4/19 Logan AMPS 433, +5 320, PMPS 344

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly & Logan, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12355

As usual, anytime Logan seems to be doing better, he takes a big step back. He's not eating much. This morning, he ate about 1/2 can of FF and then had about 1/8 cup dry core with baby food. It's been a while since we had to break out the core/baby food mixture.

He's on 10mg of pred each day along with 250mg metronidazole each day. He's getting 2mg of Leukeran every other day starting tonight. He had three doses at every three days. And none of this seems to be working. Where do we go from here?

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/19 Logan AMPS 433

I'm sorry Kelly....that is a yucky number for Logan this morning.... What's up with you, Boy? That amount of food is not too bad though....a half a can....maybe he will get hungry in a little bit. Sending lots of HUGS to you both Kelly :YMHUG:

3. Kelly & Logan

Re: 4/19 Logan AMPS 433, +5 320

He came down into his "Normal" range. He ate very little, however. :sad:

I think I'll go back to boiling chicken breasts and give him only that for a little while - assuming he'll eat that. Maybe that will give his poor intestines a break.

I posted in the health forum about Dr Lisa's recipe. On her website, she mentions boiling the meat for a couple of minutes to kill the surface bacteria before grinding it up - she recommended this for kitties on immune system suppressing drugs. If anyone has any thoughts on this, please share!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12405

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 4/19 Logan AMPS 433, +5 320

Sorry about the lousy numbers, but some eating is better than none I guess. Hey, maybe he is still full from eating too much the other day!

Chicken breast are pretty much a staple in Shadoe's and Oliver's; they get them more like snacks to tide them over to ps tests, or in the case of being a treat or even a side dish to their regular foods.

I hope you get some good tips and info on foods, and hope Logan picks up with the eating and gets down in the numbers.

5. Kelly & Logan

Logan ate 1 3/4 thin, boiled chicken breasts for dinner. He will not eat the chunks off a plate, but will eat them off the floor or out of my hand. Weird. I'm going to cook some ground chicken later tonight to see how he likes that. No more FF for Logan. He HAS to eat something better. So, we'll stick to plain chicken/turkey for a couple of days while I figure out how to cook him something nutritionally complete!

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Kelly....how about that Feline Future powder? The send samples so you can try it. It is for the raw meat, but why not use it in the chicken you give him....I imagine it would be good!
    Feline Future

That is supposed to be complete nutrition.
    The FF is definitely changed. :sad: My two used to like the old style.

I have used the Petsmart SophistaCat Supreme in the little cans and they seem to like it just fine. I mix the raw mixture in with the canned too. I have gotten the packets that include the dried liver in the powder....maybe it will work for you too.

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Tomorrow is the vest visit Kelly?
    I hope there will be some answers for Logan.
    Libby was saying the other day about reconstituting the freez dried
    chickn pieces. The flavour is supposed to be more intense and the water
    makes a nice broth.
    I hoe something clicks soon.

8. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Kelly, the leukeran can take a mont or so before improvements are seen. In the meantime, its evaluating if the side effects are worth it. I was always told the side effects (not eating, nausea) wind down. Like there is a sudden breakthrough. Unfortunately Latte lost 3/4lb in the first week, so it was not wise to continue.

If you have not tried the ondansetron yet, please consider it.

I hope he starts eating (remember the syringe feeding techniques) and the blood work is a go ahead to continue leukeran so you have that as an option if you want to continue fwd with it.

((hugzzz))

9. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

I was thinking the same thing, that the leukeran may take some time to kick in, but that the side effects may lessen before that. Wish you could cut back on the prednisone in the meantime. Though I'm surprised that the prednisone isn't making Logan hungrier. It was ridiculous in that regard with Quincy.

Good luck tomorrow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.