? 4/2/17 , trying to prevent hypo

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Darnell & Sprocket (GA), Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Darnell & Sprocket (GA) Well-Known Member

Sprocket was 437 at vet on human meter last night at hospital. 940pm he was 306 human meter. 6am this morning human meter is 308. So pet meter would be about 350-370. Vet says 4 units could go hypo if not eating well so to give 2 units now.Omg! Lets give a ketonic sensitive cat less insulin! He was hypo at vet 1 day ago. Had to give dextrose then.
    I was thinking 3.5 units. I gave his appetite stim & famotidine this morning.
    What do u think?
    Ok Chris advised 3.5 units. I shot that at 7:20am eastern time.
    Other advice?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Test throughout the day and night, and make sure he eats a lot of food.

3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad you are posting over on the Lantus forum! Those folks have so much experience, and they will be able to help you through days like this, and in getting Sprocket settled into a dosage and getting his diabetes under control.

We do try to keep to one post a day (to reduce confusion and conflicting advice), so it's probably best to put further discussion on that post, here.

Happy that Sprocket is home again!

4. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Darnell & Sprocket (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry I was panicky. I tried to delete this one but it didn't work.
    I am trying to get him to eat but his appetite is not as good as before even with appetite stim. Chris said to stick with lantus part cause people watch that for possible issues.
    Thanks

5. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

No worries!

And yes, I'd definitely agree-- the Lantus forum is the busiest on the site, so posting there is the way to get the most eyes on any developing issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.