4/15 Rusty AMPS 162, +5.5 105, PMPS 134, +4.5 71

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good Evening, L&LL,

Rusty did not have a good day. His breathing was very loud and raspy and he didn't eat anything until the late afternoon. His breathing was a bit better by then, also. Tomorrow or Tuesday, roads permitting (we are still under a winter weather advisory and the roads are very icy from the combination of rain, sleet, freezing rain, and snow), we will go to the vet for another shot of Depo Medrol. It is 3 weeks since the last one, so he is allowed to get another. I don't know how much longer we can keep this up, but if Rusty responds as well as he did to the last one, he will have much improvement in breathing and appetite.

We never even got out of the house today except to fill the bird feeders. I walked on the icy walk (it looks like styrofoam, but is icy snow/snowy ice). I wore my microspikes and you couldn't even see the imprint of the spikes! Lots of birds were at the feeders: the usual winter residents (Chickadees and Nuthatches), the sometimes winter residents (Goldfinches; Junkos), and an assortment of newly arrived migrants: Song Sparrows, Cardinals, Robins). Of course the squirrels were all here. Didn't see the deer today, however.

The winter weather is everywhere, it seems, and we hope that all of you are safe and warm.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Rusty didn't have a good day. I hope his breathing is better tonight and you can get the Depo shot soon and it helps. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Adding Vines and more vines. Hope Rusty’s breathing improves.

Yesterday was like late spring/early summer. Today bitter cold and now freezing rain. The birds at our feeder undaunted, too, and the snow drops have yielded to emerging near-budding daffodils.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

We won't see any "spring" flowers until sometime in May. But it will be worth the wait.

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Wishing Rusty a good evening and night with better breathing and eating.
    I hope the weather clears and his shot of Depo Medrol works just as well as last time :cat:

:bighug:

6. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I, too, hope the shot will improve his rattley breathing.....

appy vines, breakting vines, and safe driving vines...

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I hope your weather improves so that Rusty can visit the vetty-bean for his Depo Medro. Sending Rusty some easy-breathing vines!

8. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Lotsa vines for our LagoonMeister. Hope you can get safely to the vet and the shot does its thing. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
    Liz

9. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Many prayers to sweet Rusty :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Sending prayers and vines for good appy, breathing, and just all-around goodness. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending good breathing vines and prayers for the Depo shot to help. Love you Rusty:bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Sending vines, as always, and hoping for a good result from the Depo shot.

13. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines for Rusty. Same winter storm left us 10 inches of snow back here in Wiscony. We had a "house" day also. Everybody at the bird feeders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.