4/2 Esse AMPS=385 +4=418 +6=363 +9.5=351 PMPS=355 +2=361

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest:
    PMPS+11=363. Sigh.
    AMPS=385. Special Kitty (Walmart) for breakfast. Shot 2.5U.
    +4=418. Not sure if it is the SK or what...but I don't like this.
    +6=363. ?? Will see how the rest of the day goes. Evo out for lunch...
    +9.5=351.
    PMPS=355. TJ tuna out for dinner, evo out for overnight.
    +2=361. Good grief.
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10770

Morning, LL...

I thought she'd continue her step-down into the low yellows or high blues this morning, but unless something scary happens in the next hour, she's going to get a dose increase to 2.5. Sigh. Oh well. Gotta do it, and since I can monitor all weekend, this is definitely the time to do it. So...up she goes...

Best-
    Michele

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Esse PMPS+11=363

Hope the increase will get her moving in the right direction! Good going!

3. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Esse PMPS+11=363

I think things are going to be good here. I like the idea of an increase -- you probably won't have to be there long. Noisy had a series of dose going down, then needing to go back up, then turned around came back down and out the door. You just stick with Esse. Wonderful job you are doing.

4. Michele and Esse

Re: 4/2 Esse PMPS+11=363 AMPS=385

D, I think this will be good, too. I just am sad to see her go back up, but hey...she's the one calling the dance; I'm just following along. If she needs it, she needs it. And honestly, 2.5 is easier to measure than is 2.25...so there's a bit of a benefit, right? LOL.

Let's see if this breaks the dam...

Best-
    Michele

5. Michele and Esse

Re: 4/2 Esse PMPS+11=363 AMPS=385 +4=418.

So...what I'm going to have to do is spend some time correlating food kinds and numbers. She is at +4= 418 right now. I've been feeding FF Classic and today we tried Special Kitty, and to see her numbers up here is so disheartening. Maybe it's the issue with the food - I do know she's pretty carb sensitive.

Well, that's why I keep a spreadsheet and a log, right? So I can go back and see if this is something which may be happening.

Best-
    Michele

6. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

I don't want to blame SK... but it has caused me a few grey hair. Even to this day (check out my SS), I don't test - because I can - on SK days.... although that only applies to tuna-size cans, not little gourmet ones.

Essemama.... nothing on sale on the upper floors.

7. Michele and Esse

At this point, Helene, I don't know if it's the food. Most likely, I rushed a decrease, and she's been high since. But the shed should be full now, and it's not...so I'm stuck with the "Idunnos"...

In any event, I think SK is off the menu...I'll just keep with Wellness/Evo, the occasional tuna from TJs, and occasionally some FF classic. Just can't figure this out.

Best-
    Michele

8. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Esse AMPS=385 +4=418 +6=363 +9.5=351 PMPS=355

Essemama, come on down! Yuck, yuck, yuck.

It would be really interesting to see if there is a numbers correlation with the food. You've got lots of spare time, right? :lol:

9. Michele and Esse

Yeah, a lot of spare time...and even more spare brain cells. LOL. Hopefully, I'll do it tomorrow. But for now, we've returned to solely a Wellness/Evo and the occasional TJ tuna diet...and we'll see if I can't find the time tomorrow to do some work on this. I just want her to come on down...she was doing so well there for a while...so well. Makes me sad for her, and mad at me...sigh.

Of course, there is a test on Monday and a paper on Thursday...I swear, this will never, ever end.

Best-
    Michele

10. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

We do the best we can for our kitties. Just remember that! Esse is doing so much better even with this slight setback.

Now...school...never ending...well, I can tell you it does, but it doesn't really matter because it's the getting through the now that's always the toughest. Good thing so many of us wear rose colored glasses. :lol:

11. Michele and Esse

Amy, you're a dear. I actually don't believe this will last forever. I know it will eventually end. It's just can I manage to make it? Or will I have a total, complete, find-me-at-the-psych-facility kinda thing?

They say in nursing that the hardest part of all the education you can possibly get is getting that first license - the RN one. If I had known, way back when I decided to go back to school at 40, that it was like this...I most likely would NOT have done it. I leave class daily thinking "it just doesn't have to be like this. It doesn't have to be this difficult, this torturous, this mind-(blank)ing." I can handle the subject matter; I cannot handle the crazy instructors who are actively looking to fail you out. I can't handle the instructors who take one single sentence in 200 pages of medical texts, and write 9 questions on it...and then say "well, if you didn't understand everything about it, you should've studied harder" and make that the reason you don't pass.

But I'm complaining now. And I don't want to do that. I figure if I can graduate from here, then I can handle anything at all that the world throws at me...because I've survived insane instructors and performing under their insane scrutiny, in a hospital that is the free county general facility (which means we treat some of the most difficult, saddest, complicated cases around).

I'll be better for it...I just wish May 26 were here now. Shoot, I wish April 22 was here now; that's the date of the Medical Surgical Nursing final, and that's the class I'm having the most trouble in.

Back to Esse...yes, I'm doing everything I can, and she is generally much healthier than she's been in probably years. I just wish I knew why her numbers were so continuously high; if Eeyore wasn't responding to the insulin, I'd say it was bad. But he is, so the insulin is fine...and I don't know what else to do but keep shooting and trying to be the tank.

(sorry for the rant...it's just been so hard lately, and so...tiring).

Best-
    Michele

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I've seen too many medical professionals who operate from the, "I had to pay my dues so you have to pay yours." platform. Their goal isn't to help you to think or to truly understand the material but to memorize and spit it back. People graduate in spite of them, not because of them.

Esse will do her thing. If nothing else, it's a save-a-strip night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.