4/19 - Nova - AMPS=79, PMPS=144, +2=104, +5=67

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawn & Nova, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

yesterday's condo

Well someone barfed nasty while I was sleeping.. guessing from the convenience of the location (linoleum floor).. it had to be either Hitch or Nova.. Nova was feeling so good last night that I'm really not sure.. this morning she had some opinions.. not as much as normal.. but she did tell me to "hurry the *bleep* up" with the test/shoot process so that treats would come sooner.. if I had to put a number on it.. I'd say she was running at about 70% efficiency.. so it was probably her.. I've gone though all the food I've fed.. there's been no changes.. going to give her hairball goo when I next see her.. I haven't heard the good ol hairball hack from her, but she does have a lot of problems with them.. there hasn't been any hairballs in the barf.. but maybe it's just really stuck.

Anyways.. like I said.. Nova was feeling really good last night.. I took a 7 second clip of "bottle caps".. if you want the full effect of the excitement.. play it 100-150 times over in a row to get the 10-20 minute session we usually have.. that's my life.. almost every day ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLSDq_1c97w

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/19 - Nova - AMPS=79

:lol: that was so CUTE!!!~ I LOVE it! Nova is looking GREAT!!!!

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/19 - Nova - AMPS=79, +2=86

Hi Nova, We've got lots of birds at our feeders, but I'm not allowed to eat them, much less cook them. My bean Ella is a "birder". Sometimes I stalk them, but they're too fast for me, and then they fly up anyway. Too bad your bird feeder is broken and that the birds don't like the seeds that your bean put on the ground. Tell your bean to get the small "black oil" sunflower seeds, not the big ones with the stripes. The birds don't care for those. I hope you feel better today.

Stu

4. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Cute little clip of Nova and her bottlecaps. :smile:

Her numbers are looking great today, that's for sure. :mrgreen:

5. Dawn & Nova

I called the vet to see if there was an update on the plan for Jerry with his hypOthyroid diagnosis (yeah.. I'll never be able to type it without capitalizing the O I don't think.. I'm just so shocked).. "yeah.. we did get some information.. the doctor is in surgery right now.. but she'd like to speak to you about it personally"..

They are pretty open with me when I call about stuff usually.. I think I'm going to throw up.

6. Sarah and Buzz

Re: 4/19 - Nova - AMPS=79, +2=86, +7=88, PMPS=144

Oh no. :( Did you hear back from her today? I haven't checked in since earlier in the day.

7. Dawn & Nova

Re: 4/19 - Nova - AMPS=79, +2=86, +7=88, PMPS=144

Yeah.. I heard back.. the basic situation is.. that there's really nothing we can do about whatever is causing it..

If it's his asthma medication, he needs it to live.. there are 2 alternatives.. 1 doesn't work on him, 1 is more dangerous for his heart.. if it's his heart medication.. that keeps him alive too.. if it's not his medication then it's just that his body is giving out.. or one of a few really rare things that he's too frail to treat anyways.. if hormone replacement would work (which it's not clear whether or not it would).. it would raise his heart rate.. which is really dangerous..

Basically.. the plan is to up his asthma medication (that there is a decent chance is causing the problem).. in an attempt to make him more comfortable day to day.. and just enjoy the time he has.. and try not to think about it..

Wonder how long it'll take before I'm not really angry at the entire world that my 6 year old cat (who to me is my child) is dying of old age.

8. Sarah and Buzz

Re: 4/19 - Nova - AMPS=79, +2=86, +7=88, PMPS=144, +2=104

Oh my goodness, Dawn! I am so sorry to hear this. (((Dawn))) (((Jerry)))

I can't imagine what you are going through but am sending healing vines and good thoughts your way. PM me if you ever need to vent about anything and just need an ear.

9. Dawn & Nova

Re: 4/19 - Nova - AMPS=79, +2=86, +7=88, PMPS=144, +2=104

Thank you for your support and kind words.. tomorrow will be better.. today just not going so hot so my emo is out of control ;).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.