3/6 Deb's Spot AMPS ~ 110 - .1u - weekly update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Deb & Spot, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

GOOD MORNING LANTUS LAND!!

Hope today finds all LL kitties good and in the green (I can dream, can't I, lol)
    Spot had a pretty good week. More blues on this .1 dose, but that's ok. One day this week, he decided to emulate Black Kitty (of Sandy and Black Kitty) and eat a nice piece of paper towel, eventually throwing it up in what I thought was a HUGE fur ball until I looked further. He has upset the trash can, put on his zippy pants, cleaned himself until his fur was sparkling white & had most of his P's in place. He pulled a fast one and gave me a 161 for no good reason.
    Yesterday, grammiebean forgot to give him his pm shot....Her day was a bit topsy turvy and wasn't the routine type of day she is used to. She had to go out and by the time I got home from work, it was +16, so it was to late to give him his shot. He was 77 at +12 and 75 at +16...not bad at all! Then around +17, the drooler was playing sheriff and was barking like crazy in the kitchen. When I went to look, the droolers container of jerkey treats was laying on it's side, open, with a few pieces on the counter, with Spot sitting next to it. Looked like a few pieces were nibbled on....there goes a good amps, I thought to myself. :-x
    So, lo and behold...a 110 at amps is pretty darn nice considering no pm shot AND a high carb nibble!!
    Well, gotta get ready to take my Saturday group out...we are going to see "Top Cops" and have lunch at CiCi's Pizza. I like work days like this :D I won't be able to get to any condo's until I get home later, so I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

That Spot is always up to something--Eating contraband!! :shock: :shock:
    Still his numbers are terrific..Love the sherrif drooler!
    Enjoy you day out--Sending Happy Caturday to you!! HUGS~!

3. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Spot sure is giving you some nice numbers considering missed shots and the fact that he will eat anything that isn't nailed down. It's a good thing that drooler is a tattle tale!

4. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Spot was a very good (aka bad) kitty yesterday! Tell him his Auntie Heather is very, very proud of his behavior and that I would like to see more of that.

5. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

I think it is time you try NO INSULIN

6. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, not bad at all with a missed shot and illegal snackus!

Have a great time today!

7. Deb & Spot

Re: 3/6 Deb's Spot ~ 53 +4.5 /67 +9/pmps 84

A pretty nice day for Spot today. thanks to everyone who visited our condo today.
    So, Dian, you think it's time for a gum trial, huh....well, i'm kinda skerred to do that, lol...i was thinking of trying one, but with some of those higher blues, well, not to sure...would like to get a few days of all greens before i take that step.
    Well, gotta get dinner on the table, nieces and nephews here....hopefully will get around to visiting condos...i feel bad i haven't yet.

8. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hey deb, i agree with dian. :mrgreen:
    yes, there's a few blues scattered here and there, but for the most part they're low blues... normal number blues. overall, spot is green and has been green for over 3 months.

you're at a point where many of us have been. you know you can control the numbers with insulin. you know you can even push them down even lower than what "spot's normal" may be. it's scary to give up that control, but it's time. it's time to take the training wheels off to see if spot can manage on his own. instead of insulin, use a small amount of food to bring blue numbers down... if you see one.

what do you think? time to take a step away from the insulin (or do we have to send dian over there to intervene)? :lol:

9. Deb & Spot

Hey, Jill, thanks for stopping by...yes, it is very scary...I kinda have a lump in my chest after reading your post....Spot may be ready, I don't know if I am...funny, I was looking forward to the day when I was given the ok to try an OTJ trial and the day is here and I'm scared half to death!! Hey Dian....you want directions to my house???? LOL

Guess maybe tomorrow we will try...oh gosh, oh gosh.........

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

LOLOL, Jill's post sounds familiar, I can say from experience that you might as well give in and start the trial. She won't give up until she gets that syringe out of your hand! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I had trouble stopping too. But it worked!).

11. Jill & Alex (GA)

ummm, deb...... no response? :mrgreen:

eta: never mind. you edited to add a response. was that after you picked yourself off the floor? :lol:

12. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

(((Deb :mrgreen: )))

13. Jill & Alex (GA)

if it's any consolation... i think many of us have experienced that same lump in our chest.
    you'll get over it. we did. :D

14. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

OMG!! DId I pick a good day to get into the swing of LL!!!! How fantastic that you guys will be trying some GUM!!!!! Yippeeeeeeee!!! :RAHCAT

15. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

if it was me, I would do it on his next green PS. He doesn't HAVE to be green, but it's a lot easier on the bean if the kitty is already green and they just have to hold it there.

Now Spot, you'd better be green in the morning! I don't want to get in trouble with Jill for giving your mom an excuse to stall the trial.

16. Jill & Alex (GA)

good idea! :mrgreen:

17. Deb & Spot

Ok, Ok, Ok......tomorrow...Spot's Gum trial will commence....ohmyohmyohmy.....if he's green!! You guys may have to hold my hand...oh gosh, I'm nervous...be still my beating heart!!

18. Jill & Alex (GA)

we'll all hold your hand. you can do this... and so can spot! lol!

19. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

awww, how cool. :D

congrats deb! and remember it is only a trial, no one is telling you to throw the insulin in the garbage, so don't be nervous, you are still in control. right? so therefor it is very easy to stop shooting. (love that roundabout logic, works every time ;-) )

looking so forward to some lovely spearmint GUM here.
    whoohooo!

20. Deb & Spot

Re: 3/6 Deb's Spot PM +5 ~ 69

dancing_cat Well, then....I've taken quite a few deep breaths, sat ol' Spot down and gave him the news...tomorrow he needs to give me a nice green preshot and the gum trial will begin...
    breath, breath.....lol...Thanks for the encouragement guys...I think I needed it, lol!!! Spot will be just fine :D .
    Now it's time for nini snack and nini time for the household.
    Wish us luck in the morning!!

Oh, and tomorrow, no work, only gotta go out and buy kitty food, and the children will be going home, so I will be able to visit condo's tomorrow. I'm very sorry I didn't get a chance to visit today, especially since we've had so many visitors in ours. Thanks again!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.