4/16/2019 PHOEBES Update:

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Phoebes (GA), Apr 16, 2019.

1. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Can't remember last I posted, Phoebes numbers have been beautiful on 5 units. She has become more purry, plays with her favorite stick with the feather nubbin on it. Drags it around house like a snake. Sings to her hearts content at Mr. Toaster Oven. She is my world. I love her like no other. She's my heart and soul kitty. You all get it.
    Took to vets 2 weeks ago, she gained more weight, up to 15.2 pounds. Took her in to get a "private" shave to save on all the dingle berries we had been seeing. Come to find out they are not dingleberries, it's tumor.
    The size of a small raspberry just above her who ha. The vet looked at it under scope,said it is cancerous. Don't know what kind, they could do surgery but because of the location they couldn't guarantee any clean margins. So it would grow back. So I think my girl has finally had enough. This kills me to even say it, but we will be putting her down. Just not sure of date.
    The vet gave her antibiotics, said sometimes the tumors will respond to the anbiotics and cortisone. cream. There was a little white cells in the sample she scrapped. That was a week ago. Still no sign of one or the other.
    Even if money wasnt an issue, I would not have the surgery because of the location. Hopefully it does not grow bigger and start to block her ability to urinate. So right now my beautiful sweet girl is on borrowed time.
    I just wanted you all to know. I'm sorry i have not kept up here, it's been a lot to handle. My heart is broke. Shattered. You would never know with her pudgy cheeks she was even sick.
    We are going to just love her like really there's no tomorrow. She will be spoiled and loved like crazy before she leaves this world. I promised her I would never let her suffer. Thank you to those who have continued to hold us up in prayer.
    I think of all of you daily my friends. When I know the date I will post, so that there can be strength for me to fulfil my promise to her. Bless you all. Love, Phoebes Angela

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((( Angela and Phoebe )))))

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear such heartbreaking news.

Hopefully she has a good quality of life for many days to come :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Oh Phoebe :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

I’m sorry to hear this, Angela. But I’m glad Phoebe is doing so well despite the tumour. I hope her time left with you is long and full of happiness.

5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Oh Angela, it’s 3:30 in the morning, just testing Leo and happened to see your post. I am so very sorry. It’s the worst decision to have to make but obvious it was made out of love and trying to prevent Phoebes needless pain. I’m crying…my heart goes out to you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Angela I'm so sorry. Just make the most of each day and try not to think about the future. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Angela I am so so sorry to hear this, my heart breaks for you, sending lots of healing prayers to you all

8. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

I am so sad for the diagnosis, but how wonderful that Phoebe is playful and purry :) Thinking of you with love, Nikki

9. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no... I'm so sorry, Angela, this is utterly devastating news. You've been such an amazing mamabean for her-- I remember how frail she was not so long ago, but your dedication and love has brought her to full strength and happiness. And now this... heartbreaking.

I hope that her robustness and the happy purrs mean that it will be a long time before things progress and you have to make that call. Spoil her rotten as long as you can. We'll be here for you when it's time.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I have no words only tears. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

12. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

God Bless:bighug::bighug: You have an amazing little girl and you are an amazing Mama Bean!!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

{{{{Angela}}}} I am so sorry to hear the sad news. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: You have done so much for Miss P, been through so much together. I was thrilled to read about the purring, toaster singing and gaining weight. I hope those good parts of her life can continue for a good long while yet. Give that sweet girl a big kiss on the top of her head from me. We are definitelyly here for you and will be thinking of you and Phoebe.

14. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

(((Angela & Phoebe))) I was so happy to read the good report :bighug:
    I hope and pray she has lots of time left to be loved and spoiled, to play, purr, and sing :cat:

My heart goes out to you.

15. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Angela, cherish every moment you still have with Phoebe. She has the best mom ever and still happy and purry because of the love you share with each other.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Phoebe :bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Angela. My heart is breaking for you. You never know, she might go for a long time considering she is doing well otherwise.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Angela :bighug: There is no tomorrow, only today. I know you will enjoy every moment you have together. Loving Phoebes, loving you.

18. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry that you got such terrible news. I hope the playful, purring Phoebes continues for a long time. Sending vines, prayers and :bighug:.

19. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

20. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're facing this. I hope you have many, many days full of purrs and lovin's.:bighug::bighug: