? 4/15 Sake, AMPS/116, PMPS/127, +5/86 (Should we hold the dose for another wk?)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by jerzgrrrl72, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerzgrrrl72

jerzgrrrl72 Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...6-71-1st-curve-is-un-fait-de-complete.194154/

Good morning, Everyone. if I understand how it all works correctly, yesterday's curve (numbers wise) seems to have been a success :cat: Sake and I are still pretty sleepy from our late night testing though, so we'll both be going back to bed really soon...

In looking at yesterday's curve. if I understand everything correctly, Sake's nadir is PM+6/71, and her zenith is AMPS/157? This would mean that her nadir is below 90. Per SLGS, normally, we would decrease the dose by .25, right? Personally, I think that given the fact that her week of being on the .5U was interrupted by my panic moment when I stupidly upped it to .75, we should hold the dose another week. I won't be able to do another curve on her next weekend because my son will be with me, & that would be completely impossible, but I can test her 3-4 times/day for the next 7 days (it won't always be 4 because I can't always come home for lunch.) Then if her #s are the same, I could decrease by .25, and do a curve on her on Sat, the 28th, or hold the dose at .5, do a curve on her on the 28th, compare the 2, and then, either hold/decrease the dose.

What do you guys think?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If following SLGS you should decrease. It’s been three days since you gave .75 so in my opinion that isn’t causing the nadir to be under 90.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  3. Juliet

Juliet Guest

@tiffmaxee is right. If you're following SLGS you decrease any time they go under 90.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.