3/7 Latte AMPS-214, PMPS-248

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Happy Sunday LL!

last night:
    PMPS-174
    +2.5-303
    +4.5-313 (post vomit, but also few tsp babyf00d)
    +6.5-290
    AMPS-214

yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8238&p=83057#p83057

Latte took a little adventure outside on the deck this a.m. Each day I open the door for her she stands at the door, or takes one step out...sniffs...and comes back in (too cold still, I guess). this morning she had great determination to maneuver herself around the patches of snow to get to what she thought might be some lush, green grass in her pots. She was quite disappointed and then struggled to navigate her way back over the patches of snow. there was some huffing, there was some puffing, but no...she did not blow the house down! :lol: She refused my assistance, and FINALLY found her way back in to the land of water bowls and thrones! :mrgreen:

Plenty of refusals to eat last night, until finally she ate some kibble. I sprinkled treats on the bowl. She would eat the treats and a few kibble, then stand there and look at me like..."uhhhh, another please?". This went on for well over 5 minutes. Shortly after, when I was doing something in the kitchen she came in looking for supervised play with the plastic wrapper. she sat there through a late dinner with me and looked happy. Lo and behold when I walked down the hall to the bathroom there was a pile of vomit (treats and kibble). ohmygod_smile Thats why she went to the kitchen instead of her usual guarding spot in the hall...because it was covered in vomit! :? Poor thing. Gave some cerenia and tried a little babyfood an 30-45min later. She ate some kibble before bed, as if she had not eaten for days (well she had not eaten since bfast, so I imagine she WAS hungry!)

She seems good this a.m. Busy bee - walking around, sniffing, going outside, eating, drinking, visiting the litter box a few times. It is soooo great that she is still here to enjoy going out in the fresh air!!!!!!! :thumbup

Some responses from yesterday, to Winnie:
    Often times she drops. But it usually goes right back up. Last night she saw little to no effect in bg. 303-313. Though it was a delayed test - maybe 30 min after, and had a few tsp of baby food on board. Seriously, the higher the numbers, the less she budges. If she had done that with her numbers in the low 100's or dbl digits I bet she would have dropped.

I didnt see it happen, so no. Since I did not hear it either, I suspect it was a regurgitation type action...quick and to the point. She had a bit of a gurgly tummy during the day, which often leads to vomiting at some point in the near future. So I guess it should not have surprised me too much. I did jump on the cerenia immediately, because we are flirting with some pretty low numbers at the moment. If its not nipped in the bud right away, and related to anything that will be ongoing (like cp flare), then it will just go downhill from there. Ya, I couldnt tell ya the difference between vomiting from IBD, CP, MA, CRF, etc.....if its white and foamy, she has a sour stomach. If its undigested food, its likely pancreas or IBD. Dont know what the regurgitation would stem from?!?! Gurgy tummy vomit - maybe GI disease issues?!?! I think even if she could talk,she wouldnt know either! :roll:

I think she is bouncing and clearing it quickly like she used to. I dont know why the extended bounces all last month?! I can tell ya what might happen, from her history....
    1. her amps will continue to get lower and lower as she clears the bounces quicker, until one a.m. in the very near future I cannot shoot it because it is too low and/or I wont be home to monitor.
    2. I will catch her dropping below 50 during the a.m. cycle, and have to reduce.
    3. I will get squeemish with the low a.m. numbers and tweak the dose downward a tad.

Thanks for coming around and checking in on us lately, Cheryl! I hope you are doing well!!! :YMHUG:

2. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Re: 3/7 Latte AMPS-214

(((Carolyn & Latte))) Good morning to you both! Sounds like Latte is having a lovely morning :thumbup
    Droppin thru to check on you & wishing you both a Fabulous Furbaby Day!

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Latte is a brave kitty to navigate the snow and refuse assistance. Exciting for her, no doubt. She's enjoying the prospect of spring! As regards vomiting: Stu likes to eat (unidentified) weeds and garden plants and frequently then vomits them. He does it on purpose (sometimes to get rid of a hairball, sometimes just for the fun of it).
    Stu and I are wishing Latte and you a really good Sunday.
    Ella & Stu

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Carolyn
    That is a very nice start to Latte's day.
    I hope her tummy is better than yesterday and the vomiting is gone as quickly as it came.
    Such a sweet girls to still want to check outside with snow still on the ground.
    My gang have never seen the outdoors, other than through glass. They would not know what to do.
    Have a great Sunday.

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/7 Latte AMPS-214, +2~106

Such a cute story of latte's maneuverings.... :lol: i love watching kitties get through obstacles like mounds of snow.. :lol:
    Hope you guys have a great day today....
    I have been trying to invite everyone, slowly but surely, to the big St. Patty's Day party...I hope everyone can make it...we certainly are getting organized early for this party, eh? The shamrocks are all over the place now...Raja is determined to make this the best decorating job she has ever done. Can you spread the word too? I don't want to forget anyone...
    hope Alex and Lucy can come....if you see them, please tell them to keep the day free for the party! k?
    HUGS!

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Latte has been having some beautiful numbers. I hope you're getting comfortable with those greens!

7. carolynandlatte

Ya, only when I am home. :lol:

But this...THIS +3 (104), holds A LOT of promise for progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

-lower pm cycle
    -lower amps
    -LESS drop in a.m.
    =
    ?????? nailbite_smile some steadying numbers nailbite_smile ???????

please Mr. Murphy's Law dont screw with us today (or ever again for that matter)! ;-)

8. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/7 Latte AMPS-214, +2~106, +3-104, +4.5-155

So much for promise!!!! ohmygod_smile
    Did I miss something in the last 1.5hrs?!?! :?

Well, she is eating GREAT!!!! Almost halfway done with her second can of food!!!!! Unbelievable. She seems super energetic and happy. We will just go with it. :mrgreen:

9. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Good morning Carolyn and Latte. Hope she keeps that food down today. Hugs to you both. Have a wonderful Sunday. cat_pet_icon

10. carolynandlatte

Looks like the show is done over here for the day!
    +5.5-180

maybe Cheryl/winnie were right...she was not really bouncing in the evenings...and now we are moving in to the king of all rebounds. ohmygod_smile

Time to make up for some lost sleep last night, I think!

11. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 3/7 Latte AMPS-214, +2~106, +3-104, +5.5-180

Carolyn & Latte!!! SOOOOOOOOOOO Happy for you & the numbers lately :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    You have worked hard & you 2 deserve good things!!! Doing Great :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

12. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/7 Latte AMPS-214, +2~106, +3-104, +5.5-180, +8~283

wha? wha? whats happening here?! :shock:

13. carolynandlatte

Goodness! What went on today?!?!?!

amps-214
    +2-106
    +3-104
    +4.5-155
    +5.5=180
    +8-283
    +10-214 (kibble snack)
    pmps-248 (pred cycle)

Well, Latte ate great this a.m. (more than usual), she complied to MY demands for under the cover cuddle time cat_pet_icon , and I gave her a chance to go back outside...this time she had to navigate more bird poop than snow :lol: . My neighbor put a bird feeder right below her grass bed (which of course she went toward first...giving me another, "where's my grass? look). A bird scared her as it flew right by her head. It reminded me of when she was a kitten and a bird got in my apt. She hid under the bed :lol:. She came in from the back porch hungry this afternoon, so I made up some yummy wet food...she bee lined right past me for the kibble. :YMSIGH: Well, Im just glad she feels more like eating today!

I was able to open my last cartridge tonight, without fear of not being able to get more. Thank you!!!! I did this because we are maybe 1 week past our 28 days, the higher numbers she started showing out of the blue today (literally). I know it could be a bounce, but I didnt want to take the chance if I didnt need to. I also didnt want to start a new cartridge once Im back at work next week, just in case it does have a little extra punch.

I hope everyone had a great sunday and able to get outside wherever the weather was nice. :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.