3/6 Summers Amps=115,206+3.5,226+5,324+7.75,259+10,Pmps=238,303+2

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summers Mom, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

Summer earned a reduction yesterday so i she went from 6 units to 5 units. She started out in the low blues then a few yellows and now she is in the pink. She may be bouncing idk. We will just have to wait to see what she will do on this dose. Summer is acting and eating normal. I am keeping her baby onesie on her with a few feminine pads attached inside the onesie to give her some dryness and also extra protection from her raw area. Summer is a strong willed little kitty and you would never know she has issues. I love her with my whole heart and i just need her to be well. Prayers are still needed for my sweet girl as we try to figure this out. Thank you all for being here!!!!! :bighug:

2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad she is acting and eating normally. I hope the onesie-pad combo is a good one for her and keeps her comfortable. You are doing such a great job with your sweet girl! :bighug:

Summers Mom likes this.
  3. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

Thank you so much. I am doing my best.

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad she is doing ok with her onsie-pad outfit. I am sure it is gorgeous.

Sending healing vines and a very big wish that you find a vet that knows something about cushings in cats. I had a dog with cushings and a lot of her symptoms and issues seemed to end/reverse as soon as we had things under control. I am sure it is the same with kitties.

These are for you....:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Summers Mom likes this.
  5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I'm glad Summer is in good spirits about the whole thing. Sounds like you have a good combo with the onesie and pads. Hopefully the pads won't stick? They make huge gauze square dressings that don't stick as well. Did vet recommend any type of salve to put on the tears to keep infection from getting in?

Sending all the vines I can find for Summer. :bighug:

Summers Mom likes this.
  6. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

Thank you! This gives me some hope. Did your dog that had cushings have thin skin? My wish would be for Summer to beat this and have normal skin again.

So far the pads are doing well and not sticking. I have been spraying colloidal silver on her area several times daily. It is a natural antibiotic. When i called the vet earlier to tell him about summer he didn't say anything about her being raw when i told him and he practically blew me off because he was ready to close up for the day!!

7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Grrr! I hope you can go back to your old vet. With as many animals as you have, I would think vets would be tripping over themselves and bending over backwards to want to help you, not only are you sending them a lot of business, but you are loving and caring for more than your fair share and giving them an awesome home. I hope you find a vet that respects that and treats Summer like the feline queen she is and you like the most awesome animal companion and caretaker you are! :bighug:

8. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

Thank you for your support and very kind words. It looks like i have my work cut out for me to find a really caring vet. They are far and few in between down here in the south. And your right, Summer deserves to be treated like a Queen! She is going through so much right now and i am going to do my best to help her.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  9. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending more prayers for Summer and :bighug:.

Summers Mom likes this.
  10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

No she didn't. She had this pot belly and she would panted all the time. She drank a lot aa well and her liver was stressed with elevated values. The belly disappeared, panting and drinking decreased dramatically and her liver values became normal with some help with SAMe (if I remember that correctly). The figure she has it a long time before she was rescued and she picked us as her new guardians.

My sister had a pup with it as well and all her clinical symptoms disappeared as well with in weeks of starting the meds (vetoryl).

I believery there is hope once you can diagnose the type and then apply the needed care.

Tons of vines for Summer.

11. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Healing vines for Summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.