes far lower today, you could make it a skinny 2u?

11. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/5 Latte AMPS- 343, +2-141, +3-89, +3.5-76, +4-69

She is in her "you can try to test me here, but good luck!" spot :lol:

She is done eating for now. She made that clear as a bell.

Carolyn,
    Those were kind of my thoughts. Glad for some confirmation. Just hate to go back to a dose that really was not seeming to work.

12. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

:smile: :D :smile: This makes me happy. I love reading about all of her good moments.

13. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Yeah me too, you're gonna have to be flexible though, you already know that. You might have to go up and down 7 times in 1 month between the same two doses, depending on how her other meds are interacting with her.. don't put too much worry into that :)

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I loved that story. They do know where and with whom they are safe and who will keep them that way. You are definitely Latte's safety bean.I suspect the fluids have had something to do with the drop, as well.

15. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/5 Latte AMPS- 343, +2-141, +3-89, +3.5-76, +4-69,+5~75

+4.5-79
    +5-75

It' s been a long time since we have had a green surf. Ha! She just wanted me to stop testing. Lookin' fine on her throne, keeping one eye open on me. Will drop to hrly tests now, until I see her heading north. She will get a nice long break from testing in rbc!

16. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/5 Latte AMPS- 343, +2-141, +3-89, +4-69,+5~75, +6~69

Her liver must have hit the snooze button on the alarm :lol:

17. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/5 Latte AMPS- 343, +2-141, +4-69,+5~75, +6~69, +7~71

+8-82
    I suspect that is the last green we will see in this cycle.
    I asked if her suitcase for rbc was ready, and she pointed her nose in its direction, then closed her eyes and laid her head back down - with a big smile on her face :mrgreen:
    Wonder what that meant?

18. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/5 Latte AMPS- 343, +9-105, +10.5-86

Fully expecting a bounce at this point. Still expecting it at any point. Yet in the back of my mind all day I was thinking, "Ha! I could shoot a 50 at pmps if I wanted because of the pred" Then I tested and she is going back d 0 w n! ohmygod_smile

Uhhhh, gonna get an 11.5, maybe give pred 30 min ahead of shot if she is dropping more or not going up? :? I have to give the shot no matter what!

The things that make you go hmmmmmm....

19. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Re: 3/5 Latte AMPS- 343, +9-105, +10.5-86

Pretty color but what a beautiful moment this morning.
    So glad she granted you such a peaceful time with her on her throne.

20. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/5 Latte AMPS- 343, PMPS-146

Whoa! Latte is EXHAUSTED from all this work her body did today (including poor ears)! :lol:

amps-343
    +2-141
    +3-89
    +3.5-76 (finished 1 3oz can wellness by this time)
    +4-69
    +4.5-79
    +5-75
    +6-69
    +7-70
    +8-82
    +9-105 (approx 2 tsp instinct chicken straight from can)
    +10.5-86 :shock:
    +11.5-153
    pmps-146 (pred cycle)

I hated doing all that, but if she is going to be that low on this dose I REALLY need to know she can handle it if she does not eat after bfast (like today), in case I need to be gone tbp. She was really hanging in my antsy pantsy territory all day. One vomit and she be in
    t r o u b l e! But she did well! Im very proud of how brave she was today and accepting momma beans OCD issues ;-)

We may be walking a fine line here, but Im willing to see it through the next few days, since I will be home to monitor. Hopefully whatever her bounce may bring will clear up in enough time for me to see how things will play out.

Oh - today, she got in her LB, turned around all the way and peed INSIDE it for the first time in at least a month!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: I gave her a standing ovation when she came out. Not sure if she appreciated, or cared. :lol:

21. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

What a great day for you and Latte! Hope she has a good night, as well. You have such an amazing bond with your baby girl!

22. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree with Kelly and wanted to congratulate you two on the beautiful day you had!!!
    Really nice going....a little together time...all day...lol
    Hope you have a good night tonight Carolyn...Hugs!

23. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

This condo was a nice read tonight. I love the sneaky lapcat story. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.