4/12 Floyd AMPS Hi, +2 434, +4 328, +5 483, PMPS 586

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Janine & Floyd (GA), Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Janine & Floyd (GA) Member

Yesterday

After that PMPS in the yellow yesterday, I thought we might be having a PJ party last night, but Floyd had other plans.....

"He's a Rocket Cat, burning out his fuse up here alone
    And I think it's gonna be a long long time" before we get him regulated.....

2. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

I have a bouncey cat too. He'll start bouncing a little less dramatically - hopefully soon.

Now come on Major - no more black!

Janine & Floyd (GA) likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Yes, he's a Space Oddity indeed! :smuggrin: I ask you -how did David Bowie know so much about FD???
    (huge Bowie fan)

4. Janine & Floyd (GA)

We have some movement! Come down to Earth, buddy!

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  5. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Maybe he want's to be called Tom??;):p
    I'm glad he is out of those blacks, he sure likes to drop fast. I hope he soon gives up the trampoline and takes up surfing.
    Hang in there.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Janine & Floyd (GA)

483 @ +5!!! What the heck, cat! :arghh:

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Now that you are at 5 units total dose, the next increase will be by 0.5 units. Sometimes at that size dose you would increase at 0.25 units if you were just tweaking an already pretty good dose, but that's not where Floyd is at now. He needs the big guns. Think of the increases as a percentage of the dose. Sticking with the approximately 10% increase seems to help tether them more to Earth.

Those fast drops can often cause worse bounces than going to lower numbers. I wonder if giving him a little bit of carbs for his second meal might slow him a down a bit. Not sure how you would do that with home made raw. I fed some manufactured raw that had a bit of carbs from veggies. And some meats are higher carb by nature, such as kangaroo. Not sure you can get that in the US though.

I think Floyd wants you to take a break from testing the rest of the day. :rolleyes:

Gill & George likes this.
  8. Janine & Floyd (GA)

OK, so no more testing till PMPS and up to 5.5 tonight then.

I can investigate some other options to add more carbs. I have to consider the Phos also. I'll check Janet & Binky's list. Thanks!

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Dr. Lisa's list is much more current than Janet & Binky's. And she has a sortable version which helps.

10. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Oops, that's what I meant. I didn't know about the sortable version though. Thanks!

11. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Increased to 5.5 units tonight. I'll be trying 1/4 can of FF Classics for his second dinner portion until I can get a low phos canned food.

Mr. Floyder McBoyder and I will be having a very stern talk about this whole debacle as well.

12. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Floyd is awfully fond of 50% drops. I hope this new dose helps flatten the star man a bit for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.