3 years ago......

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sherry & Zoe (GA), Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Hello FDMB

3 years ago on 11/14/08 we got the diagnosis of Feline Diabetes and I was so scared, upset and well, you all know the feelings. 3 years ago on 11/15/08 I found FDMB....and read the sentence that Feline Diabetes IS treatable and IS NOT a death sentence....reading that sentence was the first time in 24 hours that I was able to breathe. The relief I felt at reading those simple words was immeasurable. 3 years ago on 11/15/08 Zoe got her first BG check at home (little did we know or understand that is was the first of 1000's). 3 years ago today 11/18/08 Zoe got her first injection of Lantus. Today, Zoe is a happy, purry, playful kitty....and I owe it all to the wonderful people here in FDMB. You saw me through the initial panic, through the first ear pokie....taught me about nutrition and LC foods; taught me to fake it, when I was terrified about poking her ear; you've held my hand and talked me down when I was upset; you've been with us throught the ups (going OTJ after 6 weeks) and the downs (going back on insulin after 2 years).....Thank You doesn't seem to be enough...but it is all I can offer....Zoe and I appreciate everything we have learned and everyone who has helped us along our journey.

Thank you to everyone on FDMB......and to all newbies reading this, it does get better and easier.

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

and zoe is doing so so so good! Love reading about zoe each day! This site is amazing, all these people coming together for the health and well being of all these little furbabies .. what a great place to be when you are doing the sugar dance ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.