4.19.18 BELLA AMPS 262,+2 201,+10.5 295, pm ps 309, +3 239

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bellasmom, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/posts/2174145/
    Awesome awesome day and evening yesterday, very exciting, no anxiety just pure pure joy for bella, first time for me, but I did what I had to do for him!! Sooooo worth it, Have a great day everyone and thanks for all the words of encouragement last night!

2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Not a bad start at all today after his first green last night!

Bellasmom likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

I was expecting a lot higher because of the first green so overall I am very happy with that yellow, I do have a question, if Bella’s number is 100 in the am and I have to work, I can only do a +2 before work, I go ahead and shoot right because I’ve seen what it will do

4. Nan & Amber (GA)

Yes, paying close attention to that +2! On a workday, I might even do a short stall on the shot, just to get an idea of his trajectory. With the relatively late onset of Lantus, you aren't really shooting the pre-shot number, you're shooting what the number will be in a couple hours. Most of the time when you get a number like 100 at pre-shot, he'll probably do what he did last night and just chill, but every now and then he might be in the middle of breaking a bounce. You will likely still want to shoot on those days, but you want to know what's happening in case you decide to take extra steps (giving some extra carbs, etc.) due to being out of the house for a long time.

So great to see Bella doing so well!

Bellasmom likes this.
  5. Bellasmom

Thanks Nan

6. Bellasmom

I can tell he is feeling a lot better, not that he showed any symptoms of feeling bad, he just seems more lively, playful, happier

7. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Awesome!

Shooting and leaving (for work) is the most stressful. I get a +11, PS and am able to grab a +1.5 as I run out the door. Betting the +11 allows me to see movement direction. It works for the most part :banghead:. As you get more data (tests) you will get to know his patterns better.

Do you use a timed feeder? That is a very good insurance while you are gone (and asleep :D).

Nan & Amber (GA) and Bellasmom like this.
  8. Bellasmom

No but I leave down dr elseys dry, about 1/4 cup, I’m planning on time feeder when finances allow

9. Bellasmom

I can get an+2 before work, I get up at 430 445 to get ready to feed all my guys and girl test at at 4:50 and shoot at 5, starting to test at +2, hubby can test at +10 when he gets home

10. Bellasmom

Do cats get a little more hungry when their numbers are better, bella has quite the appetite this am

11. LizzieInTexas

I think it is more that their bodies are confused but I don't understand cat talk :p So who knows :D.

How is Bella's weight? As his numbers get better his body will require less calories because he is using the food better. If under weight I would allow additional food but that is your call.

12. Bellasmom

He is 16lbs, before diabetes he was 19, he got down to 13

13. LizzieInTexas

Gizmo was 17#'s pre FD. He is ~11.5#'s now but his arthritis got worse going through FD, panc flares, age (etc.) I am trying to maintain him around the current weight as is is less stress on his joints but I wast a bit of cushion jic he gets sick again.

Bellasmom likes this.
  14. Bellasmom

Bella could prob loose a few more

15. Bellasmom

I was looking back at spreadsheet from when we first came on here and the differences are amazing
    F74964EC-A6CA-4B47-804D-15508745AF67.png This was the beginning, bella on 4u 2x a day
    B0B065C7-981D-43E3-83AC-3B0F16682F15.png This is now! 3 month later, bella started .25 now 1u 2x day
    This is incredible and I was so incredibly overflowing with joy last night about the green, no panic just pure joy,it was like I won the lottery! thank you, the amazing people have helped Bella with his journey to get here,thank you from the bottom of my heart
    Enough sappy stuff lol just wanted you all to see where he came from

16. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Very nice, Bella! Looks like some blue is in your near future too! :cool:

Bellasmom likes this.
  17. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Amazing!! :smuggrin:

Bellasmom likes this.
  18. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

@Bellasmom

I'm so happy for you & Bella! I know how much this means to you.
    How's Abby doing on her trans dermal meds?

Bellasmom likes this.
  19. Bellasmom

Thank you!!! Yes I am just overjoyed that we have finally gotten to this point, it took awhile but with all the guidance on here I’m am so thankful for it.
    Abby is doing very well on transdermal gel, she goes back in May for a retest to see if it needs an increase, she has slowed down some, she use to go a 100 miles an hr all the time, weird seeing her rest some and take it easy, I’ve been watching ravens numbers and they are getting better, you will get there!
    As you see in Bella’s numbers on the spreadsheets he was all over the place all the time, his body is finally getting used to,the lower numbers and his body isn’t panicking as much. You are doing good, just keep going!:bighug:

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  20. JoyBee&Ravan

@Bellasmom
    Thanks. I'm hoping Ravan's #'s start coming down.

He was in the green a few time before. This "Bounce" thing is terrible! It's so frustrating!

21. JoyBee&Ravan

@Bellasmom

on 3/14 Ravan's bg went from 352 am to 68 pm A BIG drop! He was in the green 4 times but then came the Bounces!

22. Bellasmom

It very much is but it will go away, keep doing what u r doing, Bella does it but it's getting better and better, I thought he would be super high this am and he wasn't, his body is getting more used to the lower numbers without going into a panic

Magic Johnson likes this.
  23. Bellasmom

+10.5 295, guess bounce from yesterday

24. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Yep!

25. Bellasmom

The more accustomed bellas body gets to the lows the less bounce, is that right? He gets low body oh no something's wrong let's fix it, so the more I shoot low the more his body is gonna say ok this is alright, no danger

26. Nan & Amber (GA)

Did you re-test? Might have been a bad strip, considering the +10.5.

27. Bellasmom

Hubby did it, I’m at work, can he retest now? Or is it to late

28. Bellasmom

He doing it anyway cause I wanna know what it is now

29. Bellasmom

Retest is 309

30. Nan & Amber (GA)

Ah! Much better!

31. Bellasmom

Thanks nan

32. Bellasmom

I reminded him if tooo low or tooo high to retest, he forgot

33. Bellasmom

Numbers not near as good as yesterday

34. Nan & Amber (GA)

But you might be able to catch up on sleep tonight after last night-- Bella is being very considerate!

Bellasmom likes this.
  35. Bellasmom

He can go back down anytime, I wait and wait for it, i was soooo excited last night, I don’t care to loose sleep for my big white fur ball lol lol, although it would be nice once n a while to sleep later than 4:45am lol

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  36. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I think Bella is on track. Bounce and all. Good job.

Bellasmom likes this.
  37. Bellasmom

Thanks and we have a pretty very low yellow this am

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.