3/9 Celebrating Mocha's 1st birthday without her

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mocha aka Cold Play, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mocha aka Cold Play

Mocha aka Cold Play Well-Known Member

Said goodbye just a mere 2 weeks and 2 days ago and she would have been only 9 today. Only had her for 7 1/2 of those years. But, so thankful for all the memories of her loving me as no other pet did. They all are a precious gift that cannot be compared.

Missing my baby girl so much......we said goodbye way too soon. I know others have gone thru the loss and relate.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  2. Mocha aka Cold Play

PICT0160.JPG

This was taken from one of our last trips to our old house and the pampass grass bed that she loved to play by. She loved that yard and house more than we realized.

3. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Lighting a candle for Mocha in remembrance of her 9th birthday. Let her special memories in your heart give you peace and strength on this sad day.

:bighug: ((KARI)) :bighug:

Mocha aka Cold Play and Sparkle like this.
  4. Sparkle

Sparkle Member

When I am missing one of my fur kids, I light a candle. there is something about the peaceful light and flickering that makes me feel my baby is with me.
    Love the picture and thanks for sharing your love and even today's sadness. We do know what the loss feels like.

5. Sparkle

Sparkle Member

That was very ... well, wonderful? We both brought up candles at the same time. I think Mocha is definitely feeling the love and communicating.

6. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

7. Mocha aka Cold Play

Will light a candle on the balcony today. I used to be a candle "hoarder" and proud of it until we thought we had water damage on the ceiling in our family room. The contractors said "Did you have a chimney fire?!" Ah, "no, just burned candles on the fireplace mantle and around the room here and there. After repainting the ceiling I went to candle warmers and then Mocha and Latte both were sneezing from it (despite using SOY). So, I stopped the warmer in the condo. But, the balcony and I will spend some time when I am all alone this evening and just reflect and cherish her forever. Great idea, as you know I love it.

8. Mocha aka Cold Play

I appreciate this idea and will look forward to it in moments of solitude later today and when the sun goes down. That light still goes on in our hearts doesn't it? Nothing can extinguish it.

Dyana and Sparkle like this.
  9. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

I too was a candle hoarder with exactly the same results that you described. But candles are still very special. The light from the candle and the warmth from the flame symbolize a connection (to me) between this world and the next. When hubby passed I wrote a love letter and burned it in the firepit to "send" my message to him. I hope your candle brings you peace and there will be many more lit for Mocha from your FDMB family members :bighug:

Sparkle and Mocha aka Cold Play like this.
  10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers as you remember Mocha on her birthday. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Mocha aka Cold Play likes this.
  11. Mocha aka Cold Play

Glad I am not the only one with a "chimney fire" ambiance.

I am tempted to burn inside here but we just painted everything.

I need to get more of the battery appearance candles. I had some but they are not working anymore. I would love to have that at night when I really miss her so much. I always said "Good night Mocha" and she knew what that meant and would begin to play like a screaming bandit with her pom poms. If anyone knows of a beautiful electric or battery candle, I would love to have one for just her.

I am so saddened to read of the precious loss of your husband. Hugs to you. :bighug:

I feel comfort by the love of those here.

Sparkle and Tuxedo Mom like this.
  12. Mocha aka Cold Play

Tuxedo Mom likes this.
  13. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Sending along more hugs and prayers for you during this difficult time. I hope you feel the warmth of Mocha's love...I know she is living in your heart.

14. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

Oh, Kari, my heart is breaking for you. She was so loved by you and you by her. Listen for her, she is still there in spirit. I lost a very dear kitty a few years ago and every so often I hear him meow.

15. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

((((Kari)))). Just thinking so much of you. I will also light a candle for Mocha. Thank you so much for sharing that beautiful photo of her...she looks so happy in it.

Happy birthday, Mocha! I know you miss celebrating it with your beloved mama who misses you more than you can imagine.

16. Mocha aka Cold Play

PICT0155.JPG

She loved to neck rub the pavers by the grass and all around our patio entrance. Have that on video thankfully. Love to watch her in video.

Sparkle, Suzi_S and Amy&TrixieCat like this.
  17. smilelari

smilelari Member

Sending hugs your way

18. elizabeth and gus

elizabeth and gus Well-Known Member

Sending hugs and prayers. Thank you for sharing wonderful memory. I can barely see through my tears.

19. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending hugs and prayers Kari, Mocha is not forgotten, she is still there in your heart :bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. Madeline528

Madeline528 Member

Sending hugs & prayers!!!

21. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Beautiful picture of Mocha. May she Rest in Peace.
    She will always be remembered. She will forever be in your heart. Hold on to the beautiful memories for in time they will give you great comfort.:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Michael's brother, Martin, passed 4 years ago and to this day I can hear him meow in the night. (I'm deaf in one ear and only 20% hearing in the other). Michael & I miss him very very much.

22. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Kari}}}

I know that Mocha is enjoying her birthday at the bridge, feeling healthy and free, but missing you. She's watching over you and loving you. Just let yourself feel her presence and know she's there.

Thinking of you. :bighug:

Sparkle and Mocha aka Cold Play like this.
  23. Mocha aka Cold Play

@Tuxedo Mom
    @Sparkle
    @Marje and Gracie

I found it peaceful to light a pure white candle on the balcony last evening at dusk. That would be the time we would have spent on our old porch to take in the night air that smelled like spring. Thanks for that thought. It helped me recall precious memories to tuck in my heart.

24. Nancy and Scotty

Nancy and Scotty Member

She looked so much like a female version of Scotty, I know you must miss her so much. I was worrying about you yesterday so am glad to see your post. I will be thinking of you both.

25. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

((((Kari)))), There's a special corner of your heart that belongs just to Mocha. She's always there with you. What a beautiful picture of your beautiful girl. May your candles bring you much peace as you remember her on her birthday.

Hugs to you and scritches for Latte,

Ella & Rusty

26. Hedwig and Stef

Hedwig and Stef Member

Sending you love and hugs. Gorgeous kitty, who is always there in your heart with you. <3 :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.