3/6 Stu AMPS 300, +8.5 55 PMPS 124

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?p=81341#p81341

Good Saturday Morning Everyone,
    We got our "wake up" call 1/2 hour early this morning: every morning Stu pounds on the bedroom door exactly 1 minute before the alarm goes off. This morning he must have been hungry, or cold, or responding to the increased daylight. Why don't we simply leave the door open so that he can come and go? Because he wants it closed so he can pound!! This pounding game happens several times a night. When we turn in we leave the bedroom door open. Stu comes in and pounds on the porch door (we live in a former tuberculosis cure cottage and the upstairs rooms have sleeping porches so the patients could breathe fresh air) . This is my husband's signal to go out into the hall with him, bid him "good night", and close the bedroom door. If we leave it open, Stu will just come in again and pound until someone gets up, says "good night Mr. Cat" and closes the door. Then we are OK for a few hours until Stu pounds. We let him in; he jumps up on the bed and sleeps for a while; he jumps down, pounds on the porch door; we show him the open bedroom door; he goes out; we close the door again (because otherwise he comes back in and pounds on the porch door to be let out). This "routine" has been going on ever since Stu came to live with us in 2001 at age 4 (it may be the reason why he was returned to the ASPCA twice before being adopted by us!). At first we were sleep deprived, but now we are used to it. My poor DH bears the brunt!
    Anyway, I thought it was time to begin the WCR with an account of Mr. Stu's most endearing habit!! All cat activities are good this morning and we are hoping it will be an uneventful day. Everyone enjoy your day.
    Ella & Stu

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 3/6 Stu AMPS 300

How hilarious -a cat that knocks (pounds) on doors!! Funny Home Videos--He should enter!
    You gave me a laugh to start the morning! That Stu, he wants attention! angry(2)_cat angry(2)_cat
    Your DH is an angel!! You must love Stu very much!
    Hope you see some great numbers on this Happy Caturday!!

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Re: 3/6 Stu AMPS 300, +3 148, +5 77, +6 58

Is 58 an OK number for Stu at +6? (I think it must be at or close to his nadir). I'm cautiously thinking it is OK. Have to go out for about an hour and will test again when I get back. He seems good. Thanks for advice/opinion.
    Ella

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 3/6 Stu AMPS 300, +3 148, +5 77, +6 58 concern?

If you're going out for an hour, could you leave some food out for him?

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

what Dyana said! :lol: beat me to it!

6. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Ella that story is so funny!!! My Scrabble likes to bang on our bedroom door also but he does not have quite the routine Stu does! Have a good day, nice numbers!

7. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

This is a very cute and funny story about Stu this morning.... Tizon is also a door pounder, but I've given up and leave the door open.... too much work to get up in the middle of the night.

Stu is going well today. I wonder what he'll be at when you come back....

8. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Looking at your SS I see that yes,this is about Stu's nadir!! Leave out food & I'm sure he'll be fine- He should start going up soon.-We are going out too--Moonie just got 63 at +6-- :lol: :lol: :lol: --Do grab a test when you get back OK?

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Re: 3/6 Stu AMPS 300, +3 148, +6 58 concern?, +7.5 53

I got a little more concerned at +7.5 when he hit 53 and gave him a little gravy. Will test again in a little while. Thanks for watching!
    Ella

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/6 Stu AMPS 300, +3 148, +6 58 concern?, +7.5 53

Stu just likes to surf in the 50's. :mrgreen: 50's are not a bad place to surf once you get used to it and once you're fairly sure they're not headed for the 40's (Lucy liked to try to surf 40's, I asked her to please try the 60's instead, but we had to compromise and let her surf in the 50's a lot). Nice cycle!

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Re: 3/6 Stu AMPS 300, +6 58 concern?, +7.5 53. +8.5 55

At +8.5 we're up to 55. This surfing is nerve-wracking!! I gave him a teaspoon of MC (FF Gourmet Medleys Chicken Florentine)--he inhaled it and meowed for more (didn't get it, though). I think he's going for low numbers just so he can have Fancy Feast!

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/6 Stu AMPS 300, +6 58 concern?, +7.5 53. +8.5 55

No need to feed anything except LC. Stu is surfin' the day away in a good place!

BTW, I found out from experience to not write it's an uneventful day. Like Gabby, Stu had the idea that you were bored and wanted to liven things up a bit -- as if door pounding wasn't enough!

13. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Thanks to you all! PMPS was 124, so I shot the regular dose (3 units). Good point, Sienne. I'll never wish again for an "uneventful" day! Stu enjoyed his surf, but was resting for a lot of the afternoon (getting ready for a night of pounding on doors?). See you all tomorrow.
    Ella

14. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Great PMPS for Stu....that is a funny story...guess he will just never leanr, eh? pounding on the door means you will be sent out of the room...boy, DH is a patient man, huh? You all are very funny...what we do for our kitties, right? :lol:

15. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Please do not let Logan find out about the door pounding! He is also a very demanding boy and doesn't need to learn any more tricks! Looks like Stu is doing great on this dose. Keep it up, Stu! :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.