4/18 Cleo PMPS 265 dose & ear infection ?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cleo & Jane (GA), Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

last condo

Cleo had an increase 8 cycles ago, but her numbers seem to be the same. She has not gotten into any contraband, and is acting fine.
    I do notice that she is shaking her head a little more, and wonder if she has an ear infection. The vet cleaned out a lot of wax from her left ear about one month ago and said it looked irritated, but not infected. We have a vet appt on Wednesday with a new vet who comes to the house. Any thoughts on what I should ask for if she needs meds for her ear? Certain drops?
    I also wonder if I should raise her dose now, or wait until she sees the vet.

My back (sciatic nerve) is still so bad. I have not been into work all week. I went for an xray, which my insurance requires before they will okay an MRI. I would not be able to lay still for an MRI right now anyway.
    I am trying not to be a baby, but I am in such misery. It has been six days. The pain meds make me nauseous, and I still cannot sit. Vines greatly appreciated :sad:

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

aw, jane, that sounds horrible and very whine-worthy. you need your back to feel good or everything is wrong! sending you both healing vines.

i don't have expertise with ear infections. just speaking generally, i'd adjust the dose based upon her numbers and would just be aware that if she has an infection and gets on ABs, that i might need to reduce the dose. I'd be extra vigilant at that point. She did just get to a 64 on this dose three days ago. but it looks like a lot of yellow has crept into her ss and it was gone before, so i can see why you're considering increasing.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry your back is still so bad. Sending prayers for you and Cleo.

My vet told me most ear medicines have steroids in them. Since Furball has a polyp in her ear that causes frequent ear infections, she checked into getting something without steroids. After some research, she gave me Gentamicin, which is normally an eye drop. It did seem to help her ear when I gave it to her. You might want to ask the vet about this.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It sounds like you're miserable. I'm so sorry. Back pain is the worst!

Zymox is available on Amazon in a non-steroid version. You might want to order it and see if it helps.

5. lovey11

lovey11 Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for you, Jane. My mom has a prayer group. I will put your name in as well. Back pain can be excruciating. You are not whining. If Cleo has an ear infection, I am sure it could be influencing the numbers.

6. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Oh Jane,
    I am so sorry your back is hurting so badly.
    Sending many many healing vines to you.

And I hope the new vet has an answer why Cleo's ear is bothering her.

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm also sending you healing vines for your back to feel much better soon.

You must be feeling so bad. Don't worry, this is a place where you can express yourself and get support, we are kind of like your family, here.

I hope whatever is bothering Cleo's ear clears up too.

8. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Sending tons of prayers for your back. DH has back issues, so I see how rough it is, and I have the same issue with pain meds. I hope you are feeling better very, very soon! Sending prayers for Cleo, too!!

9. Shelly & Jersey (GA)

Shelly & Jersey (GA) Well-Known Member

Jane,

I don't have advice on the ear infection or the dose. I just wanted to let you know that I'm sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way! :YMHUG:

Shelly

10. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much. The one blessing about Cleo's numbers being high is that I don't have to round her up to test as much. She has loved being able to spend every minute of every day out on catio.

Thanks Julie, I think I may hold off on any increase since I don't really know if I will be able to test as much.

I am writing down the gentamicin info, Carla, thank you. I have high hopes for this new vet.

I called my local Pet Supermarket, Sienne, and they sell the Zymox there. I can send DH for it tomorrow. Thanks~

Catherine, thank you so much for adding my name - all prayers are welcome.

Thank you Mariko & Dyana - I just wish I would wake up healed - I love my LL family♥

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.