4/17: Cosmo update (oldtimer Caturday report)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cyn and Cosmo, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

Last week's update

Cosmo had a bad week this week. I noticed on Monday evening that he wasn't eating very much. Then again on Tuesday. So I gave him some pepcid. He was still eating his treats and stuff, still walking around, snuggly, purry. Just not eating fud very much. Every morning, I was awakened to the sound of kitty in process of vomiting.
    I gave more pepcid (this time via injection) to him on Wed. I thought pepcid took longer to clear the system in a kidney cat, but it seems the dose doesn't last 24 hrs. In the afternoon, I also gave him 1/4 mirtazapine.

By Thursday, I was starting to really worry. His CP attacks usually clear in 24-36 hrs. I got refills of famotodine, and some anzamet? (anti-nauseant) from the vet. Of course, that evening is when he decides to start eating again (with the help of a dusting of parmesan cheese on the fud).

So... he's doing MUCH better now. Going to give him another dose of mirtz to get extra calories in him, but I think the attack is pretty much done.

I've been absent from FDMB lately b/c of teaching stuff and diss stuff. I don't know how i stay so busy and yet feel like I've gotten nothing done. I hope to be back full force soon! I miss you all!

2. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Oh Cosmo! So glad you seem to be over the worst of your flare up! I'll still send some healing vines.

3. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear Cosmo had a bad week, but it sounds like he is on the mend, so that's good news.

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

miss you too! I'm glad Cosmo got through his flare with only minimal drama. It's scary when they're not feeling well and you can't fix it.

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

This is the sucky part of grad school. Just keep repeating, "I can see the light at the end of the tunnel."

I'm glad Cosmo is feeling better.

6. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

THIS is the sucky part? meaning that the other parts weren't supposed to be sucky? :)

I forgot to mention, I think that Cosmo's belly gets bloated when he's about to get a flare or HAS a flare. His belly has been much less distended for the last day. His belly was distended a bit last Friday.

Good news is that his TOHP remains small and may be getting smaller.

He's taken up residence on my lap, and is still uber cute.

Thanks for healing vibes everyone!!

7. Kim&Luck

Kim&Luck Member

Hi Cyn,
    glad that the CP issue is clearing. Poor Cosmo. :( Good thing he has such a good mom. :)
    Glad school is going well...you should be just about done right???? Same question i keep asking my daughter. Are we done yet??????

Hang in there kid!
    Kim

8. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

I'm glad Cosmo is feeling better. Poor little guy...
    You do such a good job taking care of him.

9. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

sorry cos had such a rough week.
    glad to hear he is on the mend. ( TOHP included)

nice to see you guys !

10. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Much love to you guys! Glad he's feeling better.
    Good luck with the diss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.