30/12 Checkers AMBG 67

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lukewithcats, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukewithcats

Lukewithcats Member

checkers got the night off, he deserved it and wanted it badly. After yesterday he got very sick of having his blood tested so often so he got no testing last night, not ideal but he shouldnt suffer for my mistakes.

His BG is pretty low this morning, hopefully he was ok last night and didnt have any low bg issues. I didnt increase the carbs in his food last night by adding 1/3rd can of FF like i had been since he was skipping a dose I figured better to see how he is to normal food since if he ever gets OTJ i doubt i'll be adding extra carbs. I do it now just so he has a way to self regulate which he has problems with when eating low carb food.

I dont particularly want to dose him this morning with such a low BG, i do have to go into work today so can't be around like always but i probably wont be gone more then 4 hours or so. I think i have found a good way to dose him regularly by using 3 test strips stacked ontop of eachother and then using the thickness of that stack like you would use calipers and just ignoring the side of the syringe with lines on it but still its a bit experimental and i preferr to do experimental stuff when i'm around like yesterday morning thankfully.

yesterdays hell

2. Lukewithcats

Lukewithcats Member

well looks like must be quiet on here this morning. I'll go ahead and skip with such a low BG. maybe i'll dose him alittle early tonight so i can keep my eye on him for a decent amount of time.

Gill & George likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Since you have to go to work, it's probably a good idea to skip to keep him safe.

Lukewithcats likes this.
  4. Andy & Pimp

Andy & Pimp Well-Known Member

Hey Luke sorry no one around, I just got out of bed for amps myself. I think skip is definitely a good choice today. Enjoy another worry free day:)

Lukewithcats likes this.
  5. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Skipping seems a good choice as you can't be around to monitor. Good luck with the PM shot tonight

6. Lukewithcats

Lukewithcats Member

with a day off maybe i'll make it to the hardware store for some calipers finally. not sure i need them but might be nice to atleast look and see if i think they are worth having around.
    no probs i think i can handle stuff myself now i just like to check in so people can tell me if i'm being stupid, best the newer people get more attention. I didn't expect such a low BG this morning but then i can never forsee anything checkers does. I hope pimp has a good day, hopefully he gets used to the AB and comes down but if not only one more week atleast.

Andy & Pimp likes this.
  7. Shelly & Jersey (GA)

Shelly & Jersey (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if it's almost time to start an OTJ trial. I'm not sure if that low number yesterday should "count" for a reduction due to the double shots and recent reduction from .25u. I'm flagging some of the members who commented on your post yesterday for their thoughts: @Marje and Gracie, @Sienne and Gabby (GA), @Jill & Alex (GA), @Chris & China

8. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Just so you know if you choose to dose early that is fine but the AM needs to be 12 hours from tonights shot :) With Checkers and you not being home, skipping is a good choice!

9. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I think he's tired of 'au juis'... :) Good choice Luke - you've got a handle on this.

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I don't think I'd count what happened yesterday.

Is he close to an OTJ trial? Yes, he's close. How close? That remains to be seen.
    I'd wait to see where Checkers is at shot time tonight before making any decisions.

Just my opinion...

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I agree with Jill. The possibility of a double dose makes the picture a lot less clear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.