4/1 Oliver pmps 416 +2~382 +4~344 +6~329

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo for Oliver

Too high a start to the day for Oliver; he even meowed. Poor guy.
    Because Shadoe's coasting in OK land, I take care of him first at shots and testing times. I don't like the 500s; hoping TOR will help him. It did not do all that much on the 24th,but maybe this time .25u will do something.

Oliver is a VERY healthy breakfast eater; he is getting very pushy in the morning and it's hard to walkaround in the kitchen - he's literally right beside my legs until he gets something to EAT :evil: Immediately after he is tested, he gets a full can of friskies, and it disappears. Then after I have done Shadoe's test and both shots, Oliver is given a 3oz can of SophCat of which he has a bit and then he goes for his LB dump followed by the morning sprawl across some inconvenient doorway.

Everyone is sleeping now after shots and foods, so it's safe for me to have MY breakfast now.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/1 Oliver amps 515

You're such a good bean! I do hope Oliver decides he likes the lower floors better -- especially since he won't be quite so hungry once he's better regulated.

These guys do seem to be able to mind the most inconvenient spots to claim as "theirs," don't they?

3. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/1 Oliver amps 515 +2~434 +3~403 +4~374 +5~335

I get a smile everytime I read your stories about Oliver, Shadoe & Booboo.
    I really hopes he gets out of those 500's for PS soon but he is coming down.
    Slowly but I know he is isn great hands.

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 4/1 Oliver amps 515 +2~434 +3~403 +4~374 +5~335

It`s like pulling molars, but he`s inching down and acting a bit better. We are on just cycle2 for this dose, so we need to give it a chance, but any highs will have to call for TOR to get him down a bit; there is no need for him to suffer while we work towards his good dose.

He`s been shedding alot, so I have been grooming him with my wet hand method that cuts down on all the flyaway hairs. All I do is pat and scratch him all over but with wet hands. It takes several trips to the sink to rinse the hairs off, but it gets the job done and it will help to prevent possible furballs. Oliver seems to like it, too!
    He`s all freaky happy and joins in to lick off the moisture and maybe put on the finishing touches with his bath. Neither Shadoe nor Booboo are much in the shedding dept so this is something new.

His coat must be quite warm as there are 2 spots where he can be found: under the sofa or the bed on the cool wood floors.

He's also starting to get "particular" with foods, and he definitely does not like salmon flavor anything. I tried ff and friskies and he rejected both but Shadoe ate them just fine. Good to know. And snacks have to be steamed chicken cubes because those dry things, pure bites, don`t get touched. I get the look like "So, what exactly do you want me to do with these?"

Tests done and recorded, everyone is sleeping again, back to work for me.

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/1 Oliver amps 515 +3~403 +6~328

lol! another kitty besides alex who doesn't like salmon flavored food/treats!
    looks like oliver likes the trampoline. we'll just have to take it away from him. :D

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 4/1 Oliver amps 515 +3~403 +6~328 pmps 416

Not much to say about Oliver's numbers; he's still high flat pink, and just lies around alot. He's eating and using the LB just fine, but that's about it.
    This pm shot is cycle3.

Attached Files:

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 4/1 Oliver amps 515 pmps 416 +2~382 +4~344

I just wish his numbers were not stuck so high; I honestly don't expect to see much of a change, but time will tell.

8. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

When my 1st diabetic Max was first DX, and running high numbers, he would stay in the basement on the tile floor. He clearly wanted a cool spot. I took that as one of the clinical signs of high numbers.

Please tell Oliver Auntie Venita is worried about him and wants him DOWN DOWN DOWN.

9. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Venita,
    I have told him now, and he is sitting by the open window catching some nice breeze.
    I have posted a bunch of pictures of him and the other cats tonite that you can see on fb.

He's doing well, but we are still looking for his good dose. I am thinking it will be where he was when he arrived, at 3u, and we are close to that already.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Funny you should say that. If you look at the protocol, you can increase Oliver's dose as soon as 2 days/4 cycles and bring it up as much as 0.5u given that his nadir has not been below 300. If you're going to be around to test tomorrow PM, you could raise his dose to 3.0u then.

11. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Thanks Sienne,
    Yes, I'll be around all weekend to test, but don't expect much of a reaction from the big guy too quickly, much as wish it so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.