4/2 Alex AMPS 122,PMPS 322,+3.5-132

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA), Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

The Earthshaking Yo-Yo Boy has done it again...much to my surprise...again. At least this time he had the manners to dip when I'm just getting up rather than when I want to go to bed. THANKS, Alex cat_pet_icon (No wonder he was acting a little bit strange this morning)

Just fed him breffis of low carb and medium carb (trying to avoid a hard bounce BUT this is what I do and I don't recommend it for anyone else. High carb is best when a cat goes under 50)

Going to test again in 30 minutes and see what that brings me. I don't have to shoot for 2 1/2 hours.

Happy Friday to everyone & Happy Good Friday to those of you who celebrate! :D

yesterday

2. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Alex AMBG 37 !

YEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAA!

Be careful what you ask for! Wasnt it yesterday you wished he would give you these funky ps in the am, rather than pm? :lol: Seriously, gotta watch what ya type!

Hope things mellow out with not too much of a bounce.

3. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

:lol: WOW! What a way to start the day!

4. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

I'm a woman..I don't know what i want ..lol

And see how Alex caters to this :lol:

5. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Yeah I know!!! I was a little bit shocked!
    Time for his test...I hope his MC worked a little bit... nailbite_smile

6. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Nice of him to give it to you AM though, I often wish the same with Tugger. It's so much easier for me to monitor in the daytime. These long nights are tough. Thank goodness I can nap today. I still haven't seen numbers under 40... and I'm glad. Cuz when I see someone else post a number in the 30's my heart kinda *thumps* extra hard for a second. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I saw that on Tugger's meter.

Hope the food works!

7. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

The first time I took he reading this morning it was 29...but it was incorrect because I didn't get enough blood and I added more. My heart dropped at that number but I'd seen it before for real and Karo will bring it up pretty fast.

The food worked and Alex is at a respectable 75 with 2 hours to kill until shot time.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't :mrgreen:

8. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Alex AMBG 37, +2-75 !

No coffee needed after that number. :eek: Nice pull up to cruising altitude though.

9. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat

I got nothin! Sheesh....

10. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Wow Alex! Way to give someone a heart attack! Really, I think I'd sh*t my shorts if Max pulled that! But I'm happy he did it during waking hours for you! I'm glad he's at a nice respectable number now!

11. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

I'm sorta' getting used to it...lol :lol:

12. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Re: 4/2 Alex AMBG 37, +2-75 ,+3-96!

I can't believe THAT :mrgreen:

OH and just guess who called it again...?

13. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Oh man, a 29 would make my heart just quit working.

Tugger is pretty responsive to food, which is probably part of the reason we don't get to low numbers like that. I'm also kind of obsessive about poking his poor ear every 2-3 hours when I'm here to do it. He surprises me often enough that I feel like I have to nailbite_smile He's doing soooo well though. I'm very proud of my guy :mrgreen: Thank Bast he finally decided to eat canned food. If he'd made that choice 5 years ago (or at any point during those 5 years) when he got his first really bad UTI he might not be in these shoes today, stubborn boy. But, I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason so here we are and here I am learning everything I can possibly absorb about a disease I was more concerned my husband would turn up with than one of my cats. :lol:

14. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

I was just thinking about that. Sometimes I can't get low numbers up for the life of me and I was thinking that this came at the end of a cycle but that can't be it because that happened the other day and it didn't help. I think the fact that he had a big meal helped a LOT! or of course, maybe I have no idea what helped and I just got lucky. When it's time to give his shot...then I'll know how lucky I really am :roll:

15. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

I've had that same problem a time or two. He drops to the 50s, I give HC, and then he doesn't come up. Once he even dropped a few more points! NOT cool. Eventually tho he did make his way up, just had me on pins and needles for a bit while he did it. And of course he was cool as a cucumber the whole time--all the while, I was wanting to go to bed!

16. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Oh jeez I can feel your pain :lol:

17. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

I bet you can, Caryl! If only Max would realize that mamabean gets really, really cranky when she doesn't get enough sleep! Oh wait, I guess Jared needs to learn that too. DH knows it :lol: , but can't do much about it!

18. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Re: 4/2 Alex AMPS 122

I feel like I have two beginnings to every day on this wacky new schedule of mine and Alex's. When we wake up and when we shoot. I GUESS WE DO :lol:

Shot at 122...now I wait for the confused_cat confused_cat confused_cat confused_cat confused_cat :mrgreen:

19. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Well thank goodness for little things :?
    I actually always thought my other cat would get FD if either would. He used to be obese. He's lost weight on Alex's diet. Now I check him once a month cause they are litter mates...

20. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Re: 4/2 Alex AMPS 122,PMPS 322

Hopefully our PM shot will send Alex home from RBC.....I hate that place..it's all pinkus schminkus there and sometimes .....that other color . Blecchhhhh

21. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

same exact pattern as last night...not looking forward to the morning nailbite_smile
    will spot check in an hour or 90 minutes if I hear the alarm :?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.