4/2 Jasper AMPS 363 / +4 272 / +8 294

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jasper Blue and Jay, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

So... we only had a few strips left from the batch that came with the meter so I decided to check a new strip against one of the old ones to make sure they matched up pretty close.

Same drop of blood;
    Old strip: 363
    New strip: 397
    2nd old strip: 443

So that's a fun new thing to stress out over.

I'm not letting myself get too stressed over it because... his numbers have been very consistent...

The 3 AMPS we did to learn how to test before we got on insulin... were all right in the same range.
    When we did his "curve" ... he did curve perfectly just as you'd expect pink yellow yellow blue blue yellow yellow pink again.

Things got weird with the bounce but... in context of a bounce...the numbers did make sense.
    Then we did the weird .25 dose... but those numbers make sense too if you figure such a tiny dose not only has a small effect overall but also leaves his system faster.

So .. not going to stress out about it... yet.

Hoping for good numbers today.

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Dont stress, patience, it takes time just keep doing what ur doing .50 2 x a day, so super proud of u!!!!!!!!!!

3. Bellasmom

Technically all those numbers are basically the same with human meters
    Gonna tag @Marje and Gracie to explain better and get her input

Djamila likes this.
  4. Bellasmom

Did u apply at DCIN so they can help with supplies

5. Jasper Blue and Jay

Thanks so much.

Not yet, we weren't sure what we needed , NJ has weird laws about drugs especially human stuff for non-humans lol, and I don't know if they help with prozinc, I'll have to check. But yeah I was just calculating how much test strips alone cost... and then adding it to the cost of everything else...my mom helped us with getting the insulin and stuff but I hvaen't been working since this so it's getting rough again but yesterday I had some time after getting sleep over the weekend and feeling safer about a lower dose to actually work for a little bit and should be able to again today so... but yeah... drug/supply prices are insane. :(

6. Jasper Blue and Jay

lmao my wife is making herself tuna fish for lunch... and both guys got themselves up and are now standing there waiting for tuna even though they're both half asleep and just had breakfast not that long ago and probably aren't even hungry lol it's like they're so programmed to respond to the smell/sound of tuna fish being made they're on autopilot.

Bellasmom likes this.
  7. Bellasmom

Yes apply, they will help with what u need, it will take some extra stress off u

8. Bellasmom

Mine love tuna too, I usually if it's in water I pour juices in bowl add water and give it to them

Jasper Blue and Jay likes this.
  9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Morning! Great job shooting 0.5u as well as the curve yesterday and the midcycle test last night. That gives us a ton of info.

Did you see my (too long) post on bouncing on yesterday’s thread? Because many of us are on PDT, we might not post u til you are in bed so it’s always best to go back to the previous thread and make sure you didn’t miss anything :)

Each meter is allowed to have a 20% variance between readings even with the same drop of blood. If you take 443 x 80% = 354 so you’ll see even your lowest number is within that range. Or you can do the math the long way and take 443 x 20% = 87 and then 443 - 89 = 354. At lower numbers, obviously the difference isn’t as much.

Jamie (@Bellasmom) is spot on that those numbers are all really the same.

I hope you see some movement today with 0.5u but keep in mind that insulin resistance can build even over a short time at high numbers.

I’m happy to answer all questions about FD, cycles, patterns, bounces, feeding approaches etc etc. But I will leave the dosing recommendations to these fine members here in PZ because, even though I am able to make suggestions with PZ, I typically don’t do it routinely because I’m haven’t stayed up on their dosing methods. They can use more latitude in changing doses than we typically do with Lantus or Levemir but usually not as much as the Normalin/Humulin/Caninsulin/Vetsulin insulins that I help with. They are the experts here with PZ dosing. :)

Bellasmom likes this.
  10. Jasper Blue and Jay

Hmmm maybe they were a lil hungry... cause after they had a lil bit of tuna they were running around all over the place being extra rambunctious chasing each other and then Jasper's civy brother/littermate did his thing when he wants food and stands on the entertainment center in front of the tv so we can't ignore him lol.. so... since I use Bailey as a control since they're littermates lol... and they're acting the same... I didn't worry about any behavior change or increased hunger but did give them both more food, they just nibbled and left a bunch so they weren't really that hungry after all.

I don't want food to mess up tests but I don't care really since I already did a curve and he needs to gain weight I want to give him as much food as he wants while he has insulin on board to help him get to a healthier weight.

Anyway, they're both settled down for naps again now lol

Bellasmom likes this.
  11. Jasper Blue and Jay

ah ok it's good to know it's 20%, that helps. I'm terrible at math lol so knowing that helps me understand the numbers better.

Thanks so much for all the help :)

Bellasmom and Marje and Gracie like this.
  12. Marje and Gracie

You’re very welcome. Any time at all. You can tag me or the members here will as well, if need be.

13. Bellasmom

Thanks Marje

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  14. Marje and Gracie

You’re welcome! :bighug:

15. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jazzy is in such a good mood today! He is giving me lots of cuddle time... maybe because he wants purebites lol but he's also been playing a lot, purring a lot, looking outside for birdies/chipmunks, etc, lol His civy brother is also extra active today and they're both eating more today...

Jasper just went to the wall behind his bowls and started scratching it , he usually only scratches stuff when he's trying to "clean up" lol like if something falls outside his litterbox or food falls on the floor outside his eating area. So I thought it was weird and indicated "ravenous hunger" but he still had some scraps on his bowl that weren't really dry so I figured he was just being picky and the "clean up" he wanted was for me to clean up the leftovers that didn't meet his approval lol which made me happy too... his brother was also looking for more food, so that made me feel better too... so they got more food.. they're both taking their post meal bath...

And I managed to resist the urge to TEST TEST TEST every time he looked at me funny around his nadir lol since his +4 was so high and he's had food available all day and been acting very happy and ... his poor little ears need a freakin break.

I am going to get one at +8 :( and then not again til his PMPS and then his +6 after that and then hopefully I can sleep til his AMPS.

Thanks again for everyone's support, I really appreciate not having to go through all of his alone. :bighug:

16. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good day! Remember that your kitty is more than just a number and signs of him feeling better are to be celebrated! We're always happy to help out with dosing advice and other questions!

MamaMug and Jasper Blue and Jay like this.