4/18 Rosie AMPS 224 +5 88

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carol in Chicago, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Rose was seen by the vet yesterday. He indicated an enema was in order, so I was able to do that today.

I also collected a urine sample for UA and sure enough, vetty bean found bacteria. We have been through several courses of antibiotics over the last year, so I wanted to up the game with something stronger this time. We are going to try Orbax. While I know the gold standard is C&S, none of the last 3 the have been done have been able to grow, so I declined to go that route this time. She has something driving up WBC so I would like to knock that down.

Strange as it may sound, I'm happy they found bacteria in the UA, because that might explain some of the decline in kidney values. I had a bit of a melt down yesterday when the vet reviewed initial blood work, but now that I have updated her labs tab, I'm thinking this is a setback not a major decline. Yet another reason to keep the labs tab updated. ;) In addition to ABs, I'm increasing fluids and adding new supplements to try to turn it around.

Looking at the positive, IDEXX BG was 89 and there was no glucose in urine today. :D

Yesterday.

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

No glucose in the urine is always a good thing! Sounds like the UTI may be the reason for the bad kidney #s, is that what the vet thinks? Hope the AB doesn't make the poop problems worse.

Carol in Chicago likes this.
  3. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Yes. Thank you. If there is a UTI, that won't help the kidney numbers. He wants me to use the ABs, but realize there is kidney disease in the picture.

We had some significant poop today, but that was enema induced.

I'm fighting high phos w/ binders, but one of the side effects is constipation, so this continues to be a balancing act.

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Focus on this. :bighug::)

5. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Thank you for this and for always being here!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the AB clears things up. Sending prayers.

Carol in Chicago likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.