4/19 Baby PMPS 71 +9 56

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole & Baby, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Good Monday Morning, Furbaby Friends!!
    WCR What a weekend!! 3rd day on Baytril, appetite is still finicky but I have found sticking HC crunchy treats in her food is getting her to eat. Today I might get some EVO or Core kibble to mix in her raw & canned food diet, I almost hate introducing it at this stage, but her eating is my primary goal. All 5ps are not in place - it is early. Baby has used the LB twice in the last 24 hours - both times I have picked her up & sat her in the LB, I do NOT want to start that habit. I cannot wait until she is off this ab. I am calling her Vet today to see if there might be another option since she has no appetite or get up & go to the LB.

With an infection, ab & HC Treats/Gravy & on .1 dose -- I am SURE surprised to see her #s looking so good?? I am sooooooooo thankful, but wonder how they can be this good? We are Blessed in the middle of this mess. Baby is my lil miracle momma!!

Yesterday

:thumbup B :thumbup A :thumbup B :thumbup Y

Have a Blessed, Beautiful Day!!!​

2. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/19 Baby AMPS 64

Very nice AMPS for Baby.
    When Putty was on an AB he was not himself at all....he was lethargic and would not eat. Putty always eats so the AB can really bother their stomachs.
    Come on Baby please eat. cat_pet_icon

3. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Re: 4/19 Baby AMPS 64

Wonderful number this morning! Glad to see she's eating, even if you have to trick her into it. If you have to break out the Evo or Core kibble maybe if you poke it into her food like the treats and just use a little bitty bit it won't mess things up. You'll probably see slightly higher than usual numbers but my thought is that if it's hidden in the wet food like the treats were she won't realize you're giving her the forbidden kibble so it hopefully won't mess up the feeding situation and have her refusing wet for dry (vs putting kibble just on a plate by itself) :roll: though our kitties are all so smart you never know if your tricks will work the way you expect them to :lol:

I found the Evo kibble the other night when I was shopping with my sister. I stood there for 5 full minutes debating it for my Bella girl (the civvie who has been so picky about the canned stuff) and in the end I bought the smallest bag so I could have it on hand for emergencies. She's eating canned now that I've figured out she just won't eat the lc stuff so hopefully I won't need it. She's been so desperate for carbs recently tho that she's been eating the dog's kibble! I now have to take it up overnight because I'm afraid she will or has taught Tugger to eat it.

Here's a thought... if you're willing to try the kibble, have you tried some of the lower ended med-high carb stuff? Like FF Elegant Medleys Shredded Lean Turkey Fare w/garden greens or Shredded Salmon w/garden greens they are both 9% carb but both of my girls will eat the heck out of that stuff and they generally prefer 11%+ There are some others ont he list that are 11% that might trip her trigger too. Might be worth a try before risking the kibble?

4. Nicole & Baby

Re: 4/19 Baby AMPS 64 +3 70

Yay! Baby just went to the LB on her own!! Geez.. I sound like a mom potty training :lol:
    She seems to be surfing, so I feel safe going into work & coming home to check on her for lunch :thumbup

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

the frustration in introducing kibble to get kitty to eat... boy, can i identify with that! have to do what you have to do. kwim?
    baby's handling things well. don't worry about the kibble sprinkled on her food right now.
    have a good day!

6. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

yay glad Baby is doing better! ARe you feeding with the ab??? I feed before so he has food in his stomach with the ab (the pharmacist told me to make sure food is in his stomach before giving ab) Just wondering, I know food is an issue right now for you!!! We are almost done our ab (will be done on Fri). Glad to hear things are going better than the weekend! have a great day Nicole!!!

7. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Baby's numbers are looking good! Hope you have a good day today...you are doing such a great job Nicole! :thumbup
    And so is Baby! :razz:

8. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

NICOLE!! Sorry I missed yesterday! Baby's numbers are looking sooo good despite the ab's & infection...
    Went to LB by herself, that's great..Baby seems to be able to handle anything Now!!
    Hope it all clears soon--Moonie was not happy on ab's either!

9. paige

paige Well-Known Member

YaY she used the LB on her own. I know you were worried about that. Check one off the list ;-)

Hope you have a great day and it goes by quickly!!! bcatrun_gif

10. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

awesome report today ... so glad to hear she is using the LB on her own ... and her numbers are just looking soo good, despite everything else she is going through ... she is one tough cookie!

11. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Wow, look at those numbers. Glad Baby decided use LB. And congratulations on this new tiny dose! Very happy for you and Baby!

[​IMG]

12. Nicole & Baby

Re: 4/19 Baby AMPS 64 +7 67

I went home for lunch, tempted Baby with FF (fish/shrimp) FF (chicken) Wellness (chicken with temptations in it) Raw (freeze dried sprinkled on top -- more like covered!!))
    Anyway.. She smells it like she wants it, but walks away. I feel awful, I get frusturated & I know she is not doing it on purpose.
    Good news is her BG is not dropping. I plan to get some EVO after work today. I called the Vet & he said that he had not had any kitties taking Baytril where it affected their appetite, he would switch the antibiotic if I wanted - but he felt she should stay on this. Not to give any over the counter for her upset tummy - since she is on the ab
    But, I can go up there & buy that A/D food they sale.. A few cans.. Who knows what to do. I mean she is eating a bite here or there.. But not near enough to sustain.

***Love the Picture CD!! :lol:

13. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Re: 4/19 Baby AMPS 64 +7 67 **Science Diet AD Food?

I'm so glad to hear Baby used the LB on her own! I know that must be a relief. And it really is amazing that her numbers are so wonderful. I guess at least that's one thing you don't have to worry about. :smile:

You are doing a wonderful job, Nicole. Keep up the great work and I know Baby will soon be over this hurdle.

14. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Glad that Baby is at least using the LB. I hope she feels better soon and the infection clears quickly.

Thanks for stopping by this morning.

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Please call your vet back and describe that nauseous, "I wanna eat but the sight and smell of this stuff is gonna make me hurl." look that Baby is giving food. Ask specifically whether famotidine (Pepsid) would help. Likewise, would he prescribe an appetite stimulant. You really don't want to have to deal with the problems associated with not eating. Anorexia, diarrhea, and vomiting are rare, but not uncommon, side effects based on drug post-approval studies. (Here's the link if you want to send it to your vet. (Sorry - I don't have time to try to track down the research. If I can, I'll send it to you.)

The canned A/D is 13% carbs.

16. Nicole & Baby

Thanks, Sienne - I did ask specifically about the Pepsid & he said no.. Not with the ab, I will check about an appetite stimulant..

17. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Hang in there Nicole!!! At least her numbers are GREAT!!!

18. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Re appetite stimulant... we tried Fortiflora, and it worked beautifully, but I hear it can constipate too. :roll:

Sending eating vines! So glad Baby's numbers are good -- that's a help.

19. Nicole & Baby

Re: 4/19 Baby PMPS 71

Baby has been interested in going out to play this afternoon & has had 2 LB movements (by herself) so I think she is doing better.. just wish she would eat more than she is but I am on top of things.. with others suggestions. Will update as I have updates ;-)

20. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I am so glad to hear that baby has used the litterbox all on her own. At least that is one thing you don't have to worry about, huh. Now, have you tried the fortiflora? I got a good probiotic from CVS for Spot and he seems to be doing pretty good with that and the AB's he is one (today is the last day!)
    Sending some eating vines your way. Hopefully baby will catch them and put them to use!

21. Nicole & Baby

Baby refuses Fortiflora, we have tried that many times.. what did you get from CVS? I did breakdown & just buy a bag of EVO & will think of adding a few kibbles to canned/raw. Baby is eating, but about 1/2 what she normally would.

**Dumb Question** If Baby has had 2 LB movements (solid) today - she has to be eating, right?

22. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/19 Baby PMPS 71 **Question

Nicole...do you know about how much she is eating? I know you are putting out so many different varieties so it may not be easy to keep track.

23. Nicole & Baby

I think.. think.. about a 3oz can & a Raw medallion a day now.. normally it was more.. but she is eating. Input/Output & is playful.

24. Marvie and Tugger

Playful is good =) Eating some is better than eating none, and if she's got energy to play I'd say she's doing ok for now. Maybe if you get some probiotic (that's supposed to help settle tummies right? mine have never been bothered so I am not experienced with supplements and such) and she gets it into her system, she'll feel better and then eat more normally. It's hard to feel like eating when my tummy feels teh yuck, so I don't blame her for eating a little less than usual.

25. Nicole & Baby

Re: 4/19 Baby PMPS 71 +3 51

dancing_cat B dancing_cat A dancing_cat B dancing_cat Y
    Baby has eatin a plate of Raw..... played outside.... used the LB......on .1 dosecrease......on ab........fighting an infection....... look at her gooooooo!!
    Soooooooooooooooooooooooo Proud!!​

26. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

So Happy for YOU!!!--We all know what is coming & we are crossing our fingers & Paws for quick recovery & hopefully a BIG PARTY for Baby!!
    Whooo Hoooo :RAHCAT oooo I got the smilies back! HUGS!

27. Marvie and Tugger

Well go Baby go! My goodness :mrgreen: She's taking it all in stride just like Scrabble did! He did set a very nice example. She's eating too! :RAHCAT

28. Nicole & Baby

Re: 4/19 Baby PMPS 71 +5 41

:RAHCAT B :RAHCAT A :RAHCAT B :RAHCAT Y

+5 41

Just ate a plate of Raw.. yes... ate!!!

29. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

I was slightly disturbed by the dirty chocokitty in the LB.

But now I'm elated!!! She's eating!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Way to go!

:RAHCAT

30. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole-

I'm VERY relieved for you!!! Are you going to decrease her dose now?

31. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

sooooooooo, nicole, what are your plans? shooting tomorrow? will you be home to monitor or are you working?
    baby's appy has been off which could very well account for some of the recent low numbers. although, the baytril shot and pills combined with having the abscess drained may have cleared the infection. how does her bum look? if she's healing, she may not need any more insulin.

32. Nicole & Baby

(((Sorry))) I feel asleep! Geez.. I am working from home tomorrow, I will shoot because I feel there are a lot of variables here (like you mentioned) ab, infection, challenging appetite, etc I am going to keep a close eye on her & go from there :mrgreen:

33. paige

paige Well-Known Member

You must have been really tired because I know you would not have "not" tested on purpose. :lol: We are all human :roll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.