4/2 Eeyore AMPS=285 +4=85+5=72+6=82+9.5=392 PMPS=455 +2=311

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest:
    PMPS+11=217
    AMPS=285. Special Kitty out for breakfast. Shot 2U.
    +4=85.
    +5=72
    +6=82. Evo out for lunch.
    +7=98
    +9.5=392
    PMPS=455. TJ tuna out for dinner, evo out for overnight.
    +2=311.
    Yesterday's Condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10768

Morning, LL!

Still feeling totally whipped from this last week's nearly constant study...so will be going back to bed after shots and breffus. I have declared today to be a study-free, no-getting-out-of-jammies day, which thrills me no end. LOL. Eeyore is sitting on my lap; I tested him and he ate what little was left in the bowl, so he's happy for the moment. Making biscuits on my leg with his motor running... :mrgreen:

Hope everyone has a spectacular day!!

Best-
    Michele

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Eeyore PMPS+11=217

Eeyore is looking so great! Hope your day is wonderful! Just what you need! ENJOY! :YMHUG:

3. Michele and Esse

Thanks, Pat...yes, a day to imitate sofa lumps is definitely what I need. I have an exam on Monday, and then the push for finals starts...so...yeah. I need today to just collapse surrounded by fuzzy critters and no obligations at all. YEAH!

Best-
    Michele

4. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Eeyore is looking good! :D Enjoy your sofa-lump day! Oh how I wish I could have one of those...but don't think I've had one since my daughter was born. A girl can dream, though, right? :D

5. Michele and Esse

Re: 4/2 Eeyore PMPS+11=217 AMPS=285

Yes, a girl can dream. I prefer to dream in bed, which is where I'm heading in a bit. LOL. I will definitely enjoy this day...reading for pleasure, snuggling with kitties, a bit of housework, just relax and relax and relax.

As for Eeyore...he really is looking good. In the last three AM shots, he's hit his two lowest ever...185 and 285. I suspect that we will be in the green in a while with him...

And no, before anyone asks, I still haven't figured out what I was thinking about early yesterday morning regarding his numbers. It had something to do with the highs at preshot times, and staggering his dose over three shots to prevent the high-highs, but I can't recall exactly what I was thinking...and since he's not high at this shot, it's probably not a thought I'd spend much time trying to recover this morning. LOL.

He's really such a good boy...and as his living conditions improve, he is improving, too...I'm just so tickled. He's such a sweetheart, and totally deserves this chance.

Best-
    Michele

6. Michele and Esse

Re: 4/2 Eeyore PMPS+11=217 AMPS=285 +4=85

Eeyore is testing at +4=85. Which means he's still a few hours off nadir (he's a regular nadir @ +6 boy). Seems to be just fine.

And as a matter of fact, he is on the back of the recliner at the moment, sharing it with Abby. Now, let me explain why this is newsworthy. Abby is a streetwise, tough little girl. I had to trap her at my mother's house when Mom's renters left her (and a huge mess) behind. Abby had been raised with several large dogs (one, a pit, was super sweet. the others? Not so much). Once I trapped her, and brought her here, the boys started to pick on her; relentlessly fighting for a while. Now, Abby doesn't care for other critters too much, and the boys picking on her tended to make her like living on top of the washer/dryer. Over a time, they got a truce going, and she found "her" spots. She would defend those spots, though...and one is the back of the recliner. I have never found her snuggling with any other cat in the house at all...she is a dear sweet one, but she doesn't trust other cats or dogs at all. She's shy, and prefers to run away rather than fight, you know? That kind of kitty. Doesn't bother anyone if they don't bother her. And she does not like to be held, either...

So when Eeyore came, she was upset. She defended her spots, as I expected her to. But Eeyore seems to think Abby picked the best spot in the house; he loves the back of the recliner, too. She chased him off several times, but over the last few days, I've noticed that she doesn't mind Eeyore near her; he is on the back, she is probably on the seat. No big deal, no drama...just sharing "space".

And just now, he was butt-to-butt with her on the back of the recliner...and both were totally relaxed. I wouldn't have even known it had I not looked. They were touching fannies, and both were drowsy-eyed. Just wayyyy too cool for words, more on Abby's part than Eeyore (as he is a snuggler). She has accepted him enough to share her most treasured spot...and to let him touch her, too? Wow.

So YAY to Abby for finding a friend, and YAY to Eeyore for being gentle and respectful enough of her so she could let down her walls like that.

I have got such a cool feline household!

Best-
    Michele

7. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Re: 4/2 Eeyore PMPS+11=217 AMPS=285 +4=85

Wow, look at Eeyore go! Green suits you buddy!

And so sweet to hear that he has made friends (and maybe even cuddle buddies!) with Abby! Sounds like he was destined for your house and family! :D

8. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Eeyore PMPS+11=217 AMPS=285 +4=85 +5=72

I knew there was something something special about him when I saw pictures! What a great story cat_pet_icon and some great numbers from him today. He's getting healthier :RAHCAT

9. Michele and Esse

Re: 4/2 Eeyore PMPS+11=217 AMPS=285 +4=85 +5=72 +6=82

Mindy, I'd love for Abby to have a cuddlebuddy...that would be just so wonderful! Melanie, yes, great numbers for the boy...and there definitely something special about him. And yes, he is getting much healthier!

Best-
    Michele

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Whoooohooooo!!! Eeyore is green!!

11. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Me like Green Eeyore! :mrgreen:

12. Michele and Esse

Re: 4/2 Eeyore PMPS+11=217 AMPS=285 +4=85 +5=72 +6=82 +9.5=392

Me likie Green Eeyore, too...

BUT! He's pink again, soon to go red. And probably go higher red before the next shot.

I don't quite know what to do. He's going low enough that if I increase, and he keeps up the drops, he'll go lower, and go under 50. But these swings are so totally unlike Lantus, and so...annoying. And they can't be good. Food doesn't help keep him surfing - at least so far that hasn't been the case. Anyone have any ideas as to how to deal with this? I'm seriously considering limiting food intake, but don't really want to because he's still less than ideal weight, and I know two other cats won't eat if he's in the room (Charlotte - who does that with everyone, and Pie, who does it with most cats) and I want to make sure there is enough food for them anyway.

So I'm stuck. And I go back to adding a part dose at, say, +2 or +3. Like, I give him 1.5 at regular shot time, and then 0.5U at +2 or +3....has anyone done that on a regular basis? I can only do it on F/S/S anyway at AMPS...so it doesn't seem like the "best" idea. But I don't quite know what else to do...

Anyone have any ideas? This bouncing is not lessening...and it's a bit of a concern...his nadir is just wonderful; but I want to get those numbers lower at ps time.

Best-
    Michele

13. Michele and Esse

So he's started the downward plunge...

Does anyone have any idea as to how to make the highs less, well, high? It just bothers me that he'll be in the 70s and 80s, and then shoot up to the mid400s. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally thrilled he gets into the greens...just the reds afterwards are worrisome.

Is this just liver training school, or is there maybe something I can do to help him stay in the pinks or, hey, yellows?

Best-
    Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.