3-6 Feeburt amps 355 +3 394

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shelly and Spaceman, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelly and Spaceman

Shelly and Spaceman Member

Shot from a new cartridge just to test the old one.

Could I have passed up the right dose? Crap this is frustrating.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

3. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

It's possible, Shelly, I'm not gonna say it's not, but the removal of dry food should have precipitated some real steep drops that would have shown that in my opinion. I've got my hopes on your cartridge as well.. fingers crossed over here!

How bout WCR? Any changes at all? Behavior? PU/PD? Body condition? Gaining weight/losing weight? How many oz a day are you feeding?

4. Shelly and Spaceman

He seems happy. HArd to say how much he actually eats per day. They all get fed at the same time. 4 boys get two 5 oz cans 3 times per day. (math quiz) but the younger boys get on the fridge and eat the kibble. He doesn't act hungry and there is usually food left in the bowls after feeding time so I know he isn't starving. There's some food still in there from this morning. Just checked and he's 314 @+6.5.

5. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Shelly!
    314 is going in the right direction at least! Could Feeburt be getting any of the kibble? Could it be falling on the floor? (I'm not a fanatic, just trying to help by covering all bases) :)

6. Shelly and Spaceman

I haven't seen any on the floor. I just cleaned the Kitchen this morning and didn't sweep any up. I think he's just being a jerk and enjoying all the attention. I'll check him again in an hour and then I will be out until pmps time. I get to go register for wedding stuff! wooo! all those gifts I gave over the years are finally going to pay off!
    thanks guys!

7. Carolyn and Spot

Hehehe hope you hit the motherlode!
    Ok how's his body condition.. is he heavy, bony, middle of the road.. has he gained or lost weight?

8. Shelly and Spaceman

Damn it...Now he is 345.
    I think he's actually heavier. He is 17.2 Lbs. His heaviest was 22 lbs. He's a big boy. Maybe he just needs a big boy dose.

I probably won't his the motherload. Not actually having a wedding but will be having a small party in the back yard complete with a guy with a mobile wood burning pizza oven to cater. I am actually going to meet him today and try his pizza. I hear it's awesome so I booked him months ago. it will be a terrible blow if his pizza sucks!

9. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

aww sending good pizza vibes to you Shelly! pssssst It's better to have a great marriage than a great big wedding :D
    is Feeburt going to be the ring bearer?

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

come on down, Feeburt!

What dose did you shoot tonight? Spreadsheet says 3.5, did you reduce?

11. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

yes, inquiring minds want to know. :D

12. Shelly and Spaceman

Not on purpose. Dh2b shot him tonight while I was out. He over drew and then over pushed out and he has been warned not to push insulin back into the vial. He didn't think it would be a big deal. I can't scold him. He took the initiative and did it on time where I was going to be 1/2 hour late.

13. Carolyn and Spot

Just a hiccup, back to regularly scheduled programming ;-)

Two things:
    What infection did Feeburt have, and are you sure it's gone?

Do you still have R? It's about time to pick some up, if not. We gotta get him out of the pink/red phase, it's starting to hurt my eyes LOL I'll help you. :)

14. Shelly and Spaceman

I'll pick some up. I don't think I want to use it until next weekend when I can be home to see how he reacts. Doesn't the slight dose decrease kind of rule out the rebound theory? So maybe at least we know we are heading in the right direction.

15. Carolyn and Spot

He's not rebounding. I've never come close to thinking he was. There are no large chunks of missing data in your SS, you've done real good getting the numbers we need to see to prove he's not been overdosed, he started low enough and he's on wet food after switching from dry. That alone should have caused some chaos if there was overdose in the picture.

Also can't remember if I said this but I think not, this morning should have been your 6th dose of 4u, but even with the accident last night, you are safe to increase tonight. He might ping around a little bit with the dose fluctuations, or he might not. Regardless, we need to get some more insulin into him.

16. Shelly and Spaceman

I agree. Done

17. Carolyn and Spot

Deal. Let's get our boy feelin good :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.