4/19-Brutu+8 @60 eyes please +13.5 80

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by steve and brutus, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve and brutus

steve and brutus Member

1.5 hours pastpmps only 80 ,Pancreas?

Strange ! He tested 60 with no dose increase @
    +8 What would cause this?
    Any opinion?
    Steve

Yes i just updated his S/S. we did shoot last night.

2. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 4/19-Brutus +8 @60 eyes please

I think it's an action cycle... are you getting more tests in?
    The 1st time Tizon was green, I almost needed a defribrilator... test by friend... if you can. Data is your friend!

ETA - did you shoot last night? Your SS says that you didn't....
    ETA again - pls make sure that you link yesterday's condo into today.... there are too many cats to go searching easily.

Thanks

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I agree with Helene. What you don't know is whether this 60 is on the way up or on the way down. Getting in another test or two between now and PMPS will let you know. If it's on the way up, I hope you leave food out during the day since it's possible that Brutus went lower.

4. steve and brutus

steve and brutus Member

Tested 2 x since the 60@+8. Both times +8.5 and +10 are holding at 69 after he ate chicken breast. Now he is napping.Need to shoot in 2 hrs but won't unless he is over 150?
    Thanks

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

150 sounds like that's where your comfort level is. Couple of questions...

Can you stall past PMPS in order to see the numbers come up?
    Will a late shot play havoc with your AM shot time since you will need to shoot 12 hours from whatever time you shoot tonight?

6. steve and brutus

steve and brutus Member

we will push the shot time back to when he starts rising to a comfortable number.I (steve) am out of town and wife Leah is takeing care of brutus,We were going to increase dose next week to bring him down when we could work to monitor him, but mabe we don't have to_One thing though,we got off schedule a few days ago , shooting later than normal, so we have been backing the shot up 30 minutes each cycle to get back on schedule.Could this have over loaded shed and caused the 60?We are still waiting to decide when to shoot.leah will testing again soon.

thanks for any input

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

The early shots may be a factor. It could depend on how many days in a row you're shooting early. If it's possible and you're still moving the times back, try in 15 min. increment. It may be easier on the shed.

Could you change your subject line? If you note your current +12 BG number (or whatever time and the number are now), you will get more eyes on your condo. (Click on the edit button in your first condo of the day and change the subject line.)

8. steve and brutus

steve and brutus Member

ok , he is 80 at pmps +1:30.He has no health issues except diabetes.always eats like an oinker.he is feeling good out running around in our back yard.(escape proof).could his pancreas be keeping him down ?

9. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

could be combo of the early shots and some healing for mr. P.
    If you are not comfortable here -- why don't you test again in 1/2 and see if you get rising number.
    If so shoot. and do lots of testing. ( I be leah is sooooooooo happy you are out of town :D )

If you don't feel comfortable at that level you could always shoot a reduced dose so he has some insulin in and doesn't get completely off track.

what do you think?

10. steve and brutus

steve and brutus Member

Hi cheryl,I think when he starts to rise above 100 or more we will give 1u(.5 reduction) for safety sake.Back in o7 leah gave him his last shot when I was out of town as well.He was only on insulin for 6 weeks.I hope this bodes well for takeing him to the falls a second time.Since leah has to stay up and monitor, she has to make the call.He might take off here soon and head towards 200, we'll see.

thanks

11. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

I remember !
    maybe you should of gone out of town sooner :lol: :razz:

sounds like you have a plan.

night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.