4/2 Magnolia PMPS 67

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sara & Magnolia, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

WCR: Furry, purry, happy, lovey. The P's are good. She was so hungry this morning! Looks like she's heading for a decrease today.

My schedule has been oh so very ridiculous lately, so DH has taken over many duties, which is awesome, but...I noticed a big air bubble in the lantus cartridge last night. It wasn't there the night before. I tried to suck it out with a new needle and I got most of it...but I know this can cause the lantus to go back fast. So...my plan is to play it be ear. If it looks like she's losing regulation, I'll replace it immediately, otherwise I'm going to try to wait until we hit the 28 days of it being open before buying a new one. It's more than half full, I hate to trash it if is still ok. I wish there was a way to test it to see if it's still good!

Last Post

Yesterday's Recap
    AMPS 81
    +3 61
    +5 72
    PMPS (45 minutes late) 73
    +2 72
    +3 73

2. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Magnolia AMPS 69, +1 60

Good Morning Sara!

Magnolia is looking swell. It's nice to have DH to rely on, isn't it? I've been leaning heavily on mine too. Sorry for your hectic schedule.

So about the air bubble...I had a similar issue last week with my cartridge. I also kept getting air bubbles in the needle (and I was trying to avoid the big bubble) and I had never had that problem before. I thought I was going to have to replace the cartridge early too, but the problem has seemed to resolve itself and paws crossed, the juice seems to still be working just fine. Paws crossed the same holds true for you.

Pets to Magnolia for me.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Magnolia has been doing beautifully and you have clearly mastered shoot low to stay low.

4. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

I did not know this about the big air bubble. I always get them in my pens! Hmmmmm....How does it make it go bad faster? I thought it was just a pain in the behind.

Magnolia is looking beeeeeeeeutiful! :mrgreen:
    Keep it up pretty girl!

5. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Thanks for sharing the story Amy, glad to know it worked out for you. It is great to be able to count on DH, I just wish he wouldn't do things like inject air bubbles into the cartridge. He's still learning though.

Thanks Sienne, it took a while right? But we're old pros now.

Carolyn, I thought that when air gets into the cartridge, it can make it go bad real fast. Can air bubbles just show up without air being pushed in? If so, I'll have to apologize to DH. :oops:

6. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Yep it just happens with the pens.. most of the time I don't have problems with them..but the last pen I had just drove me INSANE!.. happens even if you use the special pen needles (my human friend uses the pens and gets air bubbles in his all the time too)..

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/2 Magnolia AMPS 69, +1 60, +2 56, +3 49

Magnolia is cruisin right along. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

8. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Looks like I owe DH a big apology! I didn't know that could happen without human intervention!

I decreased her to 1.25. She is trucking!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.