4/19 Tess AMPS~109* PMPS~118

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Tess GA, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

4/18 Condo

Tess's number aren't bed for the the last cycle, but I'm using a different meter (*) that seems to read about 10 points less than my regular meter.

Very hungry for breffis this am. She liked the ByNature 95 % Turkey a lot. I hope that it stays that way. I used a calculator tha Larry (and the Kitties) linked to that uses the GA numbers and came up w/ 1.5%. The ingredients are really good: Turkey, turkey broth, turkey live, thickeners (guar gum, cassia gum carrageen) and supplements. I know GA values are not ideal, but that's what's available. Very affectionate and playful this morning, I need to get new feathers! No poo,again, seems like about every other day now.

I really need advice on what is going on w/ Tess. She has been on this dose for 5 weeks. Several attempts to lower have lead to steadily rising numbers. Saturday I did a BCS of 1 drop less because we would be gone and the next day she climbed to blues for 2 cycles. Ndw? From a 1 drop change for 1 cycle? Has she stalled out at this dose? There have been several attempts to lower that haven't held. I'm just getting so frustrated on a numbers of things. HELP!

2. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Re: 4/19 Tess AMPS~109*

Hi, Ann & Tess Droppin thru to check on you two.. Baby has kept me busy in our own drama over the weekend.. Sorry for being a stranger!! Not sure what is going on with Tess, but I hope she can get her #s better, I know it is no fun to be frusturated & I also know someone better than I will drop thru with some ideas for you… hang in there… ;-)

3. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Re: 4/19 Tess AMPS~109* +3~72* +5~87*

I don't have any help, but thought I'd give you a bump. Maybe put something in your subject line about needing help?

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/19 Tess AMPS~109* +3~72* +5~87*

Her numbers look good today....hope someone comes along with a crystal ball and will give you a good reading on what is happening. I will just say that you are doing a great job! :mrgreen:

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/19 Tess AMPS~109* +3~72* +5~87* +8~109

my interpretation is just that her pancreas is not back on the job full time yet. She might have room for a tiny dose increase, but I'd like to spend a little more time studying her spreadsheet before I suggest that for sure. I'm at tbp now and don't have time, but will look when I get home. No worries, Tess's spreadsheet is GORGEOUS so we just need to decide whether we need to fiddle with things or just sit back and wait. Sometimes waiting is the best answer.

6. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ann
    Tess is looking really good and I certainly understand your frustration.
    What type of feeding scheule is Tess on?
    I see you do a lot of +8 checks. When does she eat in relation to that?
    With Max, I always tested at +9 gave him his snack then, and then took the food away
    at +10. Many times his +9 was higher than his PMPS and it was told to me that it was Mr. P working in bring his number down by PMPS where the insulin is waning off.
    A lot of people here have also been experimenting with that +9 snack.
    Just thinking to maybe switch your test times a little so Libby has even more data to study. :D

7. Ann & Tess GA

Thanks Libby and Randi, I guess I just need to have a little insight into what is going on in order to deal with this better. Tess made such progress at first and then this plateau. I don't know if I'm rushing her by taking the reductions that I did, or holding her back by not sticking with them when her numbers kept climbing.

I know many beans would kill to have numbers like Tess's, it's just not understanding what's happening that gets to me.

Randi, Tess eats after preshot test, at +1, +3, +5 and +8 snack. She was definitely not interested in hourly meals. I was doing +9 but was advised to move to +8 and got pretty good results for a while. Maye changing back to +9 would help.

Thank you again, just at a low point, and as DH says tears on the keyboard don't help.

8. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Ann
    Tess is you Baby and yes, many people would be totally thrilled to have an SS like
    Tess's, you are allowed to feel how you do and say so here.
    The patience is very hard and when the answers don't stare at us in the face, it can be upsetting.
    You know you are in a great place and hopefully things will get figured out for Tess.
    I was not aware of your switching up the feeding schedule, just thought I would throw
    it out there.
    Hugs.

9. Ann & Tess GA

Still pretty blue. Tess seems quite pleased with herself, she's found a sunbeam.

Sorry about the meltdown, I guess seeing blue again today after so much green just flipped a switch.

Pn the good side, Tess doesn't seem to be afraid of the timed feeder. I let it run for a couple of days w/ a treat in each compartment, and she had no hesitation about getting them out. I want to find something to put in them as the compartments are a little deep. She likes to eat from a shallow dish.

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Ann, I'm sorry, I can't seem to stay awake tonight and haven't looked at your spreadsheet any more. I'll look at it tomorrow, ok? Brain too fuzzy today.

11. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Sometimes Life just aint purrfect!! And these kitties they do what they want--
    She is doing incredible!! No worries here--It will happen one way or the other! :D

12. Ann & Tess GA

LATE night report is improving, after 4 cycles as usual:
    • +2~82
      +3~72
      +4~74
      +6~72
      +8~91
    btb I-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.