4/12 Aurora AMBG 56

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole Z, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole Z

Nicole Z Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone!
    I decided to spot check Aurora this morning and her AMBG was 56! I checked her this past weekend and she was 96 which was a little high for an AMBG so I was happier to see today’s being much lower! Not sure why but she’s had some soft poops the past few days – no change in food or anything. I usually help her clean her tush because of her being a little chubby she has a hard time cleaning her nether regions. I have noticed when I use a wet papertowel that she will sit down on it and almost make a skooting motion. Any ideas if her anal glands are full if that might contribute to soft poops? I don’t even know how to check that nor do I really want to learn that task on how to drain them :eek:
    I started her on a b12 injection, I figure I give it to Mulan so why not. It can’t hurt.

Last – another cat group I’m part of mentioned a really good docu series called The Truth about Cancer in Pets – it’s a 7 part docu series, I found it on you tube – they cover everything from the foods we feed, vaccinations which are necessary and which are dangerous and all sorts of other topics. I haven’t started watching it yet, but am looking forward to it very much!

Hope everyone is well!

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I almost missed your condo!! That is great Aurora is staying nice and low!!

@Bobbie And Bubba has talked about anal glands. Hmm, who else? I think it may be @Stacy & Asia.

Stacy & Asia and Nicole Z like this.
  3. Nicole Z

Thanks! I'll keep a watch out for other replies hopefully!

4. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Yes, Asia has had this problem, a few times. As far as I understand, impacted anal glands don’t lead to soft poops, it’s the other way around. When the poop isn’t hard enough, it can’t push past the anal glands to express them. Maybe try adding some pumpkin to bulk up the stools, but if it doesn’t resolve really soon, go to the vet and have it checked out, you don’t want to risk infection, especially with OTJ. It can lead to horrible and graphic problems you really don’t want to know about :eek: ..but you need to, and @Bobbie And Bubba can fill you in. ;)

@Amy&TrixieCat also has experience with this.

Hope Aurora feels better soon and happy to hear remission is going well, may it continue forever! :cat:

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  5. Nicole Z

Thanks! I'll give her some of the tiki cat aloha friends with pumpkin - I love that food because the pumpkin is already added. She refuses to eat it from a spoon or mixed into anything.

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice numbers for Aurora! I had a cat with anal gland problems and it was not fun. It is my understanding also that if the poop isn't hard enough the anal glands don't get naturally expressed. When that happens it can lead to an anal gland infection that can rupture and well, it's ugly and messy and kitty needs to be on an AB.

It could be that the wiping of her bum is making her itch a bit and that is why she is scooting on the wet paper towel as it feels good. If she continues to have diarrhea / and make that scooting gesture, it might be worth a vet trip.

Carla and Furball signed up for the pets and cancer series and shares each link with us. However, they are only good for 24 hours and then the link doesn't work anymore. Are you saying that we can Utube the series and watch at our leisure. I would love to see them all.

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

What a beautiful AMBG!!!

Nicole Z likes this.
  8. Nicole Z

I was able to find them in you tube. I started to listen to series one for 10 min Yesterday at work and decided I’d rather see it in the screen as well so I’ll save it for the weekend or evenings to watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.