3/6 Sasha AMPS 120

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by seamist, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seamist

seamist Member

I am trying to figure out posting. Hope I did it right. Good morning to everyone.

Seamist
    Sasha's mom

2. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Yup! You did it right! Nice job!
    Looks like a wonderful amps for Sasha! :mrgreen:

When you post your daily condo (which is what you just did), its helpful for others to know how sasha is doing. It's called a WCR (whole cat report). It would look similar to what you wrote in your last post earlier this week. You might want to include things such as playing, peeing, pooping, drinking, cleaning, etc.

Do you know how low Sasha is going when you shoot a number like this? Is he staying pretty much constant?

Hope you are well, too!

3. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Wow, Sheryl, it looks like Sasha has been doing really well the last couple of day. That is very encouraging. He seems to like Lantus. Congrats!!

What was your reasoning in increasing Sasha's to 1u from .75u this morning?

4. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

You did it right :smile:

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Previous thread
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8049&p=81347#p81347

hi there!

me too - wondering why you increased dose?
    are u able to get some spotchecks today? when u have some days off or just at home, it's good idea to fill in the blanks in ur spreadsheet.
    u especially need some in the evening cycle, Sasha has been getting some nice greens, this is what u want to see, the more the better so others can guide you with dose.

hopefully you can grab a +3 in this cycle - might be good! post if u need help ok?

6. seamist

seamist Member

From previous experience, Sasha does best from 1 to 1.5 units. Of course I am hoping he will eventually not need insulin at all. His number seems to get lowest around +11. The vet is not as careful as people on FDMB, and said I only need to test his blood glucose once a month, and a curve every two months. I am trying to test twice a day as recommended by FDMB folks.

My home environment is not under good control. We have two other cats, and they eat purina cat chow. I can't afford low carb food for all. So I beg my husband not to leave the cat chow out, but he does and I have caught Sasha eating it. Then his blood glucose goes up. I try to tell my husband that cat chow is very bad for Sasha, and he seems to listen, but then he goes back to his old ways...

Seamist
    Sasha's mom

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((Seamist)))) with regards to food, you're doing the best you can with a tough situation.

Two comments: one, I see that 1.5 units left Sasha with an AMPS of 32 last month. I think it's safe to say that Sasha has outgrown that dose, so don't shoot that dose again, even if you see a high number one day. That dose might no longer be safe for Sasha.

Two, what dose were you shooting up until yesterday, was your regular dose 1.0 and you reduced to 0.75 yesterday because of the low numbers, or have you been on 0.75 for a while? I ask because I'm not even sure if Sasha needs 1 unit anymore, the 0.75 might be enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.