4/2 Checkers amps 155. pmps/134

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Barb & Checkers (GA), Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10802

Today's a new day. Gonna see if I can slow down his drop, although it wasn't high this am. He's up and playing this morning.
    Normally he sleeps the morning away. He tried, but took the bait at +1, when I stuck the yummy warm food under his nose, as he tried to nap. :D
    Fed him a little less for breffis, but it didn't matter, as he eats only a small amount anyway.
    Hope he stays nice and slow, as I have to go out for a while.

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Checkers amps 155..+1/140

not bad numbers so far! I hope you can slow his drop like you hope ..

3. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Re: 4/2 Checkers amps 155..+1/140 +3/153 +6/184.+8/179..???

What the heck???
    Thinking of fattening dose. Checks isn't doing so well on f.5, regardless of the 40's a few days ago.
    Wish there was a more accurate way to do the less-than-1u. F.5 and .75 are practically the same.
    Except for +3, these are not food spikes.
    I was suspicious of fur shot this morning...was sure I felt wet fur, but he turned and cussed at me when I was petting his shoulder, where I shot, to feel for wetness.
    He hates being touched anywhere except head, which he loves, so I give mostly scruff shots.
    Trying to get in shoulder shots...Flank is out.

Is it time to fatten a bit?
    155 ps
    140 +1
    153+3
    184 +6
    179 +8

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

One method is to try to count out the number of drops in 0.5 to 1.0 units. Then, if you can, you are able to divide them up. If you can get 4 droplets out, you have things evenly divided. You would have to turn the plunger vs. pushing to do this.

5. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Oh, that's cool. Count drops. I just bought grape juice, so it will be easy. :D
    I do twist plunger. Learned that somewhere on FDMB. Amazing trick.
    Thanks Sienne

6. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Those micro doses are a pip, but we all learn to do them--Yes, a f0.5 and 0.75 are almost the same--The drops do work--I use the drop method tooo--After such a nice blue surf, you could get some green sometime today, or tomorrow--Let's see @-)
    You are doing great!

7. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Oh good grief, I'm more confused now than ever. Two brands of syringes had different number of drops in 1u.
    I spent a solid hour, playing with this. First grape juice, then colored water, so the stickiness wasn't skewing my results

While pulling the needle gently across a tissue, to wipe off the grape juice I was using to make it more visable, I discovered the GNP brand actually had a burr in the one I was playing with. There have been times when I felt a scraping, when pulling needle out of Check. I thought I had done something wrong, like stuck it sideways in skin, or something. It was bad needles!
    BD had consistently 4 drops in 1u. The other brand was inconsistent in number of drops.
    The GNP consistently had big air bubbles, not easily visable with clear water, but maybe the thicker grape juice was the culprit.
    I don't even know now, exactly how much insulin, I've been giving my baby. :cry:

So, to give .75, I would draw 1u, and take out 1drop. Two drops would be .5....if my counting is correct.

8. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/2 Checkers amps 155..+1/140 +3/153 +6/184 +10 /152

(((barb)))
    do the best you can. that's all any of us can do. my 0.75u may look different than your 0.75u... and that's purr-fectly ok. :D
    just be as consistent as you can possibly be.

9. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Thanks Jill. We all love our furkids, and do the very best we can. I love that I can come here and get help, and not have to feel like a failure for not knowing or understanding something.

10. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Jill's "do the best you can" is the best advice. Don't stress yourself.

I did want to say that individual conditions will determine drop size. Your 4 drops equals 1u -- someone elses drop might be larger or smaller. Just wanted to be sure people don't start counting drops as 0.25u.

This is a good photo, by Greg, that shows diff in drop size/dose.
    [​IMG]

11. Barb & Checkers (GA)

D, you are absolutely correct...the drops themselves were different sizes in the brands of syringes, thus the difference in number of drops in each!!
    I never meant to imply that ALL syringes have 4 drops in a unit.

Thanks for pointing that out, D.
    I would never want to steer someone wrong; especially when I don't know where I'm going. :lol:

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks Barb, D., Jill, Roni, Sienne, This lesson in drops is really valuable. I don't quite need it yet, but I may in the future!!

Ella & Stu

13. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Barb...you are funny. So, you have been doing experiments with different brand syringes, eh?
    Maybe reading a book would have been less troubling. What are you planning for tomorrow? I am giggling cause it always seems that when I try to make things easier for myself., it backfires and things get all confusing.. Been there...done that too! sorry but I can't be leive that you found that discrepancy. Ya learn something every day!
    Hope you have a great night!
    Tell Checkers that Shadow likes his numbers...and is rather jealous! :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.