? 3am testing. Feeding tips?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Susan G & Jimmy G, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan G & Jimmy G

Susan G & Jimmy G Member

Tonight's the night I'm going to find out what is happening with my buddy Jimmy during the night. I usually leave some food out around 9ish. Tonight - should I forego that food? I will prob go to bed around 11pm and set my alarm for 3am. This way I know he would not have grazed/eaten. His AMPS/shot happens at 5:30 am. I haven't figured out his nadir yet and it's time! This 11pm-5:30 am timeframe is a mystery and I think we need it to fill in part of the puzzle.

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I would stick to normal routines - that is what you need the information on right? The only differences is that you will be up!

3. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Pulling the food will tell you the actual response over the cycle altho' it won't be his 'normal' cycle. Just getting up at 3am is going to interrupt his normal night, not having food there when he wakes is a confusion BUT, on the other hand, it's data you need. Go for it! I don't leave food out when I go to bed but I do get up at 3am and feed Doc.

HUGS too!

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I was just thinking - what is "normal"? Sweet kitties always seem to have something up their leg - just to throw you off when you think you have "normal" figured out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.