4/04/13 Rags My Big Boy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by yo hon, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yo hon

yo hon Member

7:00 a.m. eastern - AMBS- 217

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Morning Becki!

See that your AMPS was 217 this morning

Feed as normal, test again after food to see how the AMPS has risen

3. yo hon

yo hon Member

Good Morning, he is eating like a piglet !!!

May I ask why we are testing him right after he eats ? Yes, to see if it went up, but why wouldn't it ?

Where were you yesterday, hmmmmm???

4. Deb & Wink

Had to work yesterday so had to leave by 8:30 at the latest. Gone until about 5. Then taking care of my cats. I'm on a Wednesday, Saturday work schedule and also have some volunteer work every Friday where I'll be gone before 5:30 am thru the end of May. Other work days this month too.

You'll notice several of my posts in your condo last night.

By the way, Carl is on his early morning shift this week. He has to be up by 4:30 every morning this week. He was waiting up for you last night past his 10 PM beddy-bye time. Waiting to know when you shot.

ETA: Testing to be safe of course, the 217 is a low number and yes we expect it to go up but can never assume it will. You know what they say about assume? Assume makes an a** out of u and me.

5. yo hon

yo hon Member

sorry I took so long getting back to you, but I was looking for my post at 10:00 p.m. that's when I gave him his shot, posted it. Carl said the page turned or something, we were are page two. After I posted I sat and waited up til 10:30 for a reply. there was no one on line, so I signed off and went to bed.
    Maybe when I submitted it, it didn't submit, I don't know. All I know is I DID post it. That does happen .

I'm gonna give Rags2 units at 8:00, then I have to go get blitter, food for them etc, Is the shot OK ?

His BG 291, sorry about that.

6. Deb & Wink

What was the post food number? I'm not willing to assume anything here, after all, Rags is a cat. And they do what they want.

Want it to be safe so you can go get your " blitter" ;-)

7. yo hon

yo hon Member

Deb. please read my po sts to you and you will see what his number was. 291 I told you i DO post all me numbers.

8. Deb & Wink

Becki,

If you edit a previous post, it is not obvious what you changed. If someone else has responded, we are expecting an answer lower down in the thread, not having to look back up and search. In fact, there is a little feature that will take you to the "last unread post" in the thread. That's what I usually do. It doesn't work if you have edited a previous post to take you back to that previous post. It takes you to the last place on the page. For me, that would be at the end of my response to you, not back up to your edit.

That 291 number is too low yet. He can drop 300+ points in a couple of hours. At least he has in the past. When do you need to leave?

9. yo hon

yo hon Member

8;30, but first I have t0 get ready. She is picking , +4 was 110 +6 173me up.

He was 178 and we gave him 2 units on 3/24/13 +2 was 106

I edited the post right after i submitted it, I realized I'd forgotten the number.

10. misty1477

misty1477 Well-Known Member

Becki,

Soooo glad to see you have a vet appointment on Saturday. :D

I hope vet will let you try ProZinc on Rags. I think you and Rags will be able to have better days with it. ProZinc is so much easier to use and understand when it comes to dosing/testing/feeding. AND it just might be better for Rags' system.

Wishing you luck and sending :YMHUG:

11. Deb & Wink

Laughing my a** off here!

You edited it, I read it and responded before you finished the edit and submit. Too funny! Cross posting.

Guess I was too quick on responding this morning. Quick draw McDeb this morning.

Look back on 4/2. that was the delayed shot morniing. He dropped 253 points in less than 2 hours. Unless I know he is higher than that, I won't tell you to give 2 units.

You know what I want and you should want it too. another test and seeing him in the high 300's or 400's

so, test again for Rags. Poky morning for him today but we need to do that to keep him safe.

12. yo hon

yo hon Member

Misty, thank you for your hugs and encouragement. I DO appreciate all the help and kind loving words the board memebers send out. I hope your baby can get off this insulin as well. Hugs to nyou and your baby. I don't know how to use the "smiles" yet, but I'm sure I'll learn !

Becki & Rags

13. Deb & Wink

Becki, please see my request above your response to Misty and even above Misty's post to you.

You have ten minutes here and then I got to go. and your on your own.

14. yo hon

yo hon Member

I "thought" his shot was to be 1/2 hour after he was done eating. That was almost an hour ago, Deb.

Pat yourself on the back, you're quick with the responses ! ha,ha. laugh,laugh.

You want me to get this now ? or at 8:30 ?

15. Deb & Wink

A test right now is good. No need to wait till 8:30 just want to see that highver number becaasue he cann drop like a rock over 300 points and he is not over 300 points now.

16. Deb & Wink

shot 1/2 hour after reading is only a general rule

He was low this am so need more tests.

this is called 'stalling' or waiting

yes, BG has risen a little, but you are leaving and won't be around to catch a hypo.

17. yo hon

yo hon Member

BG 426 Now he will go sky HI all day, right ?

18. Deb & Wink

Ok, NOW I'm comfortable with you giving him the 2u

Go for the shot

19. yo hon

yo hon Member

8:32 a.m.eastern 2 units given. over and out, gotta go. Thanks !

20. Deb & Wink

21. yo hon

yo hon Member

2:03 p.m. BG- 321

Insulin given at 8:30 - 2 units

22. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

That's a great number for Rags. Go ahead and feed him what he wants to eat, hopefully he is hungry and won't take long to eat.

Will look on again for a number after he has eaten. Never take it for granted that food will always spike them up. My cats have taught me that lesson.

23. yo hon

yo hon Member

Hope are we staying on scheduke ? I haven't fed him yet because of when he got insulin this a.m. @ 8:30.

24. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Schedules can change when work is involved. How about feed him now, then test at 3:00 after eating, then post # back...

25. yo hon

yo hon Member

o.k., Hope he is eating now. Will get back as soon as he is done.

26. yo hon

yo hon Member

2:49 BG 493 ate 3/4 can ff with water

27. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Okay, let's just stick with the 2 units for now. okay? Shoot 2 units.

28. yo hon

yo hon Member

ok. I'll give it to nhim at 3:15 p.m. that's 1/2 hour after he ate'

29. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Okay, that will be fine.

30. Deb & Wink

31. yo hon

yo hon Member

3:15 p.m. eastern 2 units given

32. Deb & Wink

33. yo hon

yo hon Member

yes, Deb, so far so good on the strips, and THANK YOU SO MUCH for everything you have done for my boy !!!!

as for the pics, that's why I thought Carl told me to e-mail them to him so he could put them on. I thought he said it would be easier that way. I wondered why he didn't do it last night. i feel bad that he stayed up last night waiting for my reply, but I swear, I DID post it and wondered why no one answered me. i waited and waited, then noticed no one was on line except me and 6 guests, so I blogged off and tried to go to bed. I too get up EVERY day at 4:30 a.m. but i do NOT get to bed at 10:00 EVER !!!! If I do, my girl, Freeway keeps me up crying or banging kitchen cabinet doors.

34. Deb & Wink

35. yo hon

yo hon Member

NO, NOT MIDNIGHT ALL NIGHT !!!!! Since about approx. six months ago this all started with the crying ( sometimes she sounds like someone is trying to kill her ) she just turned 17 and is losing her hearing too. I'm sure that has ALOT to do with it. She slept with me for 14 years, now she won't.

36. Becki,
    I asked you to send me your pics so that I could shrink one down so that you can post it as your "avatar". I picked one and emailed it back to you with instructions for how to use it as your avatar pic. I can't do that for you. It requires your username and password for the board to make changes to your profile. But if you follow those instructions, you can get it out there!

I can however post the two pictures that I didn't use. One of Rags (the one with the scary eyes! :lol: ) and one of Freeway who seems to be napping after keeping you up all night! :lol: .

So, now everyone can see your beautiful babies!

First, the door-banging loud-crying Freeway:

And the "extra sweet" Rags:

Attached Files:

37. misty1477

misty1477 Well-Known Member

Becki,

I love your kitties.....sooooo cute. cat_pet_icon

Misty

38. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Rags is beautiful! :smile:

39. Becki, I'm going to post the 3rd pic too. I want everyone to be able to see Rags' tail. Bob saw it and said "hey, what's that? I want that!" :lol:

Attached Files:

40. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Becki!
    Beautiful babies! Rags and KT both have "THE Tail"! It is SO unique!

HUGS!!

41. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Becki,

Beautiful kitties, glad to see of picture of your boy Rags, Freeway is handsome too, I had a cat named Andy( he used to bang to cupboard doors) that looked just like him. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Terri

42. yo hon

yo hon Member

Carl, thank you for posting all my pics. I looked in PM and e-mail and can't find the one you sent back. Also, I did post Rags shot last night and sat and waited and waited and kept refreshing, and no one was on line except me and 6 guests, so by about 10:30 I gave up I was very tired, cause I too get up every morning at 4_4:30 a.m. I don't know what happened with my post. I went thru all of them and could not find it either. I'm thinking maybe it didn't submit, sometimes it doesn't, I don't know why ? I am very sorry for making you lose sleep, but I did not do it on purpose, I really thought it posted. Wondered why no one was getting back to me. That's when I looked to see who was on line, no one !!!

I will try to get Rags picture on, thanks so much!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

43. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Not sure if you saw this yesterday, regarding his weight and how much to feed.

44. yo hon

yo hon Member

Thank you All for the kind comments about my kids. My girl, Freeway just turned 17 on April 01. She is my April Fool Baby. She was MY baby, the rest found me.

45. yo hon

yo hon Member

BJ, I was looking real good at my boy Rags today and OMG, He looks like he did before all 16 lbs. of him. He looked like hell last week. This food evidentally is enough for him or very fattening. Really, he looked bad, now he looks fat, but his fur is knotting up and flaking bad from the dry skin.

He goes to Dr. Ritter on Sat we'll see what says.

46. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

When one of my long haired kitties has mats, I use a wide toothed comb, place my fingers around some fur, right next to the skin, and use the comb to work on the outer edges of the mat, inward. (its similar to what I do when my hair gets all tangled - start at the outer edge and slowly work inward!)

I've used a seam ripper to divide large mats into smaller ones and sometimes have used a mat cutter - a comb with one side that is sharp like a razor - to cut through a mat, always keeping my finger between the skin and anything sharp.

If he tends to get grumpy when you do this, use a low carb treat, or maybe do some while he is slowly eating his food.

47. yo hon

yo hon Member

Bj I just cut them out they are so bad and he does NOT like it when take his beautiful hair. Tried to pull it apart carefully. have a furminator, he just will not tolerate brushing, he swats at me. brushing with any kind of brush. AS I've said out of 13 cats, I've NEVER had one with his kind of personality. He quite a different cat, but I love him so much !@

48. yo hon

yo hon Member

Carl just can't do it, sorry i did try. thank you for the info. i'll keep working on it.

49. Becki,
    Who helped you add the spread sheet to your signature? Was it Marje?

50. yo hon

yo hon Member

9:00 p.m. eastern PMPS - 180 and eating

51. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

The furminator pulls out the under coat, not just loose fur, attached fur. If you're too aggressive with it, it can hurt from pulling out so much (I accidentally did that to one of my cats)

That's why I went to a wide toothed comb and a mat cutter.

52. Deb & Wink

53. yo hon

yo hon Member

BJM you ans. my quest. from an hour ago, but said nothing about his PMBS that i posted atb 9:05 p.m.

i guess i will hold his insulin. he ate 1 1/2 cans ff with water, i'll test him in an 1 hr and a half is that ok ?

54. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Becki, why are you waiting an hour and a half? He's eaten, test him if it has been a half hour since the food and post back his number please.

55. yo hon

yo hon Member

he just got done eating, that's why i said an hour and a half that I would test him.

56. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

At 9:05 you said he was eating and now it is 9:46 and he is through eating. You have your half hour of food already. Please do a test now.

57. Deb & Wink

58. Deb & Wink

59. yo hon

yo hon Member

10:00 p.m. BG 298

sorry it took so long but he ran from me and hid. I was testing when Deb called and told me I got kicked off the board.

60. Deb & Wink

61. yo hon

yo hon Member

what was wrong with what I wanted to do with an hour and a half when I knew what happened this morning. The same exact thing Deb. i knew where it would be in that short time and knew you would want him tested again. I Just do not want to keep hurting him that's all, somebody has look out for my boy.

yeah, I'll take it again, he is right here with me and won't let him run away this time, I'm on to him. See now he is scared and runs and hides, which he wasn't doing before.

62. Deb & Wink

63. Deb & Wink

64. yo hon

yo hon Member

no we are NOTstalling we are doing what we are told.
    10;30 p.m. BG 310..now are you happy ? good number

65. Deb & Wink

66. Deb & Wink

67. Becki,
    We're very sorry to confuse you with "board language" that uses words that mean something completely different to anyone who doesn't" speak fdmb language" yet.

'Stalling" and "kicked off the board" for instance.

We all knew what Deb was saying, but it wasn't clear to you. Sorry from all of us.

Just wait till one night I come on and say "Okay, it's time to play Poke The Kitty" :lol:

I will catch up with all of you tomorrow:)

68. yo hon

yo hon Member

I thought you said I was kicked off the board ? Why only .05 unit and feed him, won't he go higher and need more insulin ? Will he make it through the nite with the '1/2 UNIT? That really scares me. Please explain why you are doing this ? i need To know !!!! he also ate more tonite than he usually does.

69. Deb & Wink

70. yo hon

yo hon Member

you always serm to say the wrong thing then have an excuse for it. get it right and watch the way you word things, wiil ya ?

71. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Time for everyone to get some sleep, I think!

See you in the morning.

72. yo hon

yo hon Member

11:00 - .05 units given. 1/4 can ff with water.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.